Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Weight Loss After Lap Band Surgery......

For most of us exercising is one of the key factors in sustaining the weight loss, restriction of food will only take you so far down that road, then you need to start looking at calories in and calories burned by exercising, not everyone needs to but if u say you arent exercising then have a go smile.png

Wow!! Look how far you have come in less than a year! Super congrats!!

I needed to hear that Oldie. Your right, I am tight and I think that my body has gotten used to it because I cant really tell that I am. Maybe if I try really hard and start to lose again, my Doctor will give me an unfill. It could be like starting over again. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Nevertheless; If I could contiue to lose, It will be ALL good!!

I wouldn't wait. If you think you are too tight cause things are getting stuck (and you are thus resorting to eating easier less healthy foods), that's when you call the dr to do a slight unfill. Super good luck to you. It is all an on-going learning/experimenting process for all of us!

I am the queen of slow loss, 48 pounds in a year! Granted 48 I probebly wouldnt have lost without the band but still had hoped for better .. all I can do is keep trying to change things up a little and keep on plugging away.

I started out 1 pound heavier then you. Surgery was May 10, 2011, and I'm just now down 40 pounds.

More than a pound a week average, not bad. But yeah, I read some posts and wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong.

I am also a slow loser. I am a very conservative eater and I do an hour of cardio a day. I think it is because I lost 90 pounds presurgery and had been doing an hour of cardio daily for a year and a half. I think some people who go from eating 3000 calories a day and no exercise to 800-1000 cal. and exercising loose much faster.

I am recently banded and I am worried about this same thing, Since preop diet to know, two weeks after the band I have lost 22 lbs but I am so worried that my body will adjust to the calories and stop losing...I know exercise plays a big part and plan on this but still very nervous!

I'm a slow loser as well. I was banded 9/21/2011 and have only lost 17 pounds. My weight is coming off pretty slow in comparison to most people who have had lap band surgery. I exercise six days a week on the elliptical for about forty minutes and only eat about 1100 calories daily at most. I have only lost about 17 pounds. I’m getting very discouraged. I'm glad I'm not alone.

I am also a slow loser. I am a very conservative eater and I do an hour of cardio a day. I think it is because I lost 90 pounds presurgery and had been doing an hour of cardio daily for a year and a half. I think some people who go from eating 3000 calories a day and no exercise to 800-1000 cal. and exercising loose much faster.

I completely agree with you!

I am getting another fill this Friday so I am going to discuss this with my doctor. Although I am getting plenty of Protein (even above my requirements some days) maybe my carb intake is too high. It's just mind boggling to me because I don't eat even 1/2 of what I use too, I would think the weight would just be falling off, but it's simply not. I'm not going to give up, that's for sure, I'm just a little frustrated right now.

I have been losing weight slowly. While, I would love to wake up and see the scale drop down five pounds at a time, I realize slow and steady is my course. During the holidays I gained a few pounds, but, they are coming right back off. 001_tongue.gif

Tomorrow its back to work and back to the gym! I hate the eliptical, but, it works. My band is working too. I cannot eat as much as I could, yea!

If you are a slow loser that means you just have to work at it harder. I couldnt survive if I didnt use myfitnesspal.com to log in everything that I eat.

What are you eating? How much? What kinds of food?? I am on a low calorie, low carb diet. I try to eat 1200 calories a day or less and under 40 grams of carbs a day. I work out 5-6 days a week.

Yes, I will work at it harder. I have used myfitnesspal from day 1. I track every single piece of food that enters into my mouth including Protein, fat and carbs. I do not eat more than 1200 calories a day. The only thing I am not doing is working out. Obviously that must be the problem.

you can lose weight without working out. its harder and slower, but 1200 calories isnt just it. You also have to eat clean and watch sodium. Sodium I have found to be a diet kill for me and others. I bloat big time. Like 5-6lbs when i have a cheat day. Its crazy. I have a kidney issue where my kidneys dont expell salt. So, I'm on meds. I dont eat processed foods. I cook everything that I eat and I use salt substitues. I am losing 10-12lbs per month for the past 3 months. My first month I stopped losing and was sooo frustrated. I was working out twice a day and eating 800 calories a day and nothing. My dr. found my kidney issues and boom, I was down 10lbs in a week.

Can you please tell me how you posted this .. I have been on here for ever and dont know how to ask questions or post my experiences . going nuts .

I was just recently banded December 1st and im almost down 15 lbs. I have a meal plan planned out from my nutritionist until february 9th.

Are you still talking to your nutritionist ?

hello i have been banded for 6 months and only down 55 pounds feels like i am stuck!!! are you willing to share your meal plan? thanks