Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who were you banded by?

Hi Sunshine,

Well, lets put it this way, You'll get so hungry that the Opti-fast starts looking really good. I don't mean to depress you, but is only a small part of the complete journey. The first Opt-fast was gross, I think because I smelled it, don't smell it, it taste better then. After that you get use to it. Although, I'm only only day 3 of 21.

hey i want to wish you the best of luck. i was baned on march 1st. i have already lost 34lbs it was the best decsion i have ever made. i am so much healthier with the surgery. well good luck to you

Okay, day 16 of 21, and Opti-fast is getting really old. My liver had better be perfect! It ought to stand up and shake Dr. Cobourns hand the morning of surgery, after all this Opti-fast thing :nervous . Only 5 days to go! :cake: :party: :cake: :confused: :party: :party: :cake: :party: :cake: .

I have a question for those of you who have already been banded by Dr. Cobourn. I've been reading alot about cathiters(SPELLING?) during surgery, and swallowing barium after surgery. Does Dr. Cobourn require this? He never mentioned that during my appointment.

Hey Cloe,

I am on Day 6 and I am feeling the same way! You have also lost a significant amount of weight. Congratulations!!! Great Work! I have not waivered at all on my pre-op diet.

Please let me know how it goes - I am just the week after you!

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, I have a consulation on June 09 over the phone with DR Joffe's office. My question is does anyone know why Dr Joffe's office charges GST. but iv read that Dr Coubourn office does not. Just wondering because they both charge 15000.00 for the procedure and that would be a difference of 1050.00. They both sound like wonderful doctors. Im just not sure why the difference.

thanks.

Hi !

I am not sure why one charges GST and the other doesn't. Maybe it's just included in Dr. Cobourns cost. Isn't TLBC $16000, not $15000 ?

Mandi

Hi again,

Yes your right Dr Joffe charges 15000.00 if your from out of town, i live about 14 hours away from Toronto. Thanks for your quick reply

Hi girls!

Thats a really interesting question regarding the GST...I look forward to finding out.

Also, has anyone had any unpleasant experiences with Kathy at Dr. Cobourns office? She seems so cranky with me, I'm wondering if it's something about me that bugs her...

I am sure having alot of trouble dealing with "last supper syndrome" I've been eating worse lately, than I ever have in my life. (Shame on me!)

QUICK! someone give me heck.

i don't want to have a heart attack before ever getting to try my delicious Optifast shakes!! haha

This is very interesting....I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Joffe on June 8th. Dr. Joffe himself and his staff are aware that I live 2 hours n/e of Toronto yet I have to pay $16,000 plus GST???????? There was never a mention to me that there was a lower rate for out of town patients.

Was this information given to you voluntarily or did you ask if there was a discounted rate for out of towners?

Thanks,

Carol

Sunshine, I'm not sure who Kathy is... are you sure it was a Kathy? I've talked to Karen (Dr C's wife), but only by email.... then there's Rose and Marie. Those 2 were always super nice. Hmm... I don't know.

Carol/Woodys, yeah, I don't know how they determine who's an 'out of towner'. I believe the discount is because some one who lives far away isn't going to be able to come in as often for fills, like someone close could. I know if I was 2 hours from them (and was banded by them) I would be there as often as I needed to... but then it just depends on the person. Doesn't seem all that fair. Even at 2 hours away, it could be as difficult for you to go there as someone who's 8 hours away. I'd give them a call, and tell them that you heard that out of towners get a discount... see what they say. It's worth a try! Let us know what they say! :)

Mandi

CanadianSunshine - I also went nuts eating. I ate everything I could see and then some. Then one of the pro-bansters (I forget right now who that was) told me about how important it is to get your liver in shape prior to surgery, and alot of complications can occur becasue of it. It took me a little while but I got it together and never looked back. Having said that I am an all-or-nothing person. I'm hoping the band will help me with that. Good Luck!

Mandi - Hows it going! Have you had a fill yet. I'd love to hear how your journey uis going. I have a few questions, I hope you could answer. Did Dr.Cobourn give you a cathiter during surgery, and did you have to do a barium swallow after surgery? and did you get glued or stapled? Just wondering:confused: . Thanks

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: ONLY 3 1/2 DAYS LEFT TIL BANDING :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: