Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Substituting Soda After Lap Band Surgery ?

I love soda and I know that after surgery its a big NO NO. So...my question is..what do you guys find is a good substitute?

You'll have to try soda yourself, many people react differently to it. After you have all your fills, things may be

different for you. Be careful with food and soda, go slowly until you find out how it affects you. Most dietitions

say to absolutely abstain, but lots of people don't. Just be careful.

I know people use different things but I found the Walmart version of Crystal Light to be about as good as anything. Some people use Propel and fruit 2 O but I found them to be very costly. Gatorade G2 and Powerade zero are great when your working out but I wouldn't recommend them for drinking all the time. Just Plain Water is best if you can handle that. Good Luck

I used to be a diet coke addict. Now I make crystal light by the gallon.

I'm two years out and do not drink any pop at all.

Try MiO liquid Water Enhancer. They have a variety of flavors to choose from: berry Pomegranate, fruit Punch, Mango Peach, Peach Tea, Sweet Tea, and strawberry Watermelon.

I have bought the berry Pomegranate and the Sweet Tea. Out of the two, I prefer Berry Pomegranate

My doctor advises against soda. I have tried the diet drinks and well... it leaves my mouth dry and I just dont like the after taste. Sooooo this was my cure. I take and pour just a little juice in the bottle of an empty bottle or glass (20oz) and add Water. I try to stay away from sugary juices like ones with the word cocktail or lite, shooting more for the ones that say diet. Best bet is to read the label and look for sugars and carbs. Good luck, hope this helped.

Have you tried Vitamin Water Zero? I have it as a treat every once in a while, but I like it because it doesn't have that funny aftertaste that some diet drinks have. I used to be a hardcore soda addict too, but now I don't miss it.

unsweetened ice tea......with something like truvia or equal and a lemon, there is the caffeine you are looking for

I love Vitamin Water Zero. Sometimes I have one in the afternoon at work for a treat!

I stopped drinking soda (or pop where I'm from) many years ago and switched to iced tea with sweet n low. I don't like the pre-made teas because they taste spoiled to me. I use lipton tea bags. I fill a 2qt picher 3/4 of the way with hot Water, let 3-4 tea bags steep for a couple hours, then add 5 sweet n lows and ice..... yum. I have tried a few things with carbonation over the past 2 years and find that they cause me quite a bit of discomfort.

water..... thats pretty much all I drink. Its not exciting but I find nothing else hydrates me like Water.< /p>

And let me tell you I drank 4-6 diet cokes every day for as long as I can recall.... It was a tough sacrifice for me.,... but I did it.

They say that the carbonation in soda can make your pouch expand and cause your band to slip. Also, I don't know about you, but before surgery I know that if I drank soda, I could always eat more. If I was eating junk food and drinking soda, I could eat and eat and eat, but if I tried it without soda, not only did I not really want as much, but I got full faster. Soda is SO bad for you...they've done studies, and the stuff can melt metal if it's left sitting in it for a long time..especially coke.

anyway, I loved diet soda but I've given it up..it's not worth it to me. I drink LOTS of Water, sometimes I drink apple juice, but mostly water. I stay away from sugar free stuff. Just another chemical your body can't recognize...I've read that it actually makes you GAIN weight because your body doesn't know what to do with it. Water, juice once in a while, lots of coffee, tea, and iced tea. I love Hot Drinks.< /p>

I drink mostly green tea as it's supposed to aid in weight loss. Mix a little Splenda and it is a fine drink.

TBM

Water, black tea, green tea, herbal tea.