Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Be honest why r u still fat

I hvnt been banded yet but I will like to hear from the folks who think the band failed them. Can u be honest as to why u hvnt lost the weight? Do you cheat? Do you not exercise? I'm not here to judge, just curious bc I would think if everyone really stuck to the meal plan and exercise wouldn't a person band or no band still lose the weight. I see on sleeve site, some bandsters r doing the band to sleeve revision, I personally couldn't imagine cutting 85% of my stomach off, and besides I know that there isn't any surgery that is fail-proof bc it's all a tool and u can still gain the weight back. I'm on this site to learn how I can be the best bandster and what traps to avoid bc I want to be successful like all the 100+ losers

I hvnt been banded yet but I will like to hear from the folks who think the band failed them. Can u be honest as to why u hvnt lost the weight? Do you cheat? Do you not exercise? I'm not here to judge, just curious bc I would think if everyone really stuck to the meal plan and exercise wouldn't a person band or no band still lose the weight. I see on sleeve site, some bandsters r doing the band to sleeve revision, I personally couldn't imagine cutting 85% of my stomach off, and besides I know that there isn't any surgery that is fail-proof bc it's all a tool and u can still gain the weight back. I'm on this site to learn how I can be the best bandster and what traps to avoid bc I want to be successful like all the 100+ losers

The band has not failed me however I do know people that have had the band fail them. The majority of these people had pre existing medical issues that got in the way. I also have seen a few people that were not mentally prepared for such a huge change. One thing I can tell you is DO YOUR RESEARCH. Know exactly what you are getting yourself into before making the decision to get banded. I've seen many that feel that the band is a quick fix or the easy way out. It's NOT. It is just as hard if not harder than actually losing weight naturally. I can not seem to say this enough: THE BAND DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU, YOU WORK FOR THE BAND. To be successful you have to be 180% dedicated to this new lifestyle. Many people gain their weight back due to the fact that they think "ok, I'm at goal so I can (insert favorite bad habit here)" or "well I worked out extra hard this week so I can eat ______" It doesn't work that way. Yes there are going to be times that you will come across a time where you do splurge but do it in moderation and NEVER do it as a reward. Your mind will play tricks on you. This is as much a mental disability as a physical one. Be dedicated because the only person you will end up hurting if you don't is yourself. If you need some motivation visit the site that I write for (link is in my signature) Good luck with everything.

I can honestly say that I do eat right and I have always been a slow loser. I dont have any major health issues. I did have high blood pressure before being banded, but I'm probably gonna be taken off my meds. My meals are on my fitness pal. I'm Jedi9393. Now granted I've been banded a month and a half, but I've already had my first fill. My second fill is tomorrow.

I've lost weight before and I dont have food issues. No emotional eating or what not. I;ve been low carb for 5 years. So I thought this would help my issues with plateauing. Nope. I went to a dr. 3 years ago and they couldnt find any reason why I am such a slow loser.

This time i've been told to eat more calories? Which is shocking since I've been banded so I wont eat so much! I work out 5-6 days a week. I lift weights, cardio, do body shaping and everything. I've lost weight and inches, but mostly after I got banded. Now back to square one.

And why in Gods name should the band make it harder for anyone to lose weight. Good lord if I would hve known that I would have said no! lol.

For the OP I thought the same as you, omg exactly! If I do everything right the weight will fall off. Thats what everyone told me on here and my surgeon tells me 1-2lbs a week. My appt with him is in another 2 weeks and he said that I might have to go for testing, but I know they wont find anything. its just me, genetic I assume. How can you eat less than 1000 calories a day and work out and burn 300 calories and still not lose?? I dunno. No one has given me an answer. I dont even think gastric bypass would work for be either. So yea, I'm a disgruntled Bandster so far.

The truth is, most band cheer leaders dont wanna believe the band doesnt work for some people. They want to blame you or come up for some reason why its not working for you. There are a gaggle of frustrated and angry bandsters who are scared to post cause they dont wanna be slammed and criticised. I'm a big girl and will speak for them cause I aint afraid!

I am a slow looser do to a Hypothyroid. A lot of times this goes undetected, but you can ask your Dr. to check it. It's only a Blood Test.

