Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is This Normal? Stuck After 5 Months With Lap Band

It's been 5 months and I've lost 33 lbs! I'm thrilled. But now I'm stuck. And I don't mean my food. I can't seem to lose any more, I'm much hungrier, and have the capacity to eat more food. I've only had one fill so far and am having another on Dec. 8th. I'm hoping I start to lose again. Last week I actually gained two pounds back. Frustrated! :-(

5 months for me too!! I was the same weight for a month, then got a fill and lost some weight. It was definitely pleasing not to have gained, but disappointing at the same time not to have lost. I got the fill and in a week I had lost 5-6 lbs. I am one week two of the fill and hoping to lose 2 or 3 more pounds. Please join me on myfitnesspal, I see you have an account as well. My user name amjcmral. Hungry is another issue. I eat when I am thirsty, a terrible habit that Istruggle with everyday, and most days don't overcome. But what I did, is put a sticky note on my fridge that says " you are not hungry, drink water". Just a silly idea. Good luck talk to you soon, And cheers to both of our success!

Thank you! That was so good to hear! It's funny because I 'passed' on my last fill because I was consistently losing 2lbs a week. Now I'm sorry! Then when I plateau, I get frustrated, then I eat...because the demons are still in my head of course. Anyway, I really appreciate you responding. Let's stay in touch. That's another thing I've stopped doing is my FitnessPal. I'm getting back to it, and I'll look for you.

Jenteeth_smile.gif

Tracking your food is a great idea. Also, if your not already, start excersising. There are so many benefits, just one being weight loss. There is something about excersise that helps with food choices. I started out very slowly, walking on a treadmill for 20 minutes. I gradually increased my duration/intensity. I walk on an incline pretty briskly for 45 minutes. It's so tough to get started, at least it was for me, but it's become a matter of routine. You can do it!

Actually you have done everything right and weren't ready for a fill but now you are. You don't need a fill when you are losing consistanly, all a fill would do at that point is make you too tight which in turn could hinder your weight loss amoung other things. Get that fill and you will be back on course.

Thank you all for 'weighing in'. I feel better already! Can't wait for my fill!

I'm 6 months post op and stuck as well. I've been the same weight for like a month. I am not much of a exerciser but I do try to do something at least light weights and some cardio 2xs a week if not at the gym at home. I am been very tried a lot lately. No energy at all.

Jenny, i am right there with you. October I lost 10 pounds, declined my fill on oct 31, and now I need it. Nov has been difficult. I think I've lost 3 pounds, it keeps going up one, down 2, up 2, down 4. I can eat waaaaaay too much. I will be getting my first fil dec 5th. We CAN do this!

J

Wow thanks for sharing. It's been 5 months for me too on Nov. 22nd and I had a second fill on Oct. 18th but didn't loose anything in the 6 weeks. I've been discouraged but I keep pushing and plugging along. I go for my 3rd fill tomorrow. I don't know what my happy medium is but I know I want to keep loosing weight and hope my body will respond. But I'm so glad you shared your story because I don't feel alone in this. Thank you teeth_smile.gif