Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waking up THIN!!!

I come on here at least once a day or every couple days....... and i keep reading the same thing..... I HAD THE SURGERY __ MONTHS AGO AND I'M STILL FAT. What did some of you think that you wold have WLS and the next day wake up THIN.....

NEWS FLASH....!!!!! It doesn't work that way... you have to still watch EVERY THING you eat (even more now), you still have to get up off your rear end and exercise..... LB surgery is not a SURE THING.... You have to work at it, and it takes time.

So the next time you start to post ...... i've only lost.__ pounds, remember you still have LOST WEIGHT... be happy and grateful. Work your tool and be grateful that you were able to have this procedure done in the first place.... Think of all the people who can't because of one reason or the other......

I means it one thing to complain about hitting a plateau when you are near the end.... but right at the beginning is when you are learning HOW TO EAT.... so give it time... one of the reasons that the dr. fills the band slow is so you can learn how to "re-eat".

Remember to follow the rules and do your part and the tool will help you succeed.....

Thanks and have wonderful.... Lapband day.

AMEN!

Or on the wrong side of the bed?

I had Great Pre-band education, aside from the standard tests I had to take several classes. I don't think everybody has great pre-band knowledge.

Hope you have a great day!B)

No i didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed..... just tired of some people coming on here posting that they are not losing weight even though it has only been a short time that they had LB surgery......

I also had great pre-band education.... but I also did a lot of research and talked to people at support groups and i listen when they talked.

This kind of statement gets under my skin:........(this is just made up, but you get were im coming from) I had my surgery 3 months ago and i have only lost 50lbs....... REALLY! only 50 pounds... could you have lost it if you had not had LB surgery.... probably, but not in three months and could you keep it off... probably not...

so i guess what i'm really getting at is .......... be grateful and stop whining..... if your not losing weight, do some self reevaluation......look at what your eating or not eating.... look at the exercise your doing or not doing....... look with in, don't just count on the band to do it all.

There are people out there who would give anything to have the opportunity that we have had. To have this surgery was a complete God send to me. And some people have the surgery and never use it the way it was intended. Or think they will wake up thin....

I hear you loud and clear and I agree.

I think some people think this surgery is a magic bullet. The commercials on TV from some of the surgery centers make you feel like it is a magic bullet but it is hard work. Very hard.

But sooooo worth it. Remember people, you didn't get fat overnight....and you aren't going to get thin overnight. Slow and steady wins the race. Just keep pushing and keep obtaining those small goals to get to that larger one.

I hear you loud and clear and I agree.

I think some people think this surgery is a magic bullet. The commercials on TV from some of the surgery centers make you feel like it is a magic bullet but it is hard work. Very hard.

But sooooo worth it. Remember people, you didn't get fat overnight....and you aren't going to get thin overnight. Slow and steady wins the race. Just keep pushing and keep obtaining those small goals to get to that larger one.

My point exactly.... jacob

I understand where you're coming from, but it is a little harsh. Some of these statements get to me also, while I am THRILLED about what I have lost, I really wanted it to be more. For many, the pre-op diet takes off 20 + pounds and even with education and research, they still can't help but expect more from the band. I lost without much work and know that if I put in more effort the real goal would be met. However, few people are really able to accept their responsiblity in having gained the weight and in having to make the right choices to loose the weight, The mental is a big part of this, that's why we have to do the evals and for some surpervised weight loss before surgery. This is the place to vent, be scared, ask for help and yes sometimes just whine. Only those on the path can really understand what we have to deal with daily. Let's just try to pump em up, or just not finish reading the posts that make your skin crawl.:unsure:

There's also the harsh reality of feeling fat when you look in the mirror despite what you've lost. There's been many posts about "I've lost 50lb but I'm still fat". Thats because if you had 100lb to lose you ARE still fat, you're still 50lb overweight. But you shouldnt focus on that, you always had to lose that first 50, the ones that dont show so much, to get to the 50 that really make the difference. We have to learn to appreciate all aspects of this journey, to recognise all the small triumphs and to focus on how we feel and not just on how we look. Because even to lose 10lb is bloody hard work and a major triumph. 50lb will have done simply incredible things for your health and life expectancy! But the kind of weight loss that is noticeable and takes you down sizes and results in a gratifyingly quick improvement in looks is the last 20lb, not the first 20.

sometimes even at goal and well below goal in fact, I look in despair in the mirror and think I"ll never be where I want to be, now I'm trying to fight aging! We really must learn to appreciate ourselves simply because we are each wonderful.

There's also the harsh reality of feeling fat when you look in the mirror despite what you've lost..

