Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the millionth time people

If you are having chest pain, leg pain, any kind of pain that is not normal to you, hot ports, feeling bad, having issues keeping food down, throwing up constantly, having acid reflux, anything that is not normal CALL YOUR DOCTORS. This is not the place for medical adivice or what could or could not be wrong with you. Just because someone might have the similar thing happen to them it may or may not be what is happening to youi. YOUR DOCTORS GET PAID TO BE ON CALL 24 HOURS SEVEN DAYS A WEEK TO TAKE THESE KIND OF CALLS. Call them, bug them, ask them what is wrong. It is no ones place here to give medical advice EVER.....

It's not like we all have that kind of money to pay the Dr.s for every little ache or pain.

If you are having chest pain, leg pain, any kind of pain that is not normal to you, hot ports, feeling bad, having issues keeping food down, throwing up constantly, having acid reflux, anything that is not normal CALL YOUR DOCTORS. This is not the place for medical advice or what could or could not be wrong with you. Just because someone might have the similar thing happen to them it may or may not be what is happening to you. YOUR DOCTORS GET PAID TO BE ON CALL 24 HOURS SEVEN DAYS A WEEK TO TAKE THESE KIND OF CALLS. Call them, bug them, ask them what is wrong. It is no ones place here to give medical advice EVER.....

I completely understand what you are trying to say, but there are a lot of folks on

here that can't afford to go to a doctor for aches and pains that might resolve

themselves with a little time. Our advice (modified by conditionals) might help

to ease people's minds especially when they are new and every ache scares

them. I honestly haven't read any medical advice here that could be interpreted

as such. Most advice given includes "See your doctor if it worries you" or so.

I would hate to see our posters stop trying to help others because they're afraid of

being criticized for helping someone with Constipation or lack of weight loss.

I completely understand what you are trying to say, but there are a lot of folks on

here that can't afford to go to a doctor for aches and pains that might resolve

themselves with a little time. Our advice (modified by conditionals) might help

to ease people's minds especially when they are new and every ache scares

them. I honestly haven't read any medical advice here that could be interpreted

as such. Most advice given includes "See your doctor if it worries you" or so.

I would hate to see our posters stop trying to help others because they're afraid of

being criticized for helping someone with Constipation or lack of weight loss.

I see both sides of the issue. When you are immediately post op, it is critical that you call your MD. They try to educate you pre op as to how to proceed.

None of us are medicallly qualified with the exception of RN and MD. You can open up liability suits really quick should you give erroneous advice. I have

noticed that most rn's are very supportive but their bottom line is CALL YOUR DOCTOR. Unfortunately, the days or free advice lines are over. But I think

that they really provided a service to the community and it is unfortunate that they have been eliminated from most hospitals. If people want to share infor-

mation if should be worded carefully from their own experience.and not general knowledge available on the internet.

Sanction, I do not know if this is your personal view, or have the powers that be clamped down on this? Thanks,

Melinda

Its not about having the money to go to a doctor if you have a surgeon then he is your doctor. In my opinion people want medical advise that should not be given via the internet. I am not being a smart ass but come one people common sense tells you if you have pain of any kind that is not normal call your doctor. Or if your throwing up constantly or cant keep food down these are not questions that should be presented in a forum. I am not talking about the average how long will my port hurt kind of crap I am talking about I have chest pain what should I do.

Most people are not stupid enough to think the information that is shared here replaces what a Doctor says. You can read on here all the time that people went to the ER and their experiences we can learn from that. There are people on here who are scared to go to the Doctor or some who are ashamed because they have gain some weight. Whats wrong with people talking about it. Encouraging them? Why does it bother you so much? Almost everyone one adds but do what your Doctor says somewhere in the thread. It is a discussion not a medical class 99.9% of the people know that.

Cheri

I don't think people here ever give medical advice, but it is a place for people to share their personal experiences.

Read enough posts and you begin to see common issues.

Somebody asks a question, no matter what the issue, if I have experienced it I will tell of MY experiences. Not based upon what others have said, or what you-tube I have seen, etc.

It is also a good support group. The first week post-op for me I just wanted to hear from other people who have gone, and going through the same thing.

Also, I am not one of those who freak out and call my Dr. for every little pain, twinge, or whatever.

