Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

15 cc Band "Green Zone" A little worried

Hello...

I had my band placed in early August at 300#. Since the surgery date mostly post op diet I have gone down to 264. Had my first fill two weeks ago. 3cc in a 15cc band. Absolutely no change in fact I am more hungry now then before. I have discussed this with my Dr and all he seems to say is relax that it will happen. Today I found myself so hungry and disgusted that I may be a failure because I stepped on the scale which I don't do often and gained a few pounds up to 272. I read everyone stating it takes a few fills but you all know it is better to hear it for yourself on your own post as well as some encouraging words to get you through the day. I run and lift weights everyday which is great compared to the way I was before surgery. I am just looking for a little boost from someone that has gone through this with the 15cc band. My next fill is the 3rd week in November.

Hello...

I had my band placed in early August at 300#. Since the surgery date mostly post op diet I have gone down to 264. Had my first fill two weeks ago. 3cc in a 15cc band. Absolutely no change in fact I am more hungry now then before. I have discussed this with my Dr and all he seems to say is relax that it will happen. Today I found myself so hungry and disgusted that I may be a failure because I stepped on the scale which I don't do often and gained a few pounds up to 272. I read everyone stating it takes a few fills but you all know it is better to hear it for yourself on your own post as well as some encouraging words to get you through the day. I run and lift weights everyday which is great compared to the way I was before surgery. I am just looking for a little boost from someone that has gone through this with the 15cc band. My next fill is the 3rd week in November.

Oh I remember this feeling..Let me see I am going to be the only person ever to have the band fail me..Is this a joke? did they really place the band? Let me tell you it will happen. It took me 8 fills and 8.5 cc in 10 months to get it right. I am finally at the point I know it is there and it is working for me. I am sure that you will be able to ask anyone on this board and they will say the same thing. Then be sure not to listen to others and how much they have or do not have in their band. We are all individuals. My friend had hers put in 4 months before me and gets stuck on everything at 5cc, me at 8 I was still eating bread. Just have confidence and stay positive. It will work. I went sometimes every 2 weeks until they got it right. Congrats on the exercise, that is a huge part of this journey.

Good Luck,

Michelle

Hello...

Hang in there! I know what you're feeling. I was banded on 8/25 and had my first fill 6 weeks later, don't know how much of a fill I got, forgot to ask but have not felt anything. My next appt isn't until 11/18. I am losing because of exercise and food choices. I was feeling so discouraged myself that I had to put it out here and received some encouraging words from others. Continue to do what you're doing, you're doing an awesome job!! We will be there soon enough. :)

weight.png