Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

200-250... Ouch. What Are Your Goals!? Motivation.

That's like... one and a half of an entire person. That's so disgusting.. and... I wanna cry when I see that i have that much to lose. :(

This forum , and everyone on it have been so motivational. I KNOW i can do it---as can the rest of you!!

I look forward to this long, exciting journey ahead of me. The depression and whoa is me because this fatty cant down a burger and some nice greasy fries, the slip ups & eating some cake when I think its ok, just two bites, the excitement from jumping on the scale ( AND IT ACTUALLY WORKS And doesnt say Tiiiiiiiiiiiilt! Yes, thats true... My scale wouldnt read until like 330 lbs. Lame.), the anxiety . All of it!

I have goals set. And things to look forward too. Some silly, some you wont understand.Some Cliche...and everyone does them all the same. But Goals , none the less.

What are your goals for when you start dropping the numbers?

Goal weights.....celebrations? Things you've had to pass up because you were too fat, and ashamed!?

My list is always growing,. but here are some , ill share them. Id love to hear yours too.

1. I bought a couple of outfits from Ross on sale, Pants currently 28/30. I bought 22/24, thats my HELL YEAH ! im doing great-Goal.. and some 1x SHIRTS ( im in 3 and 4x now) outfits to look forward too.

BOXES of my clothes from YEARS back... the " Ooooh I cant throw this away... Ill fit into it when i lose weight down the road" Clothes pile. I know we all have one. I have two lol.

2. Tattoos ive been mentally storing for EVER! Im to ashamed to get them on me. Tattoos and fatties= stretched out nasty ink. no thanks. dont want to reveal them. Dont want to get them. Well.... that times coming.

When I get skinny <--- teehee...or.. skinny-ish anyhow. I want my tattoos!

3. To dress sexy ( not skanky) could be a nice pair of jeans, boots and a shirt... whatever., and get out and go DANCING at the club!!!!!!!! Im not a big drinker, nor do i club or bar hop. But... to want to go out PUBLICLY and dance, and i love to dance--just the fact i wont be ashamed to be on the dance floor or noticed.

I want positive attention for one min. just one.

4. Go to the state fair and every carnival i run into! <-------- silly things.... When your a fatty... the fear of the belts not being big enough, tilting the rides, having the carnie have 3/4 of everyone move to the opposite side... rejection. Nope.

Cant do that anymore... I want, and will go on the rides with my little girl. I refuse to have her grow up and never go to a carnival or fair because I couldnt ride with her... or didnt want to go. I miss being...,,,SOCIAL.... all this tied into that. This soon to be x-fatty is gonna ride those rides---Look out :P hehe

5.To wear a .... D R E S S. Yes, a dress...

isnt that sad? To resent, and be ashamed to wear a dress..that i have to be so excited for that.... possibly. But Im so stoked to wear CUTE CLOTHES. goodbye lane bryant... good bye fashion bug... good bye plus sizes...Hello Confidence. :)

Good for you!

Yes, its a big number, but its the same process as it is for everyone. You just start with the first pound. The only difference is the amount of time it will take.

And you know, even if you've just lost 50, and still have 150 to 200 to go, you'll be feeling great about that. Every pound gone is thinner than you were, and it feels good - you dont have to wait till you've lost the whole 200 + to feel good about yourself, feel healthier. The whole journey is enjoyable if you take the time to appreciate the process. There'll be major victories along the way too, you might be looking forward to the day when you can run a few hundred metres, or that first dress may come at 100lb down or whatever. The rewards arent all at the finish line, there's plenty along the way.

NO one else?

OK honey, just stop tormenting yourself!!!!!! Since you've been banded you have lost 44 pounds. How great for you!

Be positive! Be realistic! I know you didn't put on the weight overnight and it will take time to lose it, even with the band. And your goals aren't silly I think they are quite normal. My only goal so far has been to be able to cross my legs again, so there. By saying the amount of weight you want to lose is disgusting, you are really calling yourself disgusting and you aren't, in fact you look lovely to me.

Try this, instead of focusing on the seemingly monumental task ahead of you, Celebrate the small successes you'll have. Every pound lost is a step towards a healthier you which is the main goal anyway right?

Hi Lisha,

You are doing a great job from the looks of it. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. Weight will come off in time and while it might take some time to come off it did not go on over night and at least your doing something about it now and not 10 years from now.

I lost 174 pounds between 2003 and 2004 and gained it all back plus 80 additional pounds. I went through months of depression/anger after packing it all on. It took a lot of strength to get through but I have turned that anger into motivation and drive to get back down to the 219 pounds I was at on Christmas of 2004.

