Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! Can't Swallow Vitamins!

I'm taking chewable Vitamin Centrum 50+ and chewable Calcium tablets and cannot, for the life of me, chew them nor swallow them!! They make me gag! Any suggestions for alternatives?

I use the gummies Vitamins. They just rate like Gummy bears or sour patch kids depending on which brand you buy. If that doesn't work,.try liquid drops.

Have you tried Centrum chewable vitamins w/iron? they seem to go down pretty easy. For Calcium, the only liquid i could find was nasty. I finally

settled on Citracal. They're about half the size if a regular vitanin tablet

and I can take them one at a time, it takes 4 a day, so i go slowly.

Vitamin B12 (sublingual) for fatigue was recommended. They're tiny

and go under the tongue. A few others were recommended, but I don't

bother with them, only if my PCP recommends.

I use Nutrition Now's Multi Vites gummy vitamins. They are fruit flavored and I actually like them. They also sell Calcium in Gummy form. The Multi Vites don't contain calcium.

Find a chewable Vitamin like Flintstones Complete and use Citracal Petites for your Calcium and you shouldn't have to chew it. Remember to separate the calcium from the Iron about 2 hours to benefit from it, taking them together just makes them expensive urine. Good Luck, I hope you find what helps you.

I use "Bariatric Advantage" products. They have a variety of them, all tailored to the WLS the person has had. I like not having to take multiples of things to get the nutrition I need. And after a year of being banded, my labs were perfect. No deficiencies at all. So obviously the nutrition is working well. The price is a bit higher than you'll find at the local store for other brands, (averages about 45 cents a day for the multi vitamin), but these are intended for the specific needs of bandsters, and were recommended by my Surgeon. I highly recommend them as well. (And the Mixed berry flavor chewable multi Vitamin tastes fine, and goes down easily. No "vitaminy" taste.) http://www.bariatric...age.com/catalog

Dave

thanks everyone for your suggestions!!! I will most definitely try it out!

Try liquid Vitamins. I use isotonix and I couldn't be any happier with them.

I'm taking chewable Vitamin Centrum 50+ and chewable Calcium tablets and cannot, for the life of me, chew them nor swallow them!! They make me gag! Any suggestions for alternatives?

Try the gummies! I like them and actually enjoy them as I make them last a long time by "sucking" on them rather than chewing. Really, they are a nice treat!

Try the gummies! I like them and actually enjoy them as I make them last a long time by "sucking" on them rather than chewing. Really, they are a nice treat!

I, also, use gummies. I tried the liquid but I found it nasty. I use the sublingual B12 , also!

I agree with Dave_NW use good vits. the Gummy ones have wayyyyy to much sugar.

Country Life has liqguid Vitamins, I get a separate liquid one one for Calcium.< /span>

Be sure to use citrate calcium for the best absorption.

Have you tried the Centrum chewables. My team said not to take the Centrum silver because it doesn't have Iron in it. The chewables are orange flavored. They aren't awful, though. I am going to try the ca citrate petites today and see how that goes. If ok, I am going to save the chewables for after fills. I bought the cinnamon ca citrate from Bariatric Advantage that was a big mistake but they will eventually get used. I really like the chewable caramels that they have but they are ridiculously expensive for a ten day supply. That said, I will probably buy another bag as my Merry Christmas to me gift, lol.

All the best to you on your journey to good health. Merry Christmas,

Melinda

what if you bought a bariactric Vitamin? they are formulated to litterlally dissolve when fully chewed. You have to take two capsules a day for the multi and about 4 of the calcium chews daily for Calcium, however they are garanteed to disolve to comply with your band. And they don't taste to bad either, I usually take a small sip of crystal light with it just to rid the taste from my mouth or I brush my teeth after. Taking the mulit vit. and calcium is essential to your overall hedalth. Hope this helps.

i switched from chewable Multivitamin to a regular one and for now it is much better. and as far as the Calcium goes, i got chocolate chewable calcium ad they are fantastic!!! thanks everyone for your input!