Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys, myname is Elizabeth and I just got my date of 12/13 today. For the life of me Icannot figure out why the PA tried so hard to talk me into having the sleeve surgery.I am 5'4 244lbs, and very active. Nonetheless I am very excited/nervous herebegins a new adventure.

Liz

I want to second what one of you said. Much of the negative comments are coming from people not following hrough on what we are all being told. This is a tool, not a magic trick. It will be hard but better than what I have done done w hitch would NOT lead to a long enough life or one as happy s it can be.

Welcome Liz. My date is one day father yours, the 14th.

Steve

I'm happily joining you all as a hopefull December Bandster! My last appointment with the dietician is scheduled for December 1st, which will complete all of my pre-op requirements. My paperwork will be submitted to insurance the next day and if all goes as planned, I will have approval shortly after that. Right now I have a tenative surgery date of 12-27-11. I'm not exactly looking forward to the all-liquid Christmas dinner, but I guess that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make! :) My birthday is the first week in January, so what better gift than the opportunity to finally be healthy? I'm looking forward to this journey with all of you. It's coming up fast!

Jen

:)Hello, My surgery date is Dec 6th..I went to a support group of about 50 people and I was the only lapbander in the bunch. When the others found out I was having lapband they proceded to tell me that I don't want it and that I was gastric bypass...One hell of a support group!! Anyway, good thing I know what I want..I just know that with any surgery there can be complications and you only hear about the ones that go wrong..It is nice to be on a site that gives the good and the bad!!

Hi, Rosann,

My name is Lisa Marie Robinson. I am 42 and have a 21 year old daughter and 4 year old twins (boy/girl). My surgery is on Dec 6th, so we are kind of in the same boat. You mentioned that you have see alot of negative post, I agree with you..It make me kind of second guess myself alittle...I do think my surgeon is right..You have people that drink their calories and then see no weight loss that is a given..I also asked about device failure he said 20% and said that on these sites it is such a consolidated group that you are bound to hear about the bad stuff too! I am super active but, as I get older it seems i just keep gaining weight...Anyway, good luck!!!

Lisa

I may be pushing my surgery to January :( My surgeon is out of network...If I keep my December surgery date I will have to pay $400 deductible for my husband and I in December. In January will be a new year which means deductibe will start all over!!! So with follow ups and fills I would have to pay most likely pay another $400 deductble in January for the new year. Now I am thinking maybe I should push my surgery to January and save the money. Of course I know that they are tentative dates so the December dates were never guaranteed. Decisions...decisions....:blink:

good luck to you also Lisa. it boggles my mind how some people say they have no restriction at all. that scares the heck out of me because i over over eat and i was hoping that the lap band would do just that, not allow me to over eat. i am going forward with this. i have to. i feel there is no other option for me. i have not gone to support group meeting at my hospital either because i am afraid of the same thing. i should try to go to one, actually they have one today at 1:00 and i could go on my lunch hour from work because it is around the corner from my office, but may use the rainy day as a reason not to. i think i may way until after i am banded and then go so no one can try to talk to me out of lap band. would never do gastric, too invasive. i feel that i get enough support here with bandsters anyway, but it would be nice if we could all sit around and talk. it is nice to actually talk to people face to face.

Roe roe, the environment at the support group I went to was much different. About half their has band. Got good realistic mostly positive feedback. Also, my insurance, Aetne, required attendance before approval.

Stv

I agree

Well,we are adding to the December binders! Busy holiday season this year. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthdays (roe roe 11/17, me 11/29). But the big celebration will be starting a NEW year on he way to healthier us.

Steve

:DDec 1 is my suregery date. We are going to have a new year to started fresh and get to are goal.

The cancer posts had me scared, bet then I remembered how my mom is and I am worse than she was at this age. Everything comes with risks, but the worse thing we can do is nothing. We are worth more than that. I know I am. I have been waiting for three years. The only thing that scares me know is failing and not losing weight.

HERE'S TO US !! :-)

SHERRY!!!! My Sista-in-banding!!!

I just got my Dec 21st surgery date yesterday!! WOO HOO!

I'm a school counseling graduate student doing 3 days of internships in 2 elementary schools - so I totally feel you on the Christmas Break recovery time. I'm so excited to have a week where I'm forced to lay on the couch and drink broth. Right now that sounds like friggin HEAVEN if you ask me!

So glad to find the Dec Bandsters and also read how totally positive you guys are. These support websites kinda rub me the wrong way for that very reason. I'm all about focusing on fitness goals, being positive, and just getting out and living life! I'm glad I found you guys - MY PEOPLE! hahahaha

Ok so I'm a little nuts right now - long day at school hahaha

Anyway, hugs all, I'm glad I found you and let's keep in touch ok! We can do this together!!!

-Sarah

sigh. my computer hates me.

ugh it posted twice.

December bandsters, go to the main forum page and you will see a list of forums that are available:

basics for lap band surgery beginners

main lap band surgery forums

lap band surgeons

and one called lap band support groups - in this forum you will see each month listed and you can go to the December 2011 forum and keep in touch with other December 2011 bandsters. that way we can keep in touch and read posts from eachother. there is probably so much more to this forum that i am not aware of yet. lol