I know I can lose the weight and have the will power to do it. It is my hope the lapband will help me keep it off by adding that restriction.

I look forward to going back and doing things I was doing in 2004 that I cannot do today. Simple things like going to dinner and being able to sit in a booth or attending a sporting event or concert without the fear of not fitting in the seats. More importantly taking a walk with my wife without having to find a place to sit down every 10 minutes because my arthritic knees scream from the stress i am putting on them.

I could go on and on....

I am not banded but I have lost a lot of weight before. My advice it to enjoy the journey while it's happening. Celebrate the movement on the scale, celebrate the size change of the clothes you fit into. Make mini goals and celebrate them as you hit them. If you do that it will make the journey not seem so long and at the same time when you hit the ultimate goal it will make it all that more memorable and rewarding.

Best wishes...Jim

I have not been banded yet but have lost 45 pounds so far in the first 2 months of my insurance required diet. Today i was packing for a trip and was in the closet and started getting rid of my really, really large clothes. Took out a bunch of waist size 68 and 70 pants and will say goodbye to all but maybe one pair so I have something to compare against later.

We can all be the biggest loser if we just take it slow and steady one day at a time.

Time flies by when you have the band and it will for you. Since 4/4/11 I have lost 132 pounds. I have gone from a size 26 to a size 10 (me a size 10, I have never been a size 10!). My rings have gone from an 11 1/2 to an 8 1/2 my feet have also gone down a size! It is such an amazing journey and so worth it. You can do it and you are already off to a good start.

I know how you feel, Lisha. I've got a little more than 200 pounds to go too. I've found that you can't look at it like "Oh, I have so much weight to lose, I'll never make it." That's just self-defeating. You have to make some short-term goals. I've been doing a lot of thinking about this and I've made some for myself, so I'll share. Right now I am at 375, and I am at the very beginning of my process. I have a nine-month physician documented diet before I can even think about being banded. So my first goal is to lose 25 lbs. in that nine months. I don't want to lose too much, in case the insurance company would say "well, then, you don't need surgery!" Then my next goal is to get down under 300. I'm not putting in a time frame because I don't know how it will go for me, since I have medical issues that may impact how fast I can lose and how much exercise I can do. When I get to 299, I will dance my ever-lovin' rear end off, then my next goal is 250. Breaking it up into smaller pieces makes it so much more doable. Then when you get to the 200-250 lost range, you can look back and say "Wow, I remember when I was so discouraged by this, but look at me now! I did it!"

I know you can do it. I have faith in you. : )

i have alot too and am short so i look nearly as wide as i am tall

my goals are to wear clothes that are in my closet and drawers that i havent wore in a long while

and to buy new clothes....

sometimes i get down when i think of how far i have yet to go

but i got to think i am doing better today than i was yesterday..all the best my friend

Carolina girl,

You can do it : ) have a specific measurable plan and take care of the items on your plan each day. People think losing 200+ pounds is about doing extraordinary things ... That's where they are mistaken - It's about doing ordinary things DAILY.

You may find hope and humor I'm my sisters blog - she has lost 180 lbs so far and is a single mother of 4. http://www.300poundsdown.com/

Hope in your Future is Power in your Present!

Lee

Carolina girl,

You can do it : ) have a specific measurable plan and take care of the items on your plan each day. People think losing 200+ pounds is about doing extraordinary things ... That's where they are mistaken - It's about doing ordinary things DAILY.

You may find hope and humor I'm my sisters blog - she has lost 180 lbs so far and is a single mother of 4. http://www.300poundsdown.com/

Hope in your Future is Power in your Present!

Lee

you have no idea how much your post means to me.

i will venture and devour her blog and learn.

thank you lee

Thanks! I appreciate that : ) good luck

I loved reading your post Lisha. I think mostly becaus I'm in a similar situation. It is nice to see that I'm not alone! Good luck on your pash. You will be successful!

Goals... dreams... HOPE! You are right to have them and even "righter" to make them tangible like buying a few items for the future.

We are driven to surgery by PAIN... but it's HOPE that propels us down the post surgery path to VICTORY. Pain is not enough to do the daily work that leads to major life changing weight loss... 200lbs plus. So I encourage and applaud you... HOPE is the fuel you require : )

I have lost over 250 lbs and changed my life, reversing a death sentence (COPD/Diabetes/High Blood pressure/Sleep Apnea) and my sister has lost almost 200 and still on her way. Read her recent blog post on exactly this subject... she is looking back at her start and dream list etc...

http://www.300poundsdown.com/2012/12/disney-world.html

Hope in Your Future is Power in Your Present,

Lee

It's great to read this and not feel so totally alone in these feelings. Break it down into small goals. We'll get there!