That is where I am at now. I have lost 126 lbs in 10 months. I look and feel wonderful compared to last November.... I am wearing L instead of 3x tops and 18 or XL bottoms instead of 4x! But while I Celebrate my loss... I still need to lose 61 lbs to hit my personal goal and 81 to hit my Dr's goal for me. So I am still overweight. I am just not morbidly obese anymore!B) Its frustrating at times and feels as if I will NEVER get there..... but moreso I am in a much better place than where I was so for that I am thankful.

I will succeed. It may be 8 more months or 2 years.... but I WILL get there and I WILL keep it off !

That is where I am at now. I have lost 126 lbs in 10 months. I look and feel wonderful compared to last November.... I am wearing L instead of 3x tops and 18 or XL bottoms instead of 4x! But while I Celebrate my loss... I still need to lose 61 lbs to hit my personal goal and 81 to hit my Dr's goal for me. So I am still overweight. I am just not morbidly obese anymore!B) Its frustrating at times and feels as if I will NEVER get there..... but moreso I am in a much better place than where I was so for that I am thankful.

I will succeed. It may be 8 more months or 2 years.... but I WILL get there and I WILL keep it off !

OMG... that is wonderful.... Great job!!!smile.gif Keep up the great work.

I come on here at least once a day or every couple days....... and i keep reading the same thing..... I HAD THE SURGERY __ MONTHS AGO AND I'M STILL FAT. What did some of you think that you wold have WLS and the next day wake up THIN.....

NEWS FLASH....!!!!! It doesn't work that way... you have to still watch EVERY THING you eat (even more now), you still have to get up off your rear end and exercise..... LB surgery is not a SURE THING.... You have to work at it, and it takes time.

So the next time you start to post ...... i've only lost.__ pounds, remember you still have LOST WEIGHT... be happy and grateful. Work your tool and be grateful that you were able to have this procedure done in the first place.... Think of all the people who can't because of one reason or the other......

I means it one thing to complain about hitting a plateau when you are near the end.... but right at the beginning is when you are learning HOW TO EAT.... so give it time... one of the reasons that the dr. fills the band slow is so you can learn how to "re-eat".

Remember to follow the rules and do your part and the tool will help you succeed.....

Thanks and have wonderful.... Lapband day.

It really bothers me when people are so high and mighty that they post "news flash" and think they know it all. I could post the same thing with the way the band has worked for me, but it wouldn't make me more right than you are. The band works different for everyone. In my case, my post would be : "News Flash! The band works like magic if you have proper restriction! Quit whining people! It isn't hard work at all! You are only making it harder than it has to be! See what I mean .........

I'm down 95 lbs in 7 months. I am so happy and feel so good I sometimes forget that I have another 100+ to lose before goal. On a bad day I look in the mirror and think "ugh- I've worked so hard and I'm still so fat!" or "I could have lost more if I just didn't or did do this or that." It is such a mental thing.

I slow myself down and remember that this is lfestyle change to save my life and it will come off as slow as it needs to. I also know when I don't exercise as much or don't make great food choices it comes off slower. I am learning that I am in charge of my destiny (and my band!).

I'm down 95 lbs in 7 months. I am so happy and feel so good I sometimes forget that I have another 100+ to lose before goal. On a bad day I look in the mirror and think "ugh- I've worked so hard and I'm still so fat!" or "I could have lost more if I just didn't or did do this or that." It is such a mental thing.

I slow myself down and remember that this is lfestyle change to save my life and it will come off as slow as it needs to. I also know when I don't exercise as much or don't make great food choices it comes off slower. I am learning that I am in charge of my destiny (and my band!).

Wow...Tracie... that is great... keep up the great work, good job and i hope you continued success...

It really bothers me when people are so high and mighty that they post "news flash" and think they know it all. I could post the same thing with the way the band has worked for me, but it wouldn't make me more right than you are. The band works different for everyone. In my case, my post would be : "News Flash! The band works like magic if you have proper restriction! Quit whining people! It isn't hard work at all! You are only making it harder than it has to be! See what I mean .........

so are you saying that i bother you because i said.... News flash?...... I NEVER said i knew it all and i will never say that....

I said i wish people with be happy for what they are accomplished and stop whining about only losing .... What every the amount is in a small amount of time... Just want people to be happy for what they have done and stop wanting to "wake up thin"....

Are you one of the people that complained about losing weight slow? I lost weight slow... and never complained, i was happy for every pound.

Why does what i wrote bother you?

OMG... that is wonderful.... Great job!!!smile.gif Keep up the great work.

thanks I appreciate the support it sure feels great