Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No-no Foods...what Are Yours?

I was banded in Sept and have only been stuck twice. It was on fried rice and popcorn. the popcorn had cranrasins in it, so I'm not 100% sure if it was teh popcorn or the dried cran-raisins....either way I'm staying away from both of them completly! I can eat breat in a few small bites, other than that nothing has really been hard for me to eat. I just eat about 1/8th of what I used to! What are foods that you have to stay away from?

I have gotten stuck on meat, beef and pork, but it was probably because the tiny bite was not tiny enough, or I ate too fast or did not chew enough. I have had a hard time with bread and flour tortillas. But no problem with corn tortillas and I like them better anyway. I got stuck on one bite of coleslaw, lettuce has given me problems too. I can eat a little bit, but not much.

well since i been filled as of saturday i can eat anything ,, it gets stuck or feels like it by my throat ! also cold Water i cant drink either !

Among other things, I always have problems with red meat. Even hamburger. I've pretty much given up on it.

chicken and fish have to be very soft, not over cooked.

Shrimp and lobster - have to be very careful!

Oh, and bread. NO MORE bread, biscuits, doughnuts, pastries, etc etc.

I am ok with crackers though. Just not too much.

My list is long. I've been very sensitive to things from day one. I'm ok with it because my weight came off fast and with no "work". I maintain my normal weight with zero work as well. Here's the no no list that comes to mind right now:

Dense meat (steak, roast, pork ....)

bread

Pasta

Rice

eggs

Carbonated drinks

pizza (because of the bread issue)

hamburgers (because of the bread issue)

anything breaded or fried

I'm sure my list is longer, but those are the items that come to mind

Those of you who can't eat meat, I wonder how you have it done? Well? medium well?? I love filet mignon, pretty much the only red meat I will ever eat, and i eat it medium rare, which is quite soft if cut in small pieces and chewed well...I hope I can eat it after being banded!

My list is too long.I drink 2 Protein Shakes a day.my lunch is 1. Oz of nuts 1 oz of cheese 1 cut apple no skin sand 1 TVs of pb! I drink one shake for Breakfast. And one aftter workout.dinner is always a mess.neverknow what I am eating ..popcorn air popped, dosnt give me a problem but microwave does

Got stuck on raw carrot but I know it was bc I didnt chew well but now my brain wont let me eat them bc I am paranoid.

I have gotten stuck twice on italian pretzels and once on a piece of bacon. I tried to eat a biscuit yesterday at Christmas dinner and had a tough time with it, so I probably won't be trying it again in the future. I avoid rice as a rule, although I've never had any trouble with it. Same thing with steak...I've never really been a steak person anyway. eggs make me nauseous now for some reason. Not a fan of hamburger anymore either.

Those of you who can't eat meat, I wonder how you have it done? Well? medium well?? I love filet mignon, pretty much the only red meat I will ever eat, and i eat it medium rare, which is quite soft if cut in small pieces and chewed well...I hope I can eat it after being banded!

I can eat steak, as long as the pieces are tiny..as in about the size of a pencil eraser. I do that to avoid swallowing a piece with some gristle that I didn't see. But, if eating steak and I cannot chew it to the consistency of applesauce before swallowing, I've been known to spit it into a napkin to avoid getting stuck.

I can do the Tenderloin, or The Fillet Mignon because it's soft. Other meats I drag through a sauce to soften them up. Like BBQ Sauce. I noticed that this helps me.

chicken Breast

Pasta

Rice

Any Breads

Raw Vegetables Firm

Fresh Fruits Like Apples. Peaches.

Otherwise I try to get by... I like my Protein shakes, and cheese.

I've been stuck twice. Once was on a hash brown, and once was on a chicken schnitzel that I was trying to eat early in the day. (Had no problem with chicken schnitzel at night, when the band is a bit looser.)

I got stuck Monday on sausage it was my worst episode ever.....

My no no list:

bread

flour tortillas

rice

Pasta

apples

bananas

I tend to stay away from starches since they cause the most problems. I can eat steak, chicken, pork, and any seafood and love that I can still eat salads.