Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Music - Whats your flavor?

My favorites are: Evanesence, Lacuna Coil, H.I.M., My Chemical Romance, Nox Arcana, Seether, Disturbed, Linkin Park, No Doubt, Black Eyed Peas, Kelly Clarkson, Green Day, U2, Duran Duran...I Listen to a variety of music but I am getting towhere I cannot stand country...it all sounds the same anymore and the funny thing about that is that we go to a 'country' bar every Friday night(the drinks are cheap!)...If they play the older stuff from the early 90's like Garth Brooks, Brooks and Dunn...etc...I am fine but anything else drives me nuts. So no, I don't 2-step and the thought makes me gag. But when the DJ throws out the dance music you bet your ass I am out there shaking my soon-to-be small ass! :) I like alot of dark, vampiric music too...call me weird but there is something so calming, soothing and romantic about the music. :)www.noxarcana.com If I listen to this music with my eyes closed it is so hypnotic and makes you picture yourself in a castle with a long flowing gown, candlelight and a cool breeze blowing through your hair. It makes my heart race to picture it. I think I should have been alive back then!! :) And I love the fact that my husband feels the same way. Light the candles, turn on the cd, turn off the lights and let the romance flow. :kiss2:

MyKydsDad...:wow2: Never been to a concert...hmmm, ya gotta' try it just once!

:)

My husband and I also have another circuit "activity" we do...every year we go the the National's Drag Races to see John Force run his funny car. The sound and vibration of the cars drag racing pretty much knocks your socks off!!! Do ya' think we're possibly going to be deaf by 60? I would say probably yah! But boy do we have fun!!! :)

DVSABoss, I ride a Harley Davidson RoadKing....and I've worked in a coal mine for 27 years. I'm already deaf and they don't call it a $25,000 vibrator for nothin'.....LOL

Classic rock - Journey, Van Halen, Led Zep, Sabbath, Ted Nugent, Foghat, Heart, Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar, Nazareth, Styx (who I have tickets for next month:)).. then there is the newer stuff, Live, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, 3 Doors Down, Thornley, Audioslave, many many more.. and especially a new band who I absolutely LOVE called Blue October...

I dance country and like alot of country, however, I don't buy it much.. I also own a little Bocelli and some Mario Frangoulis.

Any music as long as there is a meaning and a melody... no banging, no absurd screaming violent tantrums or obscenities.. YUK.

Concerts I've been to.. Hmmm..

Black Sabbath/Van Halen

Foreigner/Cheap Trick

Nazareth

Aerosmith/Jackyl

Def Leppard

Ted Nugent/Pat Travers

Sammy Hagar/Joan Jett

Loverboy

Ted Nugent/Bad Company

Damn Yankees

Stevie Nicks

Vertical Horizon/Five for Fighting

Pat Benatar - twice

Ted Nugent - (can you tell I like Ted Nugent?)

Bush/Goo Goo Dolls/No Doubt

Robert Plant

Moody Blues

Blue October

Sister 7

Tori Amos/Howie Day

Sarah McLachlan - awesome!

Now it'll drive me nuts to remember who I've missed...:cry

Wow Letha thats an impressive list of concerts girl. You'd love it in our house, we play almost all your faves. And Wooohooo! Finally a Moody Blues fan!

Oh, I have to brag - I saw the Hell Freezes Over tour.. so there :)

I'm a country girl for the most part. I enjoy the classic country music and some of the new. Trace Adkins makes me weak in the knees! :dance: I also enjoy some of the older rock stuff that I grew up on like the Eagles, Heart, & Van Halen. Isn't it funny how you can go back in time just listening to music? Shows what a huge influence it has on our lives even though we don't realize it at the time.

70's/80's rock - 40% of the time

Fleetwood Mac

Steve Miller

BOC

Skynard

The Guess Who

Queen

The Eagles

Pink Floyd

AC/DC

ELO

Journey

Foreigner

Van Halen

oldies - 40% of the time

this is my mom's music - but I know all of the songs and all of the words and find myself listening to it more and more the older I get - calms me down and great for cleaning.

some of the stuff my kids listen to (but definitely not all) - 20% of the time

I couldn't even tell you the band names - used to be Creed, Default, 3 Doors Down, American Rejects, Green Day, etc. but has now moved to harder stuff that I can hardly stand to listen to - bunch of yelling and sounding really mad about something. I don't get it.

My husband has been singing in bands since I met him. His current band (with my brother and two other friends) plays around the DFW area on occasion. I like most of the stuff they do - Cheap Trick (Surrender), Tesla (Signs - remake), Sammy Hagar (love this one - Heavy Metal), U2 (Vertigo), etc., etc. It's lots of fun to go see them play - I'm still a groupie after all these years :-).

I like anything rock, new, old, the harder the better. Mettallica, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Audioslave, the list goes on & on...

Hey Randy! Where in the hell is coal in central Texas? Fairfield has coal???? And its about time you went to at least a concert or 2. My first concert was Paul Revere & the Raiders so you know I've been around a bit. Married a guitar player so I have to like music. Plenty of concerts to go to even if you don't like it as hard rock as I do. Come on Randy, take Joy out every now & then!!

Yessir. I did know that. Silly man, he is.

He also moved down here because he hunts here alot.

The reason I have seen him so many times is because he would throw concerts on the ranches of friends who he was down hunting with in west Texas - specifically, Lytle Ranch near Abilene.

He also bought a memorial stone at the White Buffalo sculpture in Snyder, Texas, which is my hometown.

