Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is set for December 23rd!!! I am excited to start, but nervous.

Im being banded Dec 13th

Hello there, looks like we are bandtwins! Dec. 13th is my day as well, I start my pre-op diet on the 29th, 2 weeks before surgery.. what about you?

Hi December Bandsters, I am scheduled for surgery on December 1st and have been doing the 6 month pre-diet required by my Cigna Insurance Company and now that I am approved I am so nervous.

I will be so glad when the surgery is over. I haven't told many people either because of the instant negative feedback. My husband and immediate family are very supportive. I can't wait to start my

new life. I've been fat since the first grade. Thank you all for your positive comments.

Hi everyone! I'm also on December 1st! I've started the liquid diet and the first day was very tough...but day 2 is so much better. I don't know if it is just nerves upsetting my stomach or has something to do with all the liquids, but I'm going through something of a colon cleanse today. Kinda weird, but oddly refreshing now that all that stuff is out of my body. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lisa B.

Hi - Happy Holidays to me! on Dec 23 I am getting a lap band for Christmas! It's getting close. I am excited and a little nervous.

Welcome everyone, so glad to hear of all the upcoming Christmas Banding. Mine is the 21st and I am counting down the days only 25 days till my life changes. It is weird because I am ready for the food changes and life style changes I have to make, I'm very comitted but I am really scared to be put under anethesia. I keep having nightmares that I don't wake up. My docter said I am low risk because my BMI is only 36 and I am pretty healthy, but I have diabetes and a heart arithmia which is sometimes affected by anesthesia. I Know pre jitters are normal but I really just want to get it done. My mother-in-law wants us to take a trip to her house for christmas day but I wonder if I will be up to it 4 days after surgery? I will have to check with my Doc. Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone! After a year and a half wait I FINALLY have a surgery date! December 15 is the day my new life begins!! I'm so excited! Wishing all the December bandsters a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!!

Ok, Chirstmas Week Banders. My surgery is Dec 19th, but I still will be having company for Christmas and making a Christmas dinner. Anyone have any suggestions on how to incorporate some yummy Clear Liquids so, I can enjoy dinner as well? Just trying to preplan.

Thanks

Hi everyone! After a year and a half wait I FINALLY have a surgery date! December 15 is the day my new life begins!! I'm so excited! Wishing all the December bandsters a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!!

Hi, we have the same date, yeahhhhh

My surgery date is 12/6/11 the day after my husband's birthday. We celebrated it early since he understood I was a little restricted on the date due to work. My Pre-surgery diet has gone well, day 5 and I am down 14 pounds (think I peed it out).

Thanksgiving was not as bad as I thought it would be, I was already on the pre-surgery diet for 2 days by then. I nibbled but nothing more. Didn’t really want anything.

Good luck everyone!

Lytha

have you guys read all the negative posts lately. anyone second guessing this. i spoke to my gastro doctor about all the negative posts lately and he said that if i stay away from creamed Soups, ice cream shakes and high calorie liquid food that will just pass through the band, i will be fine. lately i was thinking about not coming on the forum anymore because so many posts are about the negative and people saying they are planning to take out the band, but i only try to read the positive posts. anyone noticed all the negatives and is it affecting you?huh.gif

I had to leave Obesityhelp.com because it was making me a wreck. The same people over and over and over again would spew the same negative rhetoric to the point I was becoming a nervous mess. I get it, you had a crap experience and you want to talk it up but honestly, not everyone has had a crap experience and would like to give their side. The positives all got lost in the sea of negativity. I am glad to be here. It is a much better group of people and the negatives seem to be a lot less. I hope you are finding more positives than negatives. We are intelligent people who have done our research and we don't need to be preached at ad nauseum about the negative experiences. You will be fine. Trust your research and your surgeon.

DEC 8th is my big day Its seriously right around the corner.. i am excited but i feel like i still havent prepared myself to know everything.... is this normal...

Woo-hoo!! My surgery is just around the corner!! This time next Monday I will begin my pre-op diet and then 2 weeks later I will begin a new life!! I am so excited!! December 19th is my new Lifedate! Who is as excited as me??

Hoping to keep my 12-20-11 surgery date but will know more on wednesday when I go to see the new surgeon I have had to go find because the surgeon I was scheduled with has decided to move to Phoenix and cancelled all his scheduled patients Iam glad I called them about my pre op appointment otherwise I have a feeling they would not have told me until it was to late that I had been cancelled I can not help thinking this has been for the best as I was always a bit uncomfortable with the surgeons office even after nearly a year of going there and calling them for one thing an another they have no clue who Iam and refer to me by my birthdate I have learned to just give them my birthdate the minute they answer the call because without they know nothing about me I also learned to never say sure you can call me back because they never did and I rarely get the same person twice when calling they seem to work weird hours during the week But anyway Wednesday is a new day and Iam hoping it will be a new experience for me and a much better one as well as I really want to do this but I also really want it to be with somebody who will be there tp help and answer my questions afterwards. So wish me luck here goes everything :-)

Hello fellow december banders!!

I am being banded on friday 12/2!!001_rolleyes.gif I am so excited to have this tool to help me to a healthier life ahead. The day I got my approval, a friend was with me who also has a band, she said your life is about to change. I so look forward to this change! I must admit I am more than a little nervous, only because I had a hysterectomy last year and I ended up with complications that took months to overcome, I just don't want to go through that type thing again.