Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have no fill at all but still feels like i have fills. Cannot eat breat Pasta or potatoes.

If you had a slipped band you'd have reflux and real pain. just to be safe, contact your surgeon's office ASAP.<br />If it really is a slipped band you need to have it corrected immediately. It really sounds like a swollen stoma (the bottom band opening)<br />and if that's the case, you need a day or two of liquids to allow it to heal. You shouldn't be eating that stuff anyway. This whole thing is about losing weight and starches

certainly won't help.

Have no fill at all but still feels like i have fills. Cannot eat breat Pasta or potatoes.

No offense but Pasta and potaotes? Are you serious? Please do not blame the band if you do not loose weight. I would not trust any Dr. who said these carb foods were okay. Post op is low to no carb, hight Protein. It is time to be pro active and learn how to use your new tool. If you eat the things that made you fat in the first place you will not loose weight.

It's generally not Pasta and potatoes that make people put on weight. It is the sauces that they cover them with and the huge quantities they eat. If you live outside of the USA then is both normal and acceptable to still eat potatoes and Pasta post band and most of us that do so still lose weight. Potatoes are very nutritious and a good source of potassium which is important - low potassium levels can cause all sorts of issues.

Cutting out carbs works for some people but it is not the only way to eat post band and a lot of people forget that.

If I think about what made me fat I think it was chocolate, cake and Cookies..........

I don't think you have a slipped band. It is very typical not to be able to tolerate Pasta and potatoes. I swear by a low carb diet so if I were you I wouldn't eat them. If you don't want to go low carb. you may consider an unfill so you can tolerate the foods you want to eat.

Are you able to tolerate liquids? If so, then stick with those until Monday. A slipped band is painful and nothing, including Water stays down.

No offense but Pasta and potaotes? Are you serious? Please do not blame the band if you do not loose weight. I would not trust any Dr. who said these carb foods were okay. Post op is low to no carb, hight Protein. It is time to be pro active and learn how to use your new tool. If you eat the things that made you fat in the first place you will not loose weight.

If you can tolerate them, these foods are fine. The band isn't about another fad diet. It's about learning to eat less and in moderation. All that to say if your band won't allow those things you will have to cut them out. bread and pasta didn't make me fat. Eating 12 servings per meal did,

I don't think you have a slipped band. It is very typical not to be able to tolerate Pasta and potatoes. I swear by a low carb diet so if I were you I wouldn't eat them. If you don't want to go low carb. you may consider an unfill so you can tolerate the foods you want to eat.

I hope I don't sound snarky, because I'm not I just really want to know. Why did you get the band if you are just following a low carb diet? If you could do it now, why couldn't you without a band. Is it that the band helps you eat less of the low carb foods and that doubled with low carbs helps you lose?

I hope I don't sound snarky, because I'm not I just really want to know. Why did you get the band if you are just following a low carb diet? If you could do it now, why couldn't you without a band. Is it that the band helps you eat less of the low carb foods and that doubled with low carbs helps you lose?

I agree with you 100%. The band is not about another fad diet. I have been banded 3 years and NO FILLS. I cannot tolerate bread, cakes, brownies and potatoes unless they are mashed really well. I do try to stay with mostly Protein and have a Protein shake almost every night with a banana, strawberries and whey Protein. I have been pretty much at goal, but gained 5-7 pds from last christmas and cannot get it off. I eat where I am very comfortable and do not feel deprived. This is where I want to be minus the 5-7 pd thing but am happy with no meds and compliments from people that know how hard it was for me to get here. You need to do what you are comfortable with and can live with. Not another diet, this is suppose to be a life change and it has saved my life. Good luck and keep positive, some information is good for your journey and others do not fit into your lifestyle. You will know from experience which is good and which cannot be used in your journey.

It's actually good for you to have a little carb. with your Protein.< /p>

It's like a kicker for the Protein. It really kicks it in Gear, and you

can sometimes feel the difference..

Technically mashed potato's are part of the mushie stage, doctors also recommend plain baked potato's (no skin) between mushies and solids stage.

I eat potatoes all the time, but I put fat free sour cream ......2 tbs. is 20 calories.......great comfort food! I also, (when I feel snacky) take a boulion cube, put it in a coffee cup, heat, pour a little instant mashed potatoe, tobasco, and a dollop of ff sour cream.....yum! I have usually 2 and it takes that edge off just fine.

I eat potatoes all the time....i don't really use sour cream on them, instead i use Greek yogurt because it tastes pretty much the same plus has lots of Protein in it....but to stay away from carbs 100% is just not feasible.

edited to add..there is nothing wrong with using sour cream...i still use it, especially on nachos, which i eat from time to time....talk about carbs! but tasty!

hope the OP has contacted their doctor and/or the pain is gone and they can get back to eating normally. :D