So with Medication, 800-1200 calories a day, 60-80 G of Protein a day, Exercise in a Gym 3 x a week, and I belong to myfitnesspal.com which is a Tool to help work this tool.

I lose about 1 1/2 lbs a week. 1 to 2lbs. is normal, so it's right in there, as far as my surgeon is considered.

Sometimes I would like to see a little more. But ! It's a loss,,, and as long as it comes of from somewhere,,,, I'll take it

I go in for a Tweaking of a fill for this small 4cc band. So I expect to be on fluids for a few days, then back to a tighter band, so I have to watch myself with eating, and quantity.

So I am trying, and loosing slowley. But Dedication, and Consistency is the key ! Be Patient ! It will come of in time once your Banded.

In my opinion, This Band Works... :party:

I commend you for daring to ask. Even though I went to all of the classes meetings and evaluations, I really dont think I had all the info until after the surgery. I deeply regret not spending time on this site prior to my surgery. I DO NOT REGRET GETTING BANDED. Th e band is a tool, not a magic bullet. We have all tried and failed countless ways to lose weight over our lifetime. I have lost and regained over 500 lbs all tolled. For the first time I have the ability to lose and keep it off. 10/12/11 will be 1 yr for me and I have lost 60 lbs. I work out 3-5 x week. I love Zumba, and total body workout. I often stray from the lifestyle and diet. and get disgusted and discouraged. I spend 30 minutes on this site and get re-motivated to make the right behavioral choices. The band is a mechanical fix to address a physical symptom of what is really an emotional and behavioral disorder. Good luckwink.gif

I can honestly say that I do eat right and I have always been a slow loser. I dont have any major health issues. I did have high blood pressure before being banded, but I'm probably gonna be taken off my meds. My meals are on my fitness pal. I'm Jedi9393. Now granted I've been banded a month and a half, but I've already had my first fill. My second fill is tomorrow.

I've lost weight before and I dont have food issues. No emotional eating or what not. I;ve been low carb for 5 years. So I thought this would help my issues with plateauing. Nope. I went to a dr. 3 years ago and they couldnt find any reason why I am such a slow loser.

This time i've been told to eat more calories? Which is shocking since I've been banded so I wont eat so much! I work out 5-6 days a week. I lift weights, cardio, do body shaping and everything. I've lost weight and inches, but mostly after I got banded. Now back to square one.

And why in Gods name should the band make it harder for anyone to lose weight. Good lord if I would hve known that I would have said no! lol.

For the OP I thought the same as you, omg exactly! If I do everything right the weight will fall off. Thats what everyone told me on here and my surgeon tells me 1-2lbs a week. My appt with him is in another 2 weeks and he said that I might have to go for testing, but I know they wont find anything. its just me, genetic I assume. How can you eat less than 1000 calories a day and work out and burn 300 calories and still not lose?? I dunno. No one has given me an answer. I dont even think gastric bypass would work for be either. So yea, I'm a disgruntled Bandster so far.

The truth is, most band cheer leaders dont wanna believe the band doesnt work for some people. They want to blame you or come up for some reason why its not working for you. There are a gaggle of frustrated and angry bandsters who are scared to post cause they dont wanna be slammed and criticised. I'm a big girl and will speak for them cause I aint afraid!

Doctors will tell you to up your calories because your body may be in starvation mode (when your body stores everything you are taking in instead of allowing you to burn it) It will also jump start the losing process again. I wouldn't call myself a cheerleader. Most times there are underlying factors as to why the band isn't working whether it be a physical or mental issue. Good luck and I hope things turn around for you.

Texasbandit,

I'm so sorry to hear your story. I pray for weightloss for you.

My mind is made up to lose this weight come hell or high Water. I wish we were neighbors so we could walk and talk together.

Again, I am praying for you. Have faith.

J

Texasbandit,

I'm so sorry to hear your story. I pray for weightloss for you.

My mind is made up to lose this weight come hell or high Water. I wish we were neighbors so we could walk and talk together.

Again, I am praying for you. Have faith.

J

thank you so much! I need all the help i can get and it is my surgeon who is tell me less than 1000 calories! no more than 1200!