Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My origanal surgery date was 8/24 but as an unemployed teacher I was offered a job 5 days before and accepted although bitter sweet. My new surgery date is 12/21 and I wish it was sooner but atleast I will have 14 days over Christmas Break to rest and heal. I am still nervous and having so much time to wait yet again I read some of the horror stories people post and get second thoughts. However I know I will be a happier and healthier me in the long run. Anyone else in the same boat? Having the support system of others has really helped me through.

My date is 12/14! While I won't overeat at thanksgiving, I am glad my birthday (11/20) and t'giing come before liquid diet. Put those temptations to next year when better positioned to deal with them.

My birthday is november 17th and that is the day i am supposed to start my two week liquid diet. my surgery date is December 1st, but my surgeon gave me the go ahead to have my birthday dinner and start on the 18th. i think he realized that i am going to have to miss thanksgiving so he figured he would give me my birthday. I wonder how thanksgiving is going to be? at least i can have some turkey broth lol. good luck fellow december bandsters. i was waiting patiently to see a December Bandsters post. i feel like it is just around the corner now.

My tentative date is 12/19. I think it may change but I am hoping it will still be in the month of December. Seems like it will not come quick enough. My husband is also getting banded in December (12/5). His birthday is in January and he already mentioned going out for his Birthday dinner in November. LOL Funny thing is I have no place that I want to go before the surgery HMMMMM except my couch with a pint of Haagen Daz

anything beats clear broth, Protein shakes and sugar free Jello. lol.

You are lucky that you and your husband are banded at the same time, you can go through it together and support eachother in your daily food intake. that seems like a great success story there. good luck to you both .

anything beats clear broth, Protein shakes and sugar free Jello. lol.

You are lucky that you and your husband are banded at the same time, you can go through it together and support eachother in your daily food intake. that seems like a great success story there. good luck to you both .

THANKS!!! I am hoping so. My huband started this lapband journey in 2008! I talked him out of it. We both hit the gym and lost a lot of weight. He lost the most of course. It all crept up slowly and here we are. Last year I said if I can't lose it, I am getting the surgery. This September I rejoined the gym and realized I need the lapband. I do not want to lose another year. Once I made my mind up, I asked him and he was on board. We already went to our consult. He is off on Wednesdays so while the kids are in school we have every Wednesday booked with doctor appointments until 11/16. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we will be able to get banded in December. I realize that he will probably lose quicker than me but the journey should be easier because we will both understand what we are going through.

i am 41 and i soooo wish i thought about doing this ten years ago. BUT, december 1st will be the 1st day of the second half of my life. my son is 11 and my daughter is 15 so my husband and i and the kids still have alot of good times ahead. good luck

My date is 12/12 my husband will be dieting right along side of me but not doing the band. I am nervous.

Well,we are adding to the December binders! Busy holiday season this year. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthdays (roe roe 11/17, me 11/29). But the big celebration will be starting a NEW year on he way to healthier us.

Steve

Hope to join in with the Dec 2011 bandsters! I plan to turn in all my paperwork on my last nutrition consult (Nov 1) and hopefully Tricare will approve me within a week. I'm targeting Dec 21 as surgery date to take advantage of the holiday downtime. Right now I feel pretty confident and I owe a lot to this board. So many good insights and first-hand accounts has taken much of the fear out of me. But I will likely become anxious as the surgery date nears. Good luck to all us and I look foward to becoming "bandster buddies" with you all.

Blessings,

Peg

Welcome Peg. We can all be anxious together.

Steve

have you guys read all the negative posts lately. anyone second guessing this. i spoke to my gastro doctor about all the negative posts lately and he said that if i stay away from creamed Soups, ice cream shakes and high calorie liquid food that will just pass through the band, i will be fine. lately i was thinking about not coming on the forum anymore because so many posts are about the negative and people saying they are planning to take out the band, but i only try to read the positive posts. anyone noticed all the negatives and is it affecting you?:huh:

have you guys read all the negative posts lately. anyone second guessing this. i spoke to my gastro doctor about all the negative posts lately and he said that if i stay away from creamed Soups, ice cream shakes and high calorie liquid food that will just pass through the band, i will be fine. lately i was thinking about not coming on the forum anymore because so many posts are about the negative and people saying they are planning to take out the band, but i only try to read the positive posts. anyone noticed all the negatives and is it affecting you?:huh:

YES! I have started threads on this "negativity" issue. I was told many come to the forums for support. So that is why is seems to be negative. My surgeon told me if I follow what he says to do then I WILL lose the weight. I considered not coming to the forum too but now I carefully choose what to read. I am looking for INSPIRATION!!! I know there will be work involved on our part BUT we (can) WILL do it! Just follow your doctors orders. I find many negative posts are with people that did not do so and some never even followed up with their fills. I am very fearful of failure but I am NOT failing this time and that is why I am going through this surgery. Big step but one than in a year I will be very happy I made. I plan to share that with newbies in a year too :-) Since they will need support too.

I am going to take it one day at a time and i am going to tell my husband to hide the scale, because if he doesn't i would probably weigh myself everyday and i do not want to do that. This is forever now. this is not me going on weight watchers or Atkins and starting a diet for a wedding that is upcoming or a vacation, this is for my life and i am not going to think of this as a diet anymore. this is going to be the new me that learns to love herself, love her body and eat only good choices. i am going to say, how many Cookies have i already had to eat in my life, i know what that tastes like and after i swallow it i forget what it tasted like anyway. I am going to do this for life now. December 1st is fast approaching and Lap Band, i look forward to spending the rest of LONG life with you and i hope we can learn to live together in harmony and give eachother exactly what we need. my motto is ONE DAY AT A TIME. thank you all for your support. Skinnyminime, i read alot of your posts and you give me encouragement. thank you very much.

I am going to take it one day at a time and i am going to tell my husband to hide the scale, because if he doesn't i would probably weigh myself everyday and i do not want to do that. This is forever now. this is not me going on weight watchers or Atkins and starting a diet for a wedding that is upcoming or a vacation, this is for my life and i am not going to think of this as a diet anymore. this is going to be the new me that learns to love herself, love her body and eat only good choices. i am going to say, how many Cookies have i already had to eat in my life, i know what that tastes like and after i swallow it i forget what it tasted like anyway. I am going to do this for life now. December 1st is fast approaching and Lap Band, i look forward to spending the rest of LONG life with you and i hope we can learn to live together in harmony and give eachother exactly what we need. my motto is ONE DAY AT A TIME. thank you all for your support. Skinnyminime, i read alot of your posts and you give me encouragement. thank you very much.

As I do yours! You and others on the forum have LIFTED me up everytime I second guessed myself! It was because of others that I was aware that it is normal to have "second" thoughts. Because of them I know that my feelings are normal. I intend on returning that favor to the newbies :-)