Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you or are you going to do anything special for your "Last Supper" so to speak?

Hey everyone I'm just days away from having to start my pre op diet on Thursday. My surgery is Oct 6th and I was wondering if anyone else is or has done anything special for their last real meal before the pre op diet started. I know I am. On Wendesday my husband and a I are getting my favorite calamari and a Pasta dinner with a bottle of my favorite wine, oh yeah I'm getting a dessert (sharing) since I'm probably not gonna be eating anything like this anytime soon if ever again ! What about you ??

I had habachi and sushi as my "last meal" lol and for dessert I had vanilla soft serve with wet walnuts and strawberries .. I've had it since with no problems (in much smaller doses though), and I've been losing consistantly since surgery. It's funny how I really thought and paniced about there being foods I'd never be able to eat again. Luckily I'm able to eat anything, although as time goes by and I get more restriction some things are getting harder to eat. But enjoy your last meal as it will be a while before you can enjoy real food again (other than liquids and mushies). Good luck!

Im suppose to start my pre-diet on Oct 4th, which is a 10-day Atkins (low carb) diet and my surgery is scheduled for Oct 14th... I am not a sweets fan and I don't really eat chocolate, so saying by to Desserts won't be a big deal for me but I enjoy carbs, carbs, and more carbs... I have really indulged a bit over the last week or so. I did mexican @ Pepe's, a nice burger @ Red Robins, and all you can eat Pasta @ Olive Garden. My last stop is Saturday... going to ALL YOU CAN EAT SHRIMP @ Red Lobster... Then Im going to start my pre-diet on Sunday the 2nd (a couple of days early). I also bought myself a treadmill, so i will be starting to walk on that as well because I have heard that walking helps with before and after surgery. So that's a little of my story. Good luck everyone!!! I'm counting down the days... (16 days away). YAY!!!

Tonight's the night. It's going to be homemade alfredo fettuccine and a nice fancy bottle of white wine.

Yay, I start my liquid diet on the 4th too! Although, I have to doing it until my surgery date on 10/18!

Im suppose to start my pre-diet on Oct 4th, which is a 10-day Atkins (low carb) diet and my surgery is scheduled for Oct 14th... I am not a sweets fan and I don't really eat chocolate, so saying by to desserts won't be a big deal for me but I enjoy carbs, carbs, and more carbs... I have really indulged a bit over the last week or so. I did mexican @ Pepe's, a nice burger @ Red Robins, and all you can eat Pasta @ Olive Garden. My last stop is Saturday... going to ALL YOU CAN EAT SHRIMP @ Red Lobster... Then Im going to start my pre-diet on Sunday the 2nd (a couple of days early). I also bought myself a treadmill, so i will be starting to walk on that as well because I have heard that walking helps with before and after surgery. So that's a little of my story. Good luck everyone!!! I'm counting down the days... (16 days away). YAY!!!

I had Chicago style pizza about a week before my surgery and started my preop the next day.

Oh goodness, I laughed at this post. I keep making fun that I will have a "Last Supper" with 12 of my closest friends sitting at the table with me. I too am a carb-a-vore, so this will certainly be an adjusment. I'm ready for the change though.

Good luck to everyone! I start my liquid diet on 10/4 and my surgery date is 10/18. Here's to ALL of us. May we all enjoy our "Last Supper" before our new lives begin!

-Deana

my surgery is set for december 1st which means that my first liquid diet day is november 17th. I was told that since my BMI is 46.5 i will have to do the liquid diet for two weeks. WELL my birthday is november 17th so it is safe to assume that i am starting that lovely liquid diet on November 18th. lol. HAVE to go to Carmines in A/C for my birthday dinner and of course have a canoli while I am there. what is one more celebration before the surgery? lol. good luck to you and much success.

My hubby took us to Red Lobster for endless shrimp and I got sick on the way over. :( I went in and ordered popcorn shrimp, ceasar salad, baked potato. Ate 1/2 my salad went to the car and slept while my son and hubby ate. They brought mine out and I was feeling better so ate a biscuit on the 45 minute drive home then ate the rest at home. Wasn't what he had planned but it worked!

