Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your favorite workout routine &/or DVD

Hi All,

I am 6 weeks post op and so far I have mostly been walking. I have a new found love for the Leslie Sansone 1,2, and 3 mile walking videos. I have a few other DVDs, however, the walking ones are by far my favorite at this time. I'm just wondering what others are doing. My best friend, who has no idea what it's like to be severely overweight, suggested I run. However, that option is happening no time soon.

What exercises do you like to do and how often do you exercise. So far I have been committing to about 4 days per week.

I am with you running is not my cup of tea! I was swimming but even here in TX the swim season is done...I found a DVD by Jane Fonda I like (dancing moves) I also found a pilates with a band workout LOVE IT! Definitley can feel the burn as they say. I excerceise 6-7 days a week however my work is very stressful and I find it helps me become calm. And it deters me from snacking :)

Hi All,

I am 6 weeks post op and so far I have mostly been walking. I have a new found love for the Leslie Sansone 1,2, and 3 mile walking videos. I have a few other DVDs, however, the walking ones are by far my favorite at this time. I'm just wondering what others are doing. My best friend, who has no idea what it's like to be severely overweight, suggested I run. However, that option is happening no time soon.

What exercises do you like to do and how often do you exercise. So far I have been committing to about 4 days per week.

I like the treadmill at the gym. I walk on an incline briskly for 45 min. or jog for 30. I started out real slow and have greadually increased my duration/intensity. When I jog I go fast for 4 then slow down for 1 minute, then fast again... It's suppossed to burn more fat that way. I second the Jane Fonda videos. I used to use them. There is a step routine that is awsome. You can get it on Ebay, it's from the 80's. Whaterever you do will be beneficial- the main thing is to get moving.

P90X. B)

I like kickboxing. I go to that 4-5 times per week. I do the gym 1-2 and do the elliptical there and then do weights, and occasionally I'll do a short stint on the recumbant bike. I did google turbo jam last week and it loos pretty fun, I've been debating getting it.

I started out just doing the recumbant bike...quite frankly, that's all I could do at 325 lbs. Now, my favorite exercise is Zumba. The music is great, you burn lots of calories and the 1 hour class just flies by because it is so much fun! I go to Zumba class 3 days a week and also do Body Pump (weights) twice a week and the elliptical 2-3 times a week. I think the key is to find something you enjoy because then you will be more likely to keep it up.

Zumba !!! You can buen up to 600 calories in one hour.

I like the Life Fitness Elliptical machine. I put it on Aerobic Mode, level 10 and maintain a speed of about 6.5 except where it tells you to do different. I usually do it for 45 minutes. Then I follow up with a routine of chest and leg presses. Not a lot of weight. Several reps of 10 at a lower weight to hopefully tone.

Aerobic mode is nice because it is a routine of several different speeds forward and backward. Keeps it interesting.

This burns about 800 - 900 calories an hour.

I liked to Dance ! at one time anyway... But my knees are artificial from being overweight, aerobics, and running.

So now I walk in the pool for about 1hr. In the summer I go walking.

Total workout for me a day is between 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. I am beet.....

That's 3 x a week.

I like the treadmill at the gym. I walk on an incline briskly for 45 min. or jog for 30. I started out real slow and have greadually increased my duration/intensity. When I jog I go fast for 4 then slow down for 1 minute, then fast again... It's suppossed to burn more fat that way. I second the Jane Fonda videos. I used to use them. There is a step routine that is awsome. You can get it on Ebay, it's from

the 80's. Whaterever you do will be beneficial- the main

thing is to get moving.

Omg, I love the Jane Fonda step workout. It is amazing!

I love the elliptical machine at the gym--my knees are terrible, and the elliptical allows me to "run" without the impact on my knees. I also love, love, LOVE any pilates DVD by Ana Caban. I got the Beginning Mat Workout about ten years ago and still love using it--and now I have several other DVDs by her, too. :D

I get on the Elliptical everyday, and along with a heart monitor I use the "Cardiac Coach" workouts on my I-pod with headphones. Lots of level 3 and 4 hill climbs and sprints.

I cannot jog. When I do, I feel every joint in my body from my knees, pelvis, spine and shoulders slam together with every step. In other words, to high impact for me.

After the elliptical, I go through my routine with weights, then crunches and pull ups.

The health club I belong to has locker rooms with showers, sauna, steam room and whirlpool so I spend some time there before taking a shower.

I swim @ the ymca an hour a day.

My fav is Leslie Sansone. She has a 1, 2 & 3 mile walk you can do in your living room. She is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!