Just because I paid my surgeon to do my surgery and pay him to do my fills does not mean he should be on call 24/7 to take my calls about acid reflux. We all know we are not talking to surgeons on this site.

Never mind shallow minds I took out what I originally posted but for an FYI Cheri the badger it doesnt bother me but I can post what I want even if you do not like it. DONT READ IT.

Never mind shallow minds I took out what I originally posted but for an FYI Cheri the badger it doesnt bother me but I can post what I want even if you do not like it. DONT READ IT.

I read what you posted and it was not nice at all ..... glad you got rid of it . This one isn't much better "shallow minds" and "badger" tisk tisk .

and YOU claimed to be a medical professional in another thread .....

I got banded May 2011, and this forum is great for me. Somethings I experienced I learned what they are from this forum. PB, sliming, food getting stuck, eating to fast etc. From the pain I was experiencing I need to slow down on my eating and chew more. From my experience my Dr. really don't know what I'm experience cause he never been banded, but the ppl on this forum have. However, I do agree with you if we are experience unusual pain please contact your Dr.

I got banded May 2011, and this forum is great for me. Somethings I experienced I learned what they are from this forum. PB, sliming, food getting stuck, eating to fast etc. From the pain I was experiencing I need to slow down on my eating and chew more. From my experience my Dr. really don't know what I'm experience cause he never been banded, but the ppl on this forum have. However, I do agree with you if we are experience unusual pain please contact your Dr.

You should have seen my Dr.'s face when I told him I got slimed. He is the surgeon who does these procedures, and of course he is well aware of the physiology of the phenomena, but he was quite amused to hear the expression "Slimed"

We had a good laugh, he said he needed to write that one down and share with his colleagues.

Yes, you can post what you want here and by posting it, people will read it and comment on it. That is the way of message boarding. It is incumbent upon posters to acclimate themselves with a message board and the tone of the board and what is the general acceptable way of posting upon it. If you choose to post outside the norm of the board, then you have to expect replies that are not favorable to you.

This board is about support and information and has a general tone of everyone being nice to others. It is not a place that accepts slams, flames, or trolling very well. There are plenty of places on the internet that does accept those and you can easily find them with a little bit of searching. When you choose to insert yourself into a community that is very nice and supportive with slams, flames and negativity, you can expect those who make up the community to respond.

Perhaps this community is not a good fit for you. I can think of another WLS forum that is much more into bashing than this one. It is very easy to find.

I do not think that anyone here is offering medical advice. Most posts in response to a serious problem gives personal experience and contains the words "contact your doctor" in some way, shape or form.

I see in your profile that you have not yet had lapband surgery. I wish you good luck in your journey and hope that if and when you do have lapband surgery you will find support for questions you may have like others here.

I am by no means a medical professional or a lapband expert. I have been banded only 11 months and have taken quite a bit of advice from this site. I don't think anyone that has replied to your thread has been rude or mean about it, they too are just posting their opinion as you have done, and you are completely correct that everyone is entitled to one. I was having a problem with throwing up, and was reminded on here that you need to chew, chew, chew. This simple advice fixed my problem, no need for a $35 phone consult with my surgeon. Also most of us had to go through a deep and detailed psychological consultation to be approved for surgery. During my consultation I was given advice on how to deal with post op issues that may come up, and how to handle them. If a person did not have enough common sense to handle the surgery, I don't think they would be approved in the first place, at least I would hope not. I am in no means trying to attack you or make you feel bad, so I hope you do not take this reply as such. I just want to voice my opinion as well. I completely agree with you that if you are having abnormal issues you should address them with your surgeon or doctor, but sometimes advice given on here is quicker and just as efficient. I personally always address even the smallest of issues I have had, with my surgeon, even if I have already resolved them. I bring them up with him during my monthly post ops so he knows everything I am going through. I wish you nothing but luck with your journey and hope the best for you.

Its not about having the money to go to a doctor if you have a surgeon then he is your doctor. In my opinion people want medical advise that should not be given via the internet. I am not being a smart ass but come one people common sense tells you if you have pain of any kind that is not normal call your doctor. Or if your throwing up constantly or cant keep food down these are not questions that should be presented in a forum. I am not talking about the average how long will my port hurt kind of crap I am talking about I have chest pain what should I do.