Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FOOD CHOICES

Can someone please give me a description of what they eat on a daily basis? I am not losing and I need some tips to help get me started!! Thank you!!

I eat-about 3 Gardein's "chikn" nugget things ( they are fake chicken, I'm a vegetarian) with half a can of green Beans.< /p>

How is the fake chicken? I have some patties in my freezer and was wondering.

I eat-about 3 Gardein's "chikn" nugget things ( they are fake chicken, I'm a vegetarian) with half a can of green Beans.

I will eat a chicken thigh and maybe a corn tortilla with cheese.. sometimes fish. I have had steak but find that is like a once a month thing because I want to eat too much.

Personally, and I know not all will agree, but as long as you stay at 800-1000 a day, you will lose. So you can eat/drink anything that your band will tolerate. Dense food (steak etc) and carbs (noodles, rice, bread) are very hard for me to eat. Try to get 60-80 grams of Protein a day, 60-80 ounces of Water and 1000 calories or less and 3 hours of exercise a week and it will really start to come off (300 calories or less per meal is my goal, usually less in the AM when I am tighter).

In the morning I try to get my Protein in so I drink a chocolate premier Protein shake (buy at costco, only one I can tolerate) with coffee (160 calories, 30g of protein). Then for lunch, I will have a bown of Soup, lunch meat, chicken (200-300 calories -- in the begining I ONLY ate stuff I could tell how many calories I was getting, look at labels or menus with calories counts), then for dinner a piece of meat and some veggies (300 calories plus 30+ grams of protein). For Snacks look for protein bars/shakes (or maybe a few nuts but be careful not to eat too many).. but try not to snack at all if you can help it. Drink your Water all day to keep you feeling full.

good luck. I hope this helps.

I eat three small meals plus a couple of Snacks. Breakfast is two weetbix with boiled Water (I can't tolerate milk in the morning), lunch is usually tuna and salad, dinner is typically chicken, fish or turkey plus vegetables. I also have a Protein Shake each day and try to eat at least one piece of fruit but that is something I have never been good at! I drink at least 8 glasses of water, two cups of coffee but definitely no fizzy drinks at all.

My typical day.(target is below 1400 cals)

Breakfast:

Greek non-fat yogurt with granola

or

Hard-boiled egg and weight control oatmeal

lunch

Bumble Bee tuna Sensations (3oz)

Peppridge Farm Deli Flat

Tribe Hummus Snacker pack (2 tbsp)

or

Fat-free cottage cheese (1/4 cup)

Afternoon snack (some days)

Hummus snacker pack

or

Sargento low-fat swiss cheese stick

Dinner:

Baked chicken or Fish (3oz)

1/2 cup veggies

very small amount of starch

I find that this usually satisfies my recommended Protein intake for the day

Typical day for me:

Breakfast: Albertston's Low Sugar oatmeal or 1 cup Honey Nut Cheerios & 3/4 FF Milk. (Weekends would be 3 pieces of turkey bacon and 2 scrambled eggs).

Lunch: salad or Grilled chicken and salad

Dinner: 4oz grilled or baked chicken breast or 6 oz. of talipia, flounder or cod, or 10 boiled shrimp (31/40)

with a salad or french cut green Beans.

I try to only snack one time a day but on the weekends it usually seems to happen twice. When I do it has been

16 Wheat Thins & 2 Wedges of Laughing Cow cheese

Popcicle Fudgecicle.

My typical daily meal:

Breakfast: Yogurt Parfait with Granola

Lunch: Trader Joe's Packaged Salads. Today I had the Super Spinach salad that had Spinach, Quinoa, Carrots, Cranberries, Chickpeas, Edamame, pumpkin Seads and a Carrot Ginger Dressing (SOOO GOOD)

Dinner: Grilled Cajun Salmon and Aspargus

Snacks: Jamba juice smoothie. 16 oz berry Fulfilling with Energy, whey Protein and Extra banana. I also love the Think Thin Protein Bars. So good.

I also take in about 100 ounces of Water a day.

I usually have a smoothie for breakfast (almond/oat/fruit/yoghurt/milk).

lunch is often a sandwich, sushi or leftover dinner.

dinner is usally a chicken and vegetable curry and rice or something like that.

Snacks are usually fruit but sometimes a cookie.

Also I have a couple of skim lattes during the day.