Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a carb addict. First day of 2 week pre op diet and a stressful day at work makes me want one thing...salty potato chips. I'm fighting it. This is more than a test of will power. This is a test of my fortitude. SOOOO glad I found this site. What a way to vent.

Hope all you other October bandsters are hanging in there. We have SO much to look forward to.

I'm a carb addict. First day of 2 week pre op diet and a stressful day at work makes me want one thing...salty potato chips. I'm fighting it. This is more than a test of will power. This is a test of my fortitude. SOOOO glad I found this site. What a way to vent.

Hope all you other October bandsters are hanging in there. We have SO much to look forward to.

Hang in there and keep fighting it. I just finished my pre-op consult this week and understand. I found myself enroute to the snack machine at work as if driven by some unforeseen force. I turned around and went back to my office. I find a motivator works good for me. I don't care to repeat the liver shrinking diet and get any more blood work. I found an extra notch on my belt yesterday (bonus) in the smaller direction. I agree on this site as well.

And while you (and I) are on the subject of a little venting...

I work at a mill and we have been working hard to improve our safety record this year. We have and for our efforts we are being treated to a grilled hamburger lunch. I am enjoying a Protein bar and shake and smelling the grill for two days. Not to worry, I have put my best company face forward to cheer us on and support our positive safety results. Actually, this hasn't been too bad, the snack machine calling my name last week was the big challenge.

I started today too and of course, my cubie gets a delivery of scrumptious looking chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels...sigh :huh:

Subs, you're right. We will just fight and WIN!!!

Lolli, hang in there. We can do this!!!;)

Oh yeah, those office Snacks are killer. I emptied my little fridge and filled it with yogurt and 100 cal. muscle milk boxes. After 10 days I am almost used to the taste (almost). The dietician asked me if I enjoyed her recommendation for Pure Protein bars since I had done so well on my pre-op diet. I told her thanks but no. They taste like a chocolate covered wax turd. I think I hurt her feelings. I was sold on feeling full much sooner and eating less. The healthy diet change is good, but I am looking forward to completing the liquid and squishy food part of the process (not too soon, don't want to rush things) and get back to real food.< /p>

These Protein Bars are a rung on the ladder (a very low rung at that). My wife bought me a Protein shake mix (I have it at home) that isn't too bad. It will be a part of the full liquid diet afterwards.

Anyway, they have finished the burger grilling and moved on. I can't smell the grill anymore, thank goodness.

I start my 7 day preop diet of only Clear liquids next Wednesday. I was looking forward to having all my favorite things this week. But instead I'm sick and have no appetite! So now I'm just using it as a motivator to say that I can make it through next week! And I tell myself everyday how much I love sugar free Jello and being able to freely eat it for 7 days will be a great blessing, lol.

I also clued my coworkers around me to what was going to happen next week, and they said they would do the diet with me as support! I work with a great bunch of people, but I assured them they didn't need to be starving themselves for a week. Just to keep an eye on me, and don't let me head towards the kitchen!

Kelly, sounds like you have a great bunch of co workers. I am choosing not to tell anyone but a handful of people and co workers aren't on that list. I had a lot of 'last supper's' last week too. For some reason, none of them were as good as I remembered. LOL

Good luck to you!!!

I start my 7 day preop diet of only Clear Liquids next Wednesday. I was looking forward to having all my favorite things this week. But instead I'm sick and have no appetite! So now I'm just using it as a motivator to say that I can make it through next week! And I tell myself everyday how much I love sugar free Jello and being able to freely eat it for 7 days will be a great blessing, lol.

I also clued my coworkers around me to what was going to happen next week, and they said they would do the diet with me as support! I work with a great bunch of people, but I assured them they didn't need to be starving themselves for a week. Just to keep an eye on me, and don't let me head towards the kitchen!

I started my two week liquid diet on the 11th and really have not been hungry. I have 4 shakes a day plus 8 oz broth and a couple of sugar free Jello. The challenge is it's a dull diet and I crave for something to bite, even a pickle spear would do :). I'll stay on the diet so I'll be ready for surgery on the 25th. One good thing is I've been dropping a pound a day so far.

D

Good for you, D. Sounds like you've got the hang of it. Keep up that good work.

I start my two week liquid diet tomorrow. I hope these two weeks fly by. I'm sure I will be here looking for support.

Just trying offer some moral support, from one pre-bandster to tohers.

Yes, the weeks will fly by! The first 2 days will be EXCRUCIATINGLY slow (at least it was for me cos it was a weekend and I could not think of anywhere to go that did not involve food, LOL) but when your week picks up, the time iwll fly by. Key is staying busy. Do not over-exert yourself cos then you will feel hungrier than usual. Read a book, watch some movies, get some work done. I started on the 1st of Oct and I'm already getting banded tomorrow! Who'dathunkit?? LOL! SO, think positive, stay optimistic, imagine your skinny bee-hind in some hot dresses and clothes. Imagine the looks you will get from your husbands, boyfriends, girfriends, wives, even strangers on the street!! YOU WILL TURN HEADS! Plus there's the whole getting healhtier issue :P Stay on it try to cheat as little as possible, and you will find the motivation!!

Good luck all!

I'm just beginning week 2 of the pre-opt diet and it does get better. Pace yourself. Drink you Protein drinks. I actually like muscle milk. Both RTD and the powder. I mix pumkin pie spice into the latte light powder and it tastes like my favorite Starbucks latte. Well, sorta. My husband freezes a strawberry Protein Drink for me in the afternoon. It takes a while to drink it and is very satisfying. Instead of broth, try heating up a can of V-8 (put it in a bowl first!). Then stir in a tablespoon of salsa. Very satisfying and tasty.

You can do! It is only 2 weeks out of your life. And really by week 2 not only is it easier, but you begin to feel really good. Sorta cleansed and ready for the next phase.

I start my pre op diet today too. Surgery scheduled for the 21st. Dreading the diet!

GREAT post, Godsgrace.

This whole adventure will be a test of your willpower. It gets a little easier, but will

always be a test, but at this time next year it will all have been worth it.