I just think he is a very talented, down to earth, neat guy.

My daughter's first concert was the Damn Yankees when she was 10 and we got to go backstage with him, Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades. I thought my daughter would melt when Jack Blades came over and talked to her. Great memories! :)

Leatha, did you know that he lives over in Crawford now? I think he's trying to get closer to George Dubya....LOL

I am an HUGE MUSIC LOVER!!!! I am open to all types of music, but get into Rock and Country the most. I love 80's hair bands, winger, poison, whitesnake, etc, plus ozzy, rob zombie, danzig, kid rock, loraine mckenna, ani defranco, no doubt, aerosmith, guns and roses, journey, david allan coe, waylon jennings, trace adkins, gary allan, tim mcgraw, alan jackson, george strait, faith hill, reba, martina mcbride, brooks and dunn, kenny chesney, chris ledoux, tom petty and too many more to name.

My all time favorite is Bon Jovi, I am a HUGE fan and spent many of my youth following them from town to town on tour and it was a blast. I still love them to this day. I am a rock and roll girl!

Just had to chime in on this one as I love music so much!

I love music, I play Acoustic Guitar so anything acoustic I love but I like to think any music is worth a listen.

Heres a list of artists I prefer

Classic

James Taylor (# 1 song Carolina In My Mind),Simon & Garfunkle,Paul Simon Gordon Lightfoot (Song For a Winters Night, Wow), Elton John (Prefer the early years Honkey Chateau etc), Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Niel Young, The Eagles, Cat Stevens, Dan Fogleberg, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (# 2 song Racing in The Streets), Bob Seger (Turn the Page), Beatles (Of Course), Marc Cohen (Walking In Memphis, "Ma'm I am Tonight" thats a song), Joe Cocker

Also Like to listen to roots country or Texas Country

Jerry Jeff Walker (Even though he's from Upstate New York), Guy Clark, Gary P Nunn, Lyle Lovett, Also a big fan of John Prine

Really Like some Female Singer song writers especially

Sarah McClaughlin and Mary Chapin Carpenter

Finally Celtic music mostly Canadian stuff

Great Big Sea, Spirit of the West, The Irish Descendants and the man with the big voice Stan Rogers.

I am currently playing songs to get ready for St Patrick's day, a few Traditional Irish songs along with some traditional Newfoundland songs (Canada's version of Ireland) Great Big Sea has a new CD out with old Newfoundland folk songs. If you like celtic music you'll love this. It's called "Great Big Sea, The Hard and the Easy"

It has to have layers of sound for me. That seems to always catch me. Many layers within the music.

SO I pretty much run Soup to nuts if it has that. My tastes are very

eclectic. It ranges from from New Age, Darkwave and Industrial,Ambient, Goth, classic rock, classical, blues.

Except for country and 80's metal bands, I never really got into that. Like Dawg I like Prodigy and Delirium too. and then a host of independent bands usually from Europe.

All time forever favs are Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Gary Numan, U2, Duran Duran, Loreena Mckinnett, Vilvaldi, Debussy, Albinioni.

I'm a Huge Music Fan....Something I Can't Live Without.....However I Listen to A Little of Everything....My Playlist Consist Of Various Artist....Such As

Heart, Def Leppard, Skid Row, REO Speedwagon, Bryan Adams, AC DC, Poison, Eric Clapton, Spin Doctors, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Air Supply, The Who, Simply Red, Wilson Phillips, Dr.Hook, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Bad Company, Bob Segar, Bon Jovi, Eagles, Tesla, Motely Crue, Ozzy, Queen, Tom Petty, Journey, Foriegner, Jefferson Starship, Styx, Kanye West, P.Diddy, Jayz, Beyonce, Destiny's Child, Nelly, Dem Franchize Boyz, DL4, Dr Dre, Eminem, Juvenile, Juelz Santana, Lil' Flip, Lil' Jon & Eastside Boyz, Lil' Scrappy, Ludacris, Master P, Outkast, Pastor Troy, The Game, T.I., Trick Daddy, LOVE 2pac Twista, Xzibit, Young Jeezy, Ying Yang Twinz, Missy Elliot, Ashanti, Black Eyed Peas, 50 Cent, Lyfe Jennings, R.Kelly, 112, Jahiem, Aaliyah, Avant, Amanda Perez, Blackstreet, Brandy, Ciara, Craig David, Dru Hill, Franki J, Ginuwine, Jagged Edge, J.Lo, Latif, Mariah Carey, Marques Houston, Mary J Blige, Mario, Next, Pretty Ricky, TLC, Tyrese, UsherMarvin Gaye, The Dells, Four Tops, Temptations, Stylistics, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, Alan Jackson, Keith Whitley, Conway Twitty, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Allison Krause, Tanya Tucker, Trisha Yearwood, Garth Brooks, George Straight, Toby Keith, Dixie Chicks, Dolly Parton, Lonestar, Lorrie Morgan, Patty Loveless, Rascal Flats, Sugarland, Travis Tritt, Tim McGraw, The Judds, Waylon Jennings, Sammy Kershaw....Nickleback, 3 Doors Down, Fuel, Staind, Limp Biskit, Kid Rock, Greenday, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Matchbox 20, Cranberries, Good Charlette, Marcy Playground, Yellowcard, Five For Fighting, Finger 11, Blessed Unions Of Soul, Our Lady Peace,

I just love music, that's mainly what I enjoy, I would rather listen to music than watch tv or listen to music than do just about anything....