Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What To Eat In The First 2 Weeks after Lap Band Surgery!

Thanks for all the replies. As for the chocolate, I've been given the ok. I can't stomach Soup. Yoghurt and custard are making me gagg.

Had eggs today........unbelievable! :)

I find that if I drink a Protein Shake with a straw I can pretty much avoid tasting it. It was sound weird but what I do is bite down on a bendy straw to make it as flat as possible, then I put the straw about 3/4 of the way to the back of my throat and start sucking a slow and steady stream of Protein shake. Using this method I find that I don't taste it very much at all and I haven't gagged which I would be afraid I would do if I tried to drink it straight from the container. I haven't been banded yet so I'm not sure how well it would work afterwards but I am pretty sure that I don't take in much air using this method so I think it will work post band.

ive been drinking Boost, a Liquid Protein drink that taste like choc milk to me. it also comes in vanilla or strawberry. you;ll find it in the diabetic section of some stores or also near the cans of Slim-Fast, another yummy Protein Drink.< /p>

How does the special k Protein Powder taste?

I like it, fine. I mix mine with just bottled Water, and it is good. I have only been able to find strawberry/banana, but may come in other flavors. Good luck, looks like it has been 9 days since your surgery, now. Hope that you are doing well! Karen

THANKS SO MUCH! I AM GOING TO TRY IT BECAUSE I REALLY NEED TO BE EATING MORE PROTEIN! SO FAR SO GOOD, JUST KEEP THINKING ABOUT THE LONG ROAD AHEAD AND IT SEEMS ENDLESS, BUT I KNOW I HAVE TO STAY POSITIVE!teeth_smile.gif

I use ProSource banana Protein. It is pretty tasty. I use milk and it taste like a banana milkshake.

Do you have a smoothie King in you area? My Doctor says I can have the Gladiator drink there. I get the grape and is VERY GOOD! It feels like a cheat drink. I start my pre-op diet on the 28 so I have done lots of tasting on different Protein so I know what I like and dont like once my pre-op diets starts. To make at home I really like Isopure, I have to mix with fruit to take the Vitamin taste away and it works. I just buy the fozen fruit and mix in just a lil bit.

GOOD LUCK in finding something you like.. I dont know how hard it is going to be for me after surgery but I keep telling my self I will just have to do it... I am self paying for this so I have to do whatever it takes to help the Lap Band Help Me!

Not sure about your doctor's thoughts but mine said Clear liquids the first two days, then anything I could drink through a straw (BUT DON'T DRINK THROUGH ONE) this is just an example of what consistency of food I can eat. This has allowed me (3 days out) to have some Campbell's Soup at Hand and other creamy Soups, just watch calories. I also make my Protein shakes with a small piece of banana , and some yogurt and mix it in my personal blender.

I have a hard time actually remembering to eat. lol

I have dr. Barnett too. i was banded on the 23rd of this month and on my discharge papers it said clear liquid for 48 hours then may advance as tolerated to regular diet. Is that right? I have been eating stuff like tuna and pudding and chicken for the past couple days along with my Protein Drinks. Does that sound right to you? Sorry new to this and was hoping you could help me out some. :-)

I am making a Protein Shake with vanilla whey Protein by Body Fortrass 52 grams of protein per scoop. I am using ice, lowfat milk, the scoop of protein and a squirt of light or surgar free chocolate Syrup. This makes it so I can at least get it down. I have tried every protein powder and drink there is and they are all gross, but this kinda tastes like a chocolate milkshake.

I said it before, and hear it is again MUSCLE MILK LIGHT ! It does not have that nasty Protein taste. It's built on flavor. Vanilla Creme is a great base to use to design your own smoothie, not to mention it's a Excellent shake.< /p>

chocolate Milk

Chocolate Peanut Butter

strawberry Milkshake

Cookies N Creme.

These are all good choices. I keep these all in stock for switching up on.

Go to AllStarHealth.com these are all under $20.00 a Jug, shipping is $5.99 no matter what you buy.

Also check out the supplies on ebay. Some are Very High, and sometimes you get a deal.

But it's good stuff.

Try Bariatric Fusion. It's a Protein Shake made specifically for bariatric patients before and after surgery. I really like them. They don't taste like a Protein shake. They taste like a milk shake. You can get it at www.bariatricfusion.com It's a little expensive but worth it because they taste good. The only thing I noticed is when you only use the 4-6 ounces of milk like it recommends, the shakes are a little too thick. So I add a little more milk. Hope this helps.