Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new in Portland, Oregon!

Hi everyone! I'm Sarah, and I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! I set my tentative surgery date in a couple days, and I'm starting to feel really nervous. I've been on the road to this surgery, doing all the appointments and such, for 6 months. I can't believe it's finally almost here. I've lost about 25 lbs on my own over the last few months, and I'm anxious to have help from the band. I'm a professional at losing weight, it's the keeping it off that I struggle with.

I went through a serious period of clinical depression over the last two years, but I'm feeling much better now after making some big life changes. I'm still really mad about gaining weight back during depression, but I seriously was just in a state of "I don't care" for about 2 yrs. Just a total zombie. I am managing that one day at a time, just like an addict in recovery. It's a hard road, but very powerful.

I'm in graduate school, and am getting divorced - could I seriously add anything else HUGE into my life right now? Oh, how about WLS? hahahaha

I have a positive attitude about it all, I know it's going to be great and I'm ready to put the work in. So far, so good. Every time I see pounds come off the scale I am in disbelief right now. I can't imagine what it will feel like once I get the band. I think I don't really believe it will work for me, and yet here I am getting the surgery. I know, I'm crazy. I'm just trying to live each day to it's fullest, even now while I'm overweight.

I am trying to recapture my low-weight-lifestyle which is very physically active. Yesterday, I was talking with a friend about my future weight loss, and what it might look like, and she said - "so why don't we circumnavigate Mt. Ranier in August?" And I agreed! Now I know I'm crazy. It's a 100 mile, 2 week backpacking trip. I'm pretty sure that if I can keep up with my weight loss and exercise, I'll be ready by then. The training for that includes a lot of spring and summer hiking and backpacking, in addition to running and strength training. My other goals are half marathon in Sept 2012, climb Monkey Face at Smith Rock in Oct 2012 and another triathlon. I finished my first tri in 2009 and I'm going to do it again, only stronger and faster this time!

I'm curious to know what kinds of goals people are making besides weight loss? And if anyone is on sparkpeople.com come and find me, I'm thecoolestsarah there too!

Hi everyone! I'm Sarah, and I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! I set my tentative surgery date in a couple days, and I'm starting to feel really nervous. I've been on the road to this surgery, doing all the appointments and such, for 6 months. I can't believe it's finally almost here. I've lost about 25 lbs on my own over the last few months, and I'm anxious to have help from the band. I'm a professional at losing weight, it's the keeping it off that I struggle with.

I went through a serious period of clinical depression over the last two years, but I'm feeling much better now after making some big life changes. I'm still really mad about gaining weight back during depression, but I seriously was just in a state of "I don't care" for about 2 yrs. Just a total zombie. I am managing that one day at a time, just like an addict in recovery. It's a hard road, but very powerful.

I'm in graduate school, and am getting divorced - could I seriously add anything else HUGE into my life right now? Oh, how about WLS? hahahaha

I have a positive attitude about it all, I know it's going to be great and I'm ready to put the work in. So far, so good. Every time I see pounds come off the scale I am in disbelief right now. I can't imagine what it will feel like once I get the band. I think I don't really believe it will work for me, and yet here I am getting the surgery. I know, I'm crazy. I'm just trying to live each day to it's fullest, even now while I'm overweight.

I am trying to recapture my low-weight-lifestyle which is very physically active. Yesterday, I was talking with a friend about my future weight loss, and what it might look like, and she said - "so why don't we circumnavigate Mt. Ranier in August?" And I agreed! Now I know I'm crazy. It's a 100 mile, 2 week backpacking trip. I'm pretty sure that if I can keep up with my weight loss and exercise, I'll be ready by then. The training for that includes a lot of spring and summer hiking and backpacking, in addition to running and strength training. My other goals are half marathon in Sept 2012, climb Monkey Face at Smith Rock in Oct 2012 and another triathlon. I finished my first tri in 2009 and I'm going to do it again, only stronger and faster this time!

I'm curious to know what kinds of goals people are making besides weight loss? And if anyone is on sparkpeople.com come and find me, I'm thecoolestsarah there too!

Hi, welcome to our forum. I am Melinda and I live down the road in Eugene. I am hopeful that I will have surgery in Dec. I am losing weight very slowly, partially due to medication that I am on. I have been unable to exercise for the last six weeks due to two herniated iscs with nerve impingement. I had two ESI's on Friday and hopefully that will do the trick. One of my goals of getting my weight off is simply take the weight off of my joints and my lumbar spine and maybe I would not have as much pain.

There is more i could expound on but my eyes are seeing double. I just mainly wanted to welcome you and wish you all the best in your surgery and journey to good health. I hope you have a strong, local support system, too. Please drop in often and keep us abreast of your progress.

Melinda

Sarah,

Welcome. I am a newbie on this site (five days post-op as of today). Your goals are impressive, and I look forward to hearing your progress.

Stacie (from St. Louis)

Any one in the Sandy, Gresham, Mt Hood area? Looking for a support group.

Thanks

nancyj