Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iband With Gastric Sleeve Plication

I just had an Iband (with plication) done on 12/21/11 and I'm really wondering how I should feel on this day!! I feel like I have an air bubble caught between my rib cage thats pretty painful at times! I have had just a couple of spells of nausea, which I think is pretty good. Has any one else had the IBand done?

Hi, I just had the lap band done on 12/22 and I felt the same way. It seems to be getting better with each day but it's still uncomfortable at times. I've noticed the more I walk, the quicker the gas seems to get better and the less pain I have in the middle of my chest. I don't know if this has helped you at all, but I wish you the best of luck :)

Yes it does and Thank you!! Is your pain down at the bottom of rib cage? Good Luck on your journey!!!

Yes, and it feels like a combination of heart burn and a gas bubble. I still have it and noticed today that it gets worse if I bend over too much. So I've tried to avoid doing that or at least kept it to a minimum. I also noticed that if I walk too much or too fast it gets worse. I'm hoping over time it will get better, because I don't want to live with this forever! It's nice to talk to someone that is having the same problems I am right now. I wish you luck too Terri.

I went to the lap band dr today and he took a little of the Fluid out so that there would be more room for the gas to escape, I was good for a while and this evening I got it back, I took 3 Gas X strips and peppermint tea,,,I just started walking and walking to get some relief and I feel a little better now and afraid to eat or drink anything!! What a terrible feeling!! I wish you luck also!!

Hi Ladies :) I'm new here but have my Iband surgery on January 3rd :) I'm so excited, and a bit nervous too. I was told by my surgeon that the feeling you ladies are having is from the gas the they use to inflate the stomach during surgery to be able to see everything. How is you weight loss coming along?

I had the Iband done on 11/22. For the first week or so I had terrible heartburn. The second week it was better and I had zero hunger.

By week three the hunger started to return but I noticed I could no longer eat full portions like I used to even though there was no Fluid in my band. I'm guessing that was due to the plication.

It's week 5 and I got my first fill today, 2cc's. So far so good. I don't really feel any discomfort. I drank an 11 oz protien shake for lunch and I'm not hungry 2hrs later so we'll see how it goes...

Hi,

I'm scheduled to have the iBand on Jan 6th. I'm really looking forward to hearing how things go for everyone else

Congrats to you having upcoming IBands!! I will say that yes last night was awful!! It had to be from the gas they use! We went to Wing Stop this evening and I was able to eat to small pieces of chicken, and was it good!! I have not had any gas pains today!! Since the beginning of the 2 weeks prior to surgery I have lost 24 lbs!! I will keep you updated and hopefully the gas stuff is all gone!! Betsylulu how did you do today? I hope all is feeling well and to the soon to be's.....Good Luck with yours.. I think it will be so worth it!!

I know they tell you to use Gas X, I tried that last night when I felt real bad! I called them back today and asked if I could use Beano to put a stop to the gas ans they said they would rather I use Mylanta or Maalox. A couple hours after dinner I started feeling the gas a little and I took 2 tsp of the Maalox and it helped much better than the Gas X,,,,But I think taking Gas X 30 min before a meal is the ticket!!

Careful with the Mylanta/Maalox, it has magnesium in it which is a laxative! It worked great for my gas too but after a couple of days it gave me diarrhea!! ( I know, TMI!)

I did best with GasX and Tums for the awful gas pains and Pepcid AC helped with the heartburn.

Paid for my surgery today...only 4 days away. I need to be there at 6am on the 3rd :) I couldn't sleep at all last night. A bit nervous I guess :) But still excited at the thought of being able to walk up my stairs again without being out of breath!

I had the lapband w/ plication done 11/9/11. I also had to have some of the band Fluid removed 1 week post op to relieve the heartburn symptoms. I have had 1 fill since then, and haven't had any more symptoms. Although I have lost 22 lbs, I am now at a stand still.

I am looking forward to my next fill next week, to jump start another weight loss. I hope you feel better soon, and have a happy new year.

Brandie

Let me make you all feel better!! I had banding with plication done on August 11. I felt the way you guys felt for about a week, then one day I woke up and it was all better. The more you walk the better it will feel. Do not worry about it feeling that way forever. Trust me- I feel better than I have ever felt in my life and I am extremely active. I am going snow skiing this week, I work out everyday- you will feel like doing it all. The week after surgery will be a healing week but in the long run you will feel fantastic. I am certainly happy I did it. As you can see from my ticker things are working out great. In fact I have not had one problem with any sickness or throwing up. Only had one stuck incident and that lasted 60 seconds and by the way it was my fault. I can eat pretty much anything. I havent tried steak yet but everything else goes. Be patient! You gotta get over the surgery and get rid of all that gas that they gave you to knock you out.

I have felt great the past few days!! I have pretty much eaten what I want, I just get full faster! My energy level is so much better!! In my thoughts ahappiermommy!!!