Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Considering Dr. John Weaver In Colorado For Lap Band Surgery

HOLIDAY SPECIAL

December 1, 2011 - February 29, 2012

Dr. John Weaver is offering the Allergan

Gastric-Band Surgery for $8495.00

Please contact his office for more information

303-320-7826

I am thinking about going to Dr. Weaver for follow-up and fills since Dr. K retired.

I would love to hear what Dr. Weaver is like.

This is Natalie, I was the bariatric coordinator for Dr. Kirshenbaum and I now work for Dr. Weaver. He is a very nice man. He wants to make sure that his patients are happy. He charges $125.00 for the inital consulation and then $25.00 for fills. Please call me if you have any other questions. 303-320-7826

regular_smile.gif So I've been having some pain around my port area. I wasn't sure if I wanted Dr. Weaver to take a look at me but I could'nt stand the pain any longer. He was the nicest and kindest doctor. He accessed my port immediatley..I was so happy!! He is young but I think he is a great doctor!!

I don't go in very often, about one time per year or so. I will try Dr. Weaver first when It's time. Of course I'll go sooner if I have any issues.

Hello Everyone. I finally decided to jump in with both feet and make my first posting. I met with Dr. Weaver in his Sky Ridge Hospital office in Lone Tree on December 2.

I was greeted warmly by Lucy at the front desk.

My consultation with Dr. Weaver lasted about an hour (atleast) and I found him to be very informative and friendly. Very nice man, willing to answer all of my questions. He goes through a powerpoint on the computer so no details are missed. I really liked that. I felt he was there to consult with me rather than tell me and get out as fast as he could. He was great.

Natalie then came in and was willing to answer any leftover questions that I had. I didn't have to many. I thought Natalie was very kind and I look forward to working with her. She said I could call her at any time with questions.

I am taking advantage of Dr. Weavers discount he is offering, that is what finally made the difference in my setting my surgery date because I am a cash pay.

I set my date for December 22, 2011.

I am very excited and ready to go.

I begin my 2 week diet this Thursday, December 8. Dr. Weaver has me using the Adkins diet.

Paula, Dr. Weavers dietician has already called and done my consultation over the phone. It took about an hour and I was so appreciative. She went over all the pre op and post op eating plans, the dos and don't and lots of great suggestions. I learned so much from her!!

I am anxious to see more people posting for Dr John Weaver and hope to see this thread grow with lots of great support.

Here we go...Banane42.gif

Thanks for the details! I cringe when I hear the crazy liquid pre-op diets people have to do. Dr. K. had me do Atkins and it worked great as a pre-op diet. The 22nd will get here fast and you will be on your way to skinnyville!

What is Dr. Weaver's experience level. Seems like he is somewhat young but am curious on his experience level.

Thank you !

Thanks for the details! I cringe when I hear the crazy liquid pre-op diets people have to do. Dr. K. had me do Atkins and it worked great as a pre-op diet. The 22nd will get here fast and you will be on your way to skinnyville!

I had Dr K and have been very successful! Natalie is a Doll!

I cringe too when I hear about the bizarre pre-op diets they have patients do! I have a friend who had to only eat no sugar Jello, black coffee and sugar free tea. That was all she could have for 7 days! What on earth was wrong with that doctor? She was feeling faint by the 2nd day! I think many doctors do these bizarre diets pre-operatively to just torture the obese, like, "if you really want this LapBand you're going to have to suffer for it!" Like we haven't suffered enough already! Dr K's diet and Dr Weaver's diet is the true Liver Shrinking Diet! - Carbs is what causes the liver to swell, not fat, not calories! Carbs! Anyone who knows anything about nutrition and the body, knows this!

Off my soapbox now!

Glad this thread has been started! I need to get in and see Dr Weaver! I was waiting to get my finances in order after the holidays, some dental work and some business trips I hadn't been reimbursed for yet! Yikes! TMI! I'm sure no one really needed to hear my woes!

Take care folks!

dee~

I am SUPER-DE-DUPER excited now that I have my surgery scheduled with Dr. Weaver for March 1st! One of the reasons I decided on Dr. Weaver is because of the awesome special he is running, but let me tell u, the quality of patient relations is NOT compromised! I did a TON of research before deciding, and was a phone call away from going to Mexico.

For those considering out of country Lap-Band, just know that surgery with Dr. Weaver isn't much different in cost when u consider the hefty non-refundable deposit required, airfare, passports, and all the hoops u have to jump through. I also found that there were hidden costs, and u had to buy THEIR Vitamins, THEIR Protein supplements and shakes, etc. Lots of out-of-pockets cost involved.

