Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Travelling After Lap Band Surgery On Puree Diet?

Hi, this is my first time hear. Had lap band surgery dec 20...doing well, have three weeks off from work...going crazy staying home. am still on liquid phase but as of jan4 will be on puree diet. Am contemplating looking for a 1 week getaway...has anyone travelled away on puree diet, am whiling to bring babyfood with me if have to, just wondering if my goals are realistic and to hear of people's experience. Will have to get staples taken out first week of Jan before leaving...Am I crazy?

I dont think it should be a problem. I think take your Protein Powder to toss into whatever you eat (smoothies, Soups etc) and youll be fine!

PS: I dont think I have seen anyone on this site who got staples! Any idea why your doc used them for such small incisions? Just curious...

I had to go on a road trip the 1 week after I had my surgery. It wasn't a big deal. I just made sure where I stopped I could get either some oatmeal (Starbucks), Mashed Potatoes (KFC, POPEYES) or a Jamba juice. Just drink a lot of Protein and you should be fine. The first few weeks I barely ate anyway so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I had to drive 500 miles to a funeral three weeks after surgery. It was fine. I stopped along the way for yogurt, Soup and pintos and cheese from Taco Bell.

I agree - bring Protein Powder and powdered Soups with you. A couple of times I was out and about, and I'd just go to a coffee and order a cup of hot Water, and put my Soup into it to drink. You can always get juice, milk shakes, etc, and most cafes and restaurants have a soup option. There's always yoghurt, and of course a jar or two of baby food in your bag won't hurt just in case!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches