Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My lap-band surgery is scheduled for December 5th. I am most concerned about my husband and how my changes may effect him, I mean, will he understand I just can't eat like I used to...

Shoofee - I'm also scheduled for Dec 5th and will start my pre-op liquid diet the Monday before Thanksgiving. Guess it will be chicken broth this year!! <_<

My husband is very supportive but I can relate to your concern about how this new way of eating will affect them. We go out to eat fairly often since our kids are all grown up. If the day was really busy, we might go out for a quick bite for supper. We're thinking that we'll be able to split a meal after surgery so I think it will be good for both of us. I have a hard time envisioning what a meal will really be like. I look forward to hearing more from people who are already living with the band.

Good luck in these last 3 weeks!!

I will be banded on December 5, 2011....it can't get here fast enough :lol:

We have the same date! I am anxious for it to get here too!! :rolleyes:

Say hello to the newest December Banster!!! Dec. 8th for me!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited.

Hi ReJoyce. Our dates are very close - I am having my surgery on Dec 5th and am also VERY excited!!

Greetings

Just joined the forums, 34 year old NYC native taking a break in Houston, decided to make the change while I still have insurance and no high calorie distractions. Got approved and my surgery date is Dec 7. 2011. liquid diet starts next week, which should be interesting.. Looking forward to the upcoming adventure and I hope I can inspire and be inspired by these forums.

~Shaz

i am so happy, just heard from the doctor's office that my last appointment with my surgeon is this thursday and my pre-surgery admittance testing at the hospital is friday morning. i start my 2 week liquid diet on thursday. december 1st is just around the corner. i can't wait. can you see me smiling through the computer? i am smiling from ear to ear. i feel like a kid going to disney for the first time. i am so ready for this. i wish i did this ten years ago. but at 41, i am still young and have many many many happy years ahead of me.

I'm scheduled for December 1st and I'm starting to get nervous and anxious. I've never had any type of surgery before and I don't know how I will react to the anesthesia. I know there are risks with any procedure and I've decided that those risks are miniscule compared to the risks of doing nothing. This is definately a new beginning and I'm very excited to start that journey.

I'm the same surgery date as you...nervousness seems to be a common emotion, but I am also very excited, seems everything I do I think...next year this time I will be slim, or these summer clothes i am boxing up won't even fit me next year yay!!! Teresa

i am so happy, just heard from the doctor's office that my last appointment with my surgeon is this thursday and my pre-surgery admittance testing at the hospital is friday morning. i start my 2 week liquid diet on thursday. december 1st is just around the corner. i can't wait. can you see me smiling through the computer? i am smiling from ear to ear. i feel like a kid going to disney for the first time. i am so ready for this. i wish i did this ten years ago. but at 41, i am still young and have many many many happy years ahead of me.

I agree Roe Roe, Dec 1st can't get here soon enough, sooooo excited!! Teresa

I am excited too. People ask me if I am nervous, but not yet....I am sure I will be. I am just so ready to get this going. Just ordered my Vitamins, so they will be coming in the next few days. Then my appt for blood work on Monday. I think that will make it all real for me. I don't think I have fully wrapped my brain around the fact that I am less then a month away.:rolleyes:

Hi ReJoyce. Our dates are very close - I am having my surgery on Dec 5th and am also VERY excited!!

Attention all December 2011 Bandsters!!!

"TheCoolestSarah" started a Secret/Private group on Facebook. I am helping her add some of us in the group. If you are interested in joining inbox me. It is not searchable in Facebook because its private. I will have to friend you, then add you, then unfriend for privacy. Inbox me your full name :) None of your friends will ever know and nobody in the group will have access to your pictures or wall.

RoeRoe I glad you made it in the group.

My surgery is Dec 21st and I can imagine how those getting banded the beginning of Dec are feeling. I am already counting down the days. My preop diet is an Atkins type diet so I am lucky in that aspect. I am so nervous yet so excited. I have never been under anethesia before and I keep having these thoughts of "what if I don't wake up" I guess this is normal. I was supposed to get banded on 8/24 but had to postpone 5 days before because I got a new teaching job so its like preparing mentally all over over again. It's nice to hear from people in the same boat. It makes this journey a little bit easier.

One month from today!! Dec. 14th. Excited, nervous. Surgeon appt tomorrow, pre-admission on 11/30.

C'mon December.

Hoping to be a December bandster, sleep study next week and hoping remaining testing is FAST! I'm so READY!

I too am on an Atkins type of pre-op diet (40 carbs or less). I experimented last night with some mini pumpkin cheesecakes so that I could have something like that on Thanksgiving. I joked and said, well, I can have turkey, with a side of turkey and turkey for desert. :lol: I will be banded Dec. 8th and I am quite excited. My husband gets tickled at my enthusiasm. Oh, and he liked my mini cheesecakes. I will have to post the recipe in the low carb section.

My surgery is Dec 21st and I can imagine how those getting banded the beginning of Dec are feeling. I am already counting down the days. My preop diet is an Atkins type diet so I am lucky in that aspect. I am so nervous yet so excited. I have never been under anethesia before and I keep having these thoughts of "what if I don't wake up" I guess this is normal. I was supposed to get banded on 8/24 but had to postpone 5 days before because I got a new teaching job so its like preparing mentally all over over again. It's nice to hear from people in the same boat. It makes this journey a little bit easier.

So far we are 10 and more joining the group. Apparently some names are very common so please include your location so I can find you guys on Facebook.< /span>

Attention all December 2011 Bandsters!!!

"TheCoolestSarah" started a Secret/Private group on Facebook. I am helping her add some of us in the group. If you are interested in joining inbox me. It is not searchable in Facebook because its private. I will have to friend you, then add you, then unfriend for privacy. Inbox me your full name :) None of your friends will ever know and nobody in the group will have access to your pictures or wall.

RoeRoe I glad you made it in the group.

Listed under Jess Bitter Baldwin :) My band date is December 8 :)

So far we are 10 and more joining the group. Apparently some names are very common so please include your location so I can find you guys on Facebook.< /span>