I am now on day 6 of my pre-op diet and it does get easier each day! I started at 300 lbs and am now down to 283! Nothing like seeing the scale go down :P

I had a Festival of Last Meals! :) Went to my pre-op Aug 28 - weighed 255. Had to go to Dallas for 5 days and stayed with a friend. Every morning I had an Atkins Protein Drink and drank Water all afternoon. We went out to eat every night to places like Applebees, Chili's, mexican food, etc. and I ordered healthier items from the menu. At the airport I got trail mix since I won't be able to eat nuts or seeds for a long time.

Got back home 5 days before surgery. I stuck to the same plan....Atkins drink in the AM and 1 meal later in the day. My SPECIAL dinner request - RED LOBSTER - I love their lobster pizza appetizer and my hubby ordered an extra skewer of grilled shrimp for me....no rice or Pasta. But I did indulge myself in those cheesy biscuits!! Two days before surgery we went to Breakfast and had a family style meal with famous Apple pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs. My portion of the apple pancake was the size of a piece of pie. That night I drank an Atkins drink.

Next day - day before surgery I did the "clean out" then right before surgery I weighed 252 - YES I actually LOST 3 lbs during my festival of last meals. I know it was the Atkins, Water and keeping my portions small.

This has been a 4 year journey from the first Lap Band appt. I chose not to do it then, a year later broke my back. Then started a year ago again but now is my time. I started out weighing 302 and day of surgery was 252. I'm proud of that. I go Sept 28th, tomorrow, for my 1st post-op and my goal is to break under 240. Think I'm there!!

Hey everyone I'm just days away from having to start my pre op diet on Thursday. My surgery is Oct 6th and I was wondering if anyone else is or has done anything special for their last real meal before the pre op diet started. I know I am. On Wendesday my husband and a I are getting my favorite calamari and a Pasta dinner with a bottle of my favorite wine, oh yeah I'm getting a dessert (sharing) since I'm probably not gonna be eating anything like this anytime soon if ever again ! What about you ??

I went to Maggiano's and had a family style meal - 2 salads(caesar and maggiano salad), 2 appetizers (artichoke dip and calamari), 2 pasta's(Spaghetti & meatballs and Rigatoni D), 2 meats(Parmesian crusted Tilapia and chicken Marsala), and 2 desserts(Profiteroles and apple crostada) - all all you can eat. My friends that came with had left overs for two weeks! One of them is now thinking about getting a lap band so we can have another "last meal"! I had to do a 3 wk pre op diet, so I needed to make sure I had enough to get me through it!!

We went to Red Lobster and I had crab legs, shrimp, mashed potatoes, and a salad. It was wonderful. We also stopped for ice cream on the way home. I tried to not think of it as my last meal. I will be able to eat those things again, just in smaller doses. I'm on day 2 of my pre-op diet and evenings are the worst for me. Cooking for my family and then having cream of wheat with greek yogurt for my dinner. :(

But, I know it will be worth it.

Hi Everyone,

I start my pre op diet tomorrow, so my husband and I are going out for my "last supper" to an Italian restaurant here in Boston's North End which is the Italian area with great food. I'm stocked up for tomorrow and ready to start my journey. Surgery is 10/12.

I start my pre-op on the 6th. This weekend my husband and I will go to our favorite NYC steakhouse. First I will have a dirty martini (a special treat - rarely drink them anymore). We will share a caprese salad, then a Porterhouse steak for two (so wonderful!), mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. For dessert the creme brulee (and I'll talk him into getting a dessert too - so we can share two!). And wine. Lots of wine. Luckily it is only steps from our house cause he'll have to carry me (or drag me) home. This is usually our anniversary dinner and there is always lots of steak left over, my husband and dog will split it.

Hi Everyone,

I start my pre op diet tomorrow, so my husband and I are going out for my "last supper" to an Italian restaurant here in Boston's North End which is the Italian area with great food. I'm stocked up for tomorrow and ready to start my journey. Surgery is 10/12.

Good luck! I am the 12th also...lets keep in touch :blink: