Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 60 Mile Walk Challenge

If you'll have me, I'm in. I'm going to use the October 60 mile challenge to help me with my weight loss goal for the October SCARY Challenge!

Monster Mash May!

Tell me about your slipped band. How do you think it happened? Did you have surgery right away or did you wait to see if it would slip back into place? How was recovery for the revision vs the band placement?

My band is slipped, and has been for 6 weeks. I go for another follow up appt. Monday to see by fluoroscope if it's slipping back. I think my band slipped from frequent vomiting in the spring/summer when my allergies were awful and my stomach would get gunked/plugged up by post nasal drip, my NP thinks so too. I am (of course!) hoping it'll go back in place w/out surgery.

Joan

Size10-

My Dr. seems to think it was caused by the hernia. The band was irritating the hernia and attributed to my reflux which caused me to vomit, therfore, causing the slip. I had the band completely unfilled a couple of times, took Prevacid, etc.... Then it started all over again each time I started to be filled. I have a 10cc band, and only had 2cc's in when it started over and one day I just started throwing up everything including liquids. Went in the next day for a barium swallow which showed the slip and the hernia, had the hernia repaired and the band repositioned the next day and haven't experienced any problems since. Only it's taken much longer to get to a true level of restriction this time.

I'm wishing you well and hope things work out for the best. Now if I could just remember my password for the ticker, I'd add my miles walked. lol

Size10-

My Dr. seems to think it was caused by the hernia. The band was irritating the hernia and attributed to my reflux which caused me to vomit, therfore, causing the slip. I had the band completely unfilled a couple of times, took Prevacid, etc.... Then it started all over again each time I started to be filled. I have a 10cc band, and only had 2cc's in when it started over and one day I just started throwing up everything including liquids. Went in the next day for a barium swallow which showed the slip and the hernia, had the hernia repaired and the band repositioned the next day and haven't experienced any problems since. Only it's taken much longer to get to a true level of restriction this time.

I'm wishing you well and hope things work out for the best. Now if I could just remember my password for the ticker, I'd add my miles walked. lol

I was seen by my doctor yesterday and he said the band is still slipped and there is a hernia, too. My band is totally empty for the past 3 weeks. I take pecid 2X daily plus TUMS as needed. My repair surgery is scheduled for 12-8-11. I understand taking your time with fills after your repair. I will be extremely cautious about my future fills and will express this to my doctor and NP! I wish the repair could happen sooner but I will hang in there until I can have it. I still feel restriction so at least I am not gaining weight during this time of discomfort, lol.

Joan

FOUR miles today! I can't believe I did it! I totally pushed myself, and my feet are screaming, but the payoff is so worth it!

I just might have to do it again tomorrow :)

Happy walking, everyone!

I got in a little over 2 miles today. I will update my ticker tomorrow. Thanks for the motivation!

exercise.png

I am loving this challenge!

Joan

I'm going to say my one HR of zumba equals 2 miles cause that's what I can walk in that time.plus I did one HR of deep Water workout n 3 laps. that I don't know how to measure

4 Miles this morning punched up my walk with hand weights....Loving this audio book.

7 miles today!!! My husband was so impressed that he went running.

Im on pace for 60 miles this month, thanks for the challenge I needed it. Anyone do any 5Ks? Im thinking of doing my first on Thanksgiving Day here in Kansas City, just dont want to finish last lol :blink:

exercise.png

ok another class of zumba down !!! i have been to the gym 3x's already and its our nightly girls night walk ... 10 ladies and we walk 2-5 miles depends on how the one is feeling ..... so will add those tomorrow !!

LOVE this challange

exercise.png

Im a little late. Gotta catch up. Did some cardio kickboxing and cardio abs. Trying to change up my exercise routine but will always have time for walking.

I know I am really late, but would love to join if you all will have me. I know I will most likely not acheive the 60 miles, due to my schedule but I want to still participate in the challenge. The only time I will have time to walk is on the weekends, currently I do zumba late evening at home during the week. So I will walk as much as I can on the weekends. I did walk this past Sunday at the park while my boys played........4 miles.

Im on pace for 60 miles this month, thanks for the challenge I needed it. Anyone do any 5Ks? Im thinking of doing my first on Thanksgiving Day here in Kansas City, just dont want to finish last lol :blink:

You will definitely not be the last! I did a 5K about 8 weeks after surgery and had a pretty respectable time. I've never run in my life. I walked a lot with a little jogging in between. But I did it! That's the important thing. I'll be doing it again in February and don't even care if I run/jog at all. My fitness has improved this year, but my knees still hurt like crazy if I run, so I just walk a lot.

GO FOR IT!!!!!

Excited to do this! :) Thanks for setting this up! I have an eliptical that needs some lovin from me :P I will be starting tomorrow and 7 days behind, so lets see how far I get! :)