Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have you guys read all the negative posts lately. anyone second guessing this. i spoke to my gastro doctor about all the negative posts lately and he said that if i stay away from creamed Soups, ice cream shakes and high calorie liquid food that will just pass through the band, i will be fine. lately i was thinking about not coming on the forum anymore because so many posts are about the negative and people saying they are planning to take out the band, but i only try to read the positive posts. anyone noticed all the negatives and is it affecting you?:huh:

I'm a little late to the party here but I have enough experience to realize that most people having success are NOT going to come here and post. The people having issues are going to come here looking for answers (for good reasons) but just be cautious of your decision being skewed because of posts here. That being said I have gain so much info here and my dietitian has added this place as a source of info for new potential people wanting the band.

anyone have any ideas for us December bandsters, as far as an exercise goal or walking goal. starting tomorrow November 8th can we pledge to walk a total of 3 miles a week or work out for a total of an hour a week. what do you think and how can we get the word out to all december bandsters. i wish we all lived in the same town so we could walk together.

I started today!!! YEAH I am doing Protein shakes and monitoring my calories. I also started walking. I took a nice 30 minute walk to and from my local CVS with my iPod and it felt great!!! I am considering hitting the gym next week :) Baby steps lol. I would like to lose some weight before the liquid diet and surgery. After I already started the journey why wait.

Roe, maybe can start a walking group where you are or looking for a fellow bandster like you. I am thinking of going to the support group at my hospital even before the surgery. I am hoping to meet motivating and inspirational friends!!! Never too soon for some of those. :D

anyone have any ideas for us December bandsters, as far as an exercise goal or walking goal. starting tomorrow November 8th can we pledge to walk a total of 3 miles a week or work out for a total of an hour a week. what do you think and how can we get the word out to all december bandsters. i wish we all lived in the same town so we could walk together.

I've been scheduled for Dec 28th!!!!!!! Just waiting to hear back from insurance but great Scott I'm excited!!! I have to lose some weight to lessen the fat around my liver... So I'm starting my preop diet tomorrow. Its really early but if I can shed 22lbs by dec 23 I can possibly get the spider incision. Unfortunately I made my step a little tricky because I gained during my 6month insurance diet. Apparently lean cuisine aren't that fantastic, lol. Carbs and sodium. So I'm starting now and by golly, dec 28th will be here In a jiffy!! Whoo hooo! Here I come!!!

Say hello to the newest December Banster!!! Dec. 8th for me!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited.

Is anyone on the two week shake and bars pre-op diet yet? If so How's it going?

My preop diet is 2 shakes (breakfast and lunch) and then 4oz of protien and 1 cup of green veggie for dinner. It is going good so far. I'm starting mine early because I have to lose 22 lbs b4 surgery. I drink a LOT of Water between meals to calm the hunger pangs, and dinner is a treat by then. I chew every bite to mush - for both savor and also for future practice. I also usually crave sweetness right after a meal so I make a cup of hot tea and truvia to feel satified. sugar free Popsicles also hit the spot at night. Been a little chilly for those tho :)

hi All! My tentative date is December 8th! I'm so excited about the whole process.. its taken forever to get to this point.

Only thing im not looking forward to is the liquid diet for two weeks!

Hey there Jess how are you feeling 2 days after surgery?

I pray all went well for you

hi All! My tentative date is December 8th! I'm so excited about the whole process.. its taken forever to get to this point.

Only thing im not looking forward to is the liquid diet for two weeks!

I'm scheduled for December 1st and I'm starting to get nervous and anxious. I've never had any type of surgery before and I don't know how I will react to the anesthesia. I know there are risks with any procedure and I've decided that those risks are miniscule compared to the risks of doing nothing. This is definately a new beginning and I'm very excited to start that journey.

My surgery date is December 5, 2011. I start my liquid diet on November 21....just before Thanksgiving :( But I am so looking forward to being banded!

I've never had surgery either and am a little concerned about the anesthesia. No one else in my family has issues so, I'm hoping for the same :) Best of Luck to all!

I'm scheduled for December 1st and I'm starting to get nervous and anxious. I've never had any type of surgery before and I don't know how I will react to the anesthesia. I know there are risks with any procedure and I've decided that those risks are miniscule compared to the risks of doing nothing. This is definately a new beginning and I'm very excited to start that journey.

I had my last 6-month nutrition appointment today! Yay! He will be submitting to the insurance hopefully today- he's still got to get the report from the psych eval, so he's hoping to harass them enough today. We went over my pre- and post-op diet info. I'm SO lucky, I think! This is sooo much less restrictive than what I've seen others have to do!

The pre-op diet is a low carb/low calorie diet for 7 - 14 days pre-op, with the purpose of shrinking the liver. It consists of 10 oz lean meat (70 grams protein), 2-3 cups non-starchy vegetables, 3 tsp fat, and all calorie free liquids.

Post op is only one week of liquids that are thin enough to pass through a straw. During this week, avoid carbonated drinks and caffeine, but after that I can have them if I want. Acceptable drinks: Skim milk, low fat drinkable yogurt, cream Soups that are strained, sugar free hot chocolate, slim fast high Protein, myoplex light, zero carb Isopure, propel, crystal light, broth, gatorade G2. chewable Multivitamin and chewable Calcium.

A week after surgery, I will have a follow up appointment with the surgeon. Provided an "uneventful recovery has been confirmed" I can move up to all solids over the next few weeks as tolerated.

I can do this! The nutritionist said he doesn't get real strict on the diet unless you reach a point where you aren't losing. I'm relieved that his plan is so doable. I'm so excited I can't stand it!

I will be banded on December 5, 2011....it can't get here fast enough :lol:

My date is 12/20! :)