Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok!! Is Anyone 100% Happy W/ The Lap Band?? And Successful

I have been looking at the Sleeve & the Band. it seems more people are happy w/ the sleeve than the band! I fell like the band could help you be more in control!!

PLEASE HELP!!

How many people have you spoken to?

How many people are on the sleeve support group as compared to the lapband support group?

How long have they had their bands/sleeves? Probably not too many people that have had a sleeve for 2 or more years.

I have a band , I am 100% happy and I believe myself to be successful.

Well I don't know if this helps but in May 2011 I weighed 408lbs and as of today 10/13/2011 I weigh 307lbs :rolleyes: so yeah I am a little happy with the results :lol: If you are still pondering about what to get why not do research on the lap band with plication is that not the same thing as the sleeve, almost :P ? but nothing is actually being cut from you

I'm 100 % happy with the band and 100% successful.

Keep in mind that many thousands of banded people who are happy / successful do not post online about it. They are too busy living their new skinny lives. :) People tend to post more if they want input and advise from other bandsters and sometimes they may seem like they have a big problem but it passes or they get it figured out.

9 weeks ago I had the lapband along with plication surgery. As you can see from my ticker, I have been very successful. I am very happy about my decision. I have a good friend who had the sleeve and while he has lost a tremendous amount of weight, he also has been very sick. I can honestly say I have not had one single problem so far (knock on wood). The lapband with plication is kind of a compromise between just the lap band and the sleeve surgery without all the cutting and without the malabsorption issues.

Good luck with your decision and I will say that no matter what you choose to do, following the doctors orders and working at it will be the key to success.

100 % happy, you bet! I would not have gotten this far without it. I am down 114 pounds in 6 months with 30 left to goal. It has slowed down, but as long as I use my tool right it will come off. good luck with whatever you do.

100% happy - 100% successful!

I can't help but echo what others have said! I love my band.

I, too, am soooo happy that I got the band! I've lost 38 lbs. since4 I was banded, Aug. 23, and am losing weight everyday. I feel better than I have in many years! But as I tell everyone, it is not the right decision for everyone. Please spend time researching, talking with your doctor, your family, and go to support groups. I learned so much from the people in the support groups, that there really hasn't been any surprises so far.

How many people have you spoken to?

How many people are on the sleeve support group as compared to the lapband support group?

How long have they had their bands/sleeves? Probably not too many people that have had a sleeve for 2 or more years.

I have a band , I am 100% happy and I believe myself to be successful.

THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU!!! very true about more people post that are looking for help!!!

110% happy with my band and 100% successful.

I know that of the 3 WLS options I know of the lapband is the only that is potentially reversible. I know I would not want to lose weight through malabsorption like with a bypass. I know nothing about the sleeve

That being said.....I could not be happier with my band. We have worked hard together to get me to 100 lb weight loss. It isn't easy, but weight loss isn't simple. Losing weight takes work- I like the band because I can eat practically anything (except rice) and in a moderate portions. I live my life with my band and I am thrilled at who I have become

Honestly, I'm not 100% happy with the band at this point, but I AM 100% happy with my weight loss thus far!

I am BEYOND happy............100% satisfied........Best thing I have ever done for myself