Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chest Pain After 1 Week With Lap Band .... Gas?

I am 1 week post op and was expecting some pains in my shoulder and to burp like they told me well I have had neither issues instead I will have overwhelming pains in my chest like pressure or someone is stepping on me! is this normal? it does happen when I am drinking things but also when I am just walking driving or sitting arround almost feels like a wave of pressure is crashing over my chest and never last more than a few sec's

I had my surgery on the 16th of Nov and i am going through the same pain. it hurts sooooo bad. Its to the point that it was affecting my breathing also. Ive been taking chewable gas-x and drinking hot liquids n Soups n walking n it helps but not nearly enough. THis is normal. I also have been using a blender to mix my Protein Shakes n i have to stop using the blender bc it was causing bubbles which makes for a gassy person so i had to get this hand mixed that has a wisk type ball in it n just manually shake it. Things we took for graunted we really need to take a step back and see if it could be causing gas. Good luck!!!

Very normal... I still have some slight pains left over from the gas...try walking around more often, moving arms in a windmill fashion.. found what helped the most for me, why I dont know, was hot tea and I added a Bay Leaf to the tea. ... BTW Gas x typically will not work... The gas was not injected into your organs, but around them to expand your abdominal cavity. The Gas X is designed to help remove the gas from inside the Intestine and Colon. I

When I read about this sort of pain, it seems like the majority of the time it is because the surgeon put Fluid in the band at the time of surgery and it is just too much.

Maybe call your surgeon and ask?

Right after surgery there is some gas and sometimes it does cause pain. This pain also shows up when you eat or drink too much or too fast. I would recommend to slow down and make sure you are chewing your food enough. The next thing you have to learn is how much you can eat or drink before you get to that point and stop. If you eat any more after this point it will cause major chest pain and there are only two ways to ease it. 1 you can wait for the food to pass 2 if it gets too bad it will cause you to vomit. Remember to not drink for 30 minutes before, during or, 1 hour after your meal. I will suggest you have some Papaya Enzyme on hand to help with digestion when your having trouble.