The second reason I chose Dr. Weaver is because they have a PERFECT package especially for out-of-town patients requiring only ONE visit. The pre-op is the day before surgery, and Dr. Weaver's consult is over the phone. Today I spoke with Paula (the nutritionist) to set up that over the phone consult as well. She is super sweet. So far, my experience with Natalie (the scheduler) has been awesome, too! Everyone is so thorough and personable, willing to answer questions and quick to return calls/emails. U don't feel like just a number. I will be updating as my journey continues!

Day 5 of my pre-op diet, and doing well. Though I do miss my carbs dearly, I've lost 4 lbs already....so I know it's working. I leave for CO a week from tmrw, and March 1st can't come soon enough. Natalie has been AWESOME helping with financing and other questions (and believe me, I have a lot!)

I had my phone consult with Dr. Weaver last Mon. SUPER nice guy, answered EVERY question I had and explained things wonderfully. I didn't feel rushed at all, and he made me feel at ease about the procedure. Paula the nutritionist was the same way. Nice as can be, and even though I had a puking 2 yr old, she was happy to wait while I got him cleaned up and in the bath.

I appreciate everyone at the office so much for their caring personalities and helpfulness. What a personable experience! I definitely feel important to them.

Well, I haven't posted for a few days, but TODAY is the big day! I go to Crown Point Surgery Center at 7:30am (I've been up since 3) and the anxiety is crazy! I'm not nervous AT ALL! Yesterday I had my pre-op appt. Natalie came in, asked a few questions and took my weight, blood pressure, and then we met with Dr. Weaver. Down 11 lbs! :)

I can't stress enough how thorough he is. We traveled to CO with my in-laws (and believe me, my mother-in-law asks A LOT of questions) and not once did any of us feel that we weren't the most IMPORTANT thing he was doing. He explained the procedure and let us ask questions, but the part that made me most at ease was when I expressed my concern abt nausea, and he showed me the arsinal of meds he would give me before and after. I was sooo scared to vomit after surgery, but fingers crossed....he's got me covered. I was also glad to know that he sutures the band to the stomach.

I was so surprised when we left and I asked my husband and parents what they thought of Dr. Weaver. Mom jumped right in and said, "I loved him! He was really nice and I know you're safe in his hands." I guess u gotta know her to be surprised at this statement...lol.

Anyway, I'll be back later today for an update! Send prayers!

Day 5 post-op and I'm feeling awesome! Today I removed my dressings, and was pleasantly surprised at how much smaller the incisions were than I thought.

Surgery went well. The staff at Crown Point were great from beginning to end. We checked in at the front desk and I was called back fairly quick. My nurse (Kris) was as sweet as she could be. Once I was changed, I got my IV and a few anti-nausea meds, and soon my family was able to come back. We all got to chat with Dr. Weaver and Dr. DeCampo from anesthesia and ask questions, and then I was wheeled to the O.R. I barely remember anything from that point besides Dr. DeCampo saying, "Ok Sarah, I'm gonna go ahead and make u sleepy now." That was it!

I woke up in recovery with some discomfort, but nothing horrible. I remember when I woke from my tubal reversal I thought I was dying. This was a 6 or 7, and pain meds quickly helped. By quickly, I mean seconds.

My husband and in-laws came back and we just hung out for a while as I took deep breaths to keep my oxygen up. My only problem was that I couldn't pee, so I walked and drank, and walked and drank some more....and finally needed a foley cathater. Anytime I've had anesthesia in the past I've had the same problem. After being released, I went back to our suite and chilled out the rest of the day, walking around without difficulty.

The day following surgery was my worst. The gas pains were rough, and the best thing I could do to work through it was to walk it off. I saw Dr. Weaver for my post-op appt and the cathater was removed, yay! Dr. Weaver checked my incisions and port location and we were on our way.

Anyone considering Dr. Weaver should look no further. I honestly wish I had a complaint, but I don't! Since surgery I have had 2 phone calls from the surgery center, and 2 from Dr. Weaver's office just to check up. The people here genuinely care about u and I couldn't have asked for better care!

Follow Lapband Rockies on

Facebook!!

Dr. Weaver is offering the surgery for $8950.00 if you qualify for surgery in an outpatient setting.

Call 303-320-7826 for more information

Update: 2 1/2 mo out from surgery. Had 1 fill 5 weeks ago, and #2 next week. Down 36 lbs! Couldn't be happier :)