Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Newbie And Looking For Some November Bandsters To Keep In Touch With.

I was banded 11/11/11 . Dont think i can forget that date that easy. Anyways im 33 years old and decided that i needed to change my life. Everyone has always asked did you try W/W, south beach diet, Atkins and yes to all above plus many more. If i could follow a diet id be skinny i said but that is my DEMON. Some demons like booze , drugs mines loves the taste of food. Anyways a came here on a search for some amazing people that i can share and chat with our journeys together. If you would like to do so that would be fanastic.

Good luck too all thumbs_up.gifteeth_smile.gif

Tgrega,

I was banded 11/1/11! Hard to forget that date as well, plus the fact that it was the day before my birthday! I am 47 going on 30 (or at least I feel that way). I would love to keep up with you! Go "Novembanders!"

I was banded 11-14-11, I'm 34 yrs old.

Let's chat

I was banded on 11/24/2011. would love to keep in touch.

Banded 11/3/11 34 y.o.

From Boston, Massachusettes

Starting weight: 245

Current weight: 211

Goal weight: 130

Best decision ive ever made! So excited & looking fwd to the rest of this amazing journey!!

I was banded 11/11/11 . Dont think i can forget that date that easy. Anyways im 33 years old and decided that i needed to change my life. Everyone has always asked did you try W/W, south beach diet, Atkins and yes to all above plus many more. If i could follow a diet id be skinny i said but that is my DEMON. Some demons like booze , drugs mines loves the taste of food. Anyways a came here on a search for some amazing people that i can share and chat with our journeys together. If you would like to do so that would be fanastic.

Good luck too all thumbs_up.gifteeth_smile.gif

Hi how you doing i originally had surgery in 2009 but had to go back in on the 17th of this month to have it all done again as it slipped so if u want to know anything or keep in touch im happy to do so.

Cheers

Jess

Hi im looking for people in australia you have had surgery and i can just get to know and go through the journey together.

But even if not in australia im still happy to go through it with you!

I was banded 11/21/2011. I LOVE food, I'll admit it. I think the way to look at this is we can still love food, just less of it. I have had to do alot of soul searching to see why I ate when I ate. I found a lot of times I just ate out of bordom, depression, etc. I also love to show off that I as a man, know how to cook better than most women...lol This is a journey, a lifes decsion to be thinner, not just to be smaller, but for health reasons. And no, this isnt easy, not at all. But I "HAD" to make a change. It has been a week and I can already feel a change in my self, I feel happier and seem to have more energy to get up and do things. I try to exclude almost all carbs and starchs which were the basics of my whole diet before the band. Good luck on your journey, and never be afraid to ask for help or advice.

I was banded 10/19/11. I am a food addict as well. I am still struggling with that but it get easier every day! I would love to keep in touch!

I will also note: Anyone that would like to compare notes or just need someone to listen that can relate, just add me... I'm usually on everyday. :)

( Remember to SMILE teeth_smile.gif , it makes people wonder what the heck you are up to...lol )

I am a newbie to this site and I am scheduled to be banded on 11/30/11. I have read several post of success and frustration, so kind of nervous now and don't know what to expect. I am going in at a starting weight of 285lbs, 57 yrs old and need too lose over a 100lbs. my question is this possible and how long does it take.

Next question about the Protein drinks, what is the best way to prepare them? I was thinking the same way I prepare my slimfast w/ skim milk and ice in my blender, any suggestions.

I was banded on 11/11/11 at 11:00am. Really weird.

Im from Australia, 23 years old, starting weight was 302lbs, current weight is 282lbs and my goal weight is 154lbs. If I lose more that would be great but I am trying to be realistic.

Im getting my band tightened on Dec 19th. Just before Christmas.

Im so excited to be changing my life, its going to be amazing. I think it is a great idea to keep in contact with people who started the same time as you.

Hi I am going to be banded on 12/12/11. I'm doing the liver cleanse now. Just trying to learn everything I can about the surgery, recipes, Protein Shakes and any advice I can get. I am anxious and nervous about it. I just watched a lap band surgery online. I have read lots of messages from other banded members. I am 61 years old and weighed 285 six months ago, my highest adult weight. I weigh 268 now. My goal is 160 since I am 5'8" tall. My insurance company has approved the surgery. I have severe sleep apnea and use a c-pap machine for the past 4 months. I haven't slept good for years because of the gasping and snoring. My husband gets a good night's sleep nowadays too.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear about them. I also would like to keep in touch.

Good Luck on your journey.

D

For the 1st month I read that Isopure Zero Carb Protein Shake is the best to have due to its high amount of Protein per shake. As far as preparing it I bought a shaker glass and just mix with Water at the beginning. You can always try different things to mix it with just remember it likes to clump up in heat (found out the hard way in broth..lol ) Just remember the Lap Band doesn't do all the work for you, it is WORK. But pretty easy. Good Luck to all.

Hi, I'm Ann I'll be banded 11/30! I'n also excited but very nervous. I would love to keep in touch. This is all so new for me but have done 2 weeks of the Protein Shakes and am getting pretty sick of them!!! See ya around and continued success!