Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who were you banded by?

Hey Cloe:

I got my fill about 10 days ago. It's going good, I think. I've been out of town, which I say is my excuse for bad food choices, and I think that's why I believe I've gained at least a pound. :) Back home now, and I think things will get better. I think I must not be chewing as well as I think I am, and often get a 'stuck' feeling. It passes pretty quickly with some deep breathing (read that on here) and a couple minutes or less.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get a catheter during surgery. You keep your underwear on when you go into surgery, so I'm sure if they thought they'd catheter you, they'd not let you wear your underwear. You're not allowed to drink Water (or food) after a certain time the night before surgery, so, there was nothing there to catheter out anyways!

Nope, no barium swallowing. Just a good ol' bottle of water.... and was it ever nice. I was harassing them before I got knocked out and as soon as I woke up for a sip! It would have been nice to have a barium swallow just to check... but nope.

I was neither glued or stapled! The incisions are held closed with Steri-strips. They're supposed to stay on for at least a week. Some of mine fell off after a few days, but the incisions looked ok, so I didn't mind. I just wanted to make sure my big one stayed covered... so when too many steristrips fell off that one (I think I must have had like 7 on there!), I got some non-stick gauze and paper-type tape, and kept it covered a bit longer. It made me feel better having a little more padding inbetween my stomach and whatever I managed to run into and bang it.

Yay! 3 days! You must be so excited! Good luck :)

Mandi

How many incisions do they make? (Only 17 days - or 408 hours - or 24,453 minutes till my surgery- but who's counting :biggrin1: )

I had 5.... sounds like it ranges from 4 to 6 incisions. :)

Good luck also, Susan.

Hi woodys,

I talked to DR Joffe office last week for the first time. My first question was actually if there was a problem with me living so far away, for post op, Then i asked the price of the sugery thats when i was told it was 15000.00 if i was from out of town. Im not sure what there guide lines are for out of town, but i do live in Northern Ontario about 12 to 14 hours away. I have my phone cosulation on June 09th but im not sure if they are going to charge me for it. If anyone knows could you please let me know.

thanks

Hi Mandi. Thanks so much for your reply. I'm so glad to hear that your doing great, don't worry about that pound, just think what you might have gained before the band. Much to my surprise, the closer I get to my surgery the less I am nervous. There has been so many great comments coming back in the "May 2006" thread, it's hard to get nervous. You have also been a great help to me and I thank you for sharing your experience. Talk at you soon:) .

Kennedy

I'm two hours n/e of Toronto.....I had one phone consultation with Nisrine and one with Dr. Joffe.....I didn't have to pay for either and they were long distance.

Carol

Hi Susan:

I'm getting so excited too.....I'll be leaving Dr. Joffe's just as you are going in. I sent you a lengthly email on Friday....did you get it? woodys@sympatico.ca

Carol

Argon & Cloe;

I'm 6 days post op and doing extremely well. Dr. Cobourn is fantastic ... Cloe you have nothing to worry about. I have two weeks off of work but I think I could of gone back today but that is because I have taken it very easy.

Cloe,

You must be getting very excited! Wishing you all the best! Let us know how you are doing!!

I am 9 days and counting!

Good Luck Girl!!

Thanks you guys for all your support. And yes, I'm getting very excited:clap2: . I let let everyone know how it goes. I'm hardly nervous at all (right now).

Cloe,

Thinkin' about ya girl! Good Luck tomorrow - next week - it will be me!!

Let us know how you are doing - all the best !!!!!!!!

Cloe - Have been thinking about you all day. I thought of you at 8:00am this morning when the surgery should shortly be underway. Hope you are as happy with Dr. Cobourn and his staff as I was. Look forward to hearing from you.

Oops ... just realized it is only Thursday. Well, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!!

jude048 -

As I have said to Cloe, you will be very happy with Dr. Cobourn. I had my surgery last week and I have no bruises and the incisions are so small I have to look twice to find them.

Good luck to you and look forward to hearing how things go!

Mandi -

How did your first fill go? Was Dr. Cobourn training Dr. Mitchell?

I should have questioned Rose when you told me your appointment was at Peter Lougheed and I said my meeting was at Foothills Hospital. Rose informed most of his patients but I was left out. After waiting over 1 hour at Foothills and making calls to Rose, Dr. C. finally called me to apologize about the mixup. Oh well, I ended up meeting him the day before my surgery in Toronto.

Congrats on the 26+ lb weight loss so far!

What a great guy he is!