Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omygosh!! I am so looking forward to the day that I enjoy clothes shopping!! I am going out with the hubby tonight so I went to Lane Bryant found a cute sequin top and a sweater. I fell in love..I looked at the price and to get both it would cost me $150.00 are you effin kidding me!!!! So then off to kohls..all things plus looks like its for someones grandma! Then off to ashley stewart..cheaper prices definitely lower grade material..found some cute things..go to the dressing room and everything looks stretched out and boxy! Ugghhh!! Now off to dress barn woamn..all for a shirt! Wish me luck!

if you really like the Lane Bryant outift find a coupon online i usally can save $50 good luck finding a shirt

I understand what you are going through 100%...to have nice, plus size clothes, Lane Bryant is the best place to go but they are SOOOOOoooooo expensive. I have already lost some weight waiting for surgery (November) and I got so sick and tired of going back to Lane Bryant to get clothes, that I have started looking at nice thrift stores. I figure I am not going to be in the higher sizes for much longer...and I am not going to go broke continuing to shop for them. I cannot wait to be able to shop in the regular ladies department, at ANY store, ANY price point and find nice clothes. Our day will come when we just walk past stores like Lane Bryant and into all the stores we just walked by and looked into for years.

The sad thing is that I went down to a size 12 last year. Haven't shopped in there for 2 years but once again I lost focus and stopped putting myself on the priority list! Oh yeah and why do they use skinny as# mannequins in a plus sized store?? They just have the clothes bunched up in the back..come on. At least get a full figured one..not saying it has to have "roll" but a little meat on it would be nice. I get banded Nov 9th.

Too Funny - LMAO, I have said that too - I think it's to trick you into thinking; well if they have that in my size I could look that good too - been there done that. I have a multitude of sizes - I am refusing to buy clothes right now - don't have much but will make do with what I have and hopefully some things that I have will just fit better and I can gradually fit in to some of the things I have that don't fit - I had a big bag filled up for our community yard sale this year and I said "ya know what - I am going to hold onto them one more year" though I said I was tired of saying maybe next year whenever I go through summer or winter clothes - this year I am saying "well hopefully I won't need this next year" my favorite is - I have had the same black (slimming - yeah right!) bathing suit for the last 3-4 years (lost count) it's either a little too small or a little big and this year a little snug - I am keeping it out - because I am going to hang that thing up where I can see it and I am saying "I absolutely refuse to put that thing on another year".

Good luck on your Jouney - my office is shooting for End of October Beginning of November - so I am right there with you.

The sad thing is that I went down to a size 12 last year. Haven't shopped in there for 2 years but once again I lost focus and stopped putting myself on the priority list! Oh yeah and why do they use skinny as# mannequins in a plus sized store?? They just have the clothes bunched up in the back..come on. At least get a full figured one..not saying it has to have "roll" but a little meat on it would be nice. I get banded Nov 9th.

That's awesome! I have the same bathing suit in a different color! I call those tankinis business suits..they have enough material for a job interview! Although the suit is pretty it aint pretty on me!! We are going to Turks and Caicos this summer...it sure would be nice to wear a pretty suit!!

Boy... Been there and done that. It's a Drag

Do you have a CATHERINE'S BOUTIQUE in your area ?

I moved so I don't know how it is run now. But ! if it's the same In store almost everything is on sale, not to mention the sale racks full. From T Tops to Elegant Dresses or Slack suites. They have it. Now they are on line, but I never seem to see anything that interests me. (have not looked in a while tough.)

When you sign up (for now) They will send you out coupons frequently for $35.00 to $50.00 off your purchase, then on a certain day. Take another 10% off your order.They honor as many coupons that you have that are legitimate. So when I was down state I bought all my stuff there.

Lane Bryant was to out of site with the prise, and Fashion Bug,,,, well I did not like their cloths at all. That's my opinion.

But if you have a CATHERINE'S, in your area,,, check it out...

Shirley

I just heard about Catherines today! I have to wonder if I should bother buying anymore clothes since my surgery is in Nov. I do have clothes that are smaller sizes since I lost 50 pounds last year for about a minute I actually liked shopping then.

I just heard about Catherines today! I have to wonder if I should bother buying anymore clothes since my surgery is in Nov. I do have clothes that are smaller sizes since I lost 50 pounds last year for about a minute I actually liked shopping then.

Wow! it's been a few years for me, but I think they start from a small size and go up to a 5 x.

I've always been pretty pleased with the selection at Fashion Bug. But I have saved so much money by buying all of my transition clothes at yard sales this summer. I just kept buying the next size down as I shrunk. I just hate the idea of buying new clothes that only fit right for a month or so.

Every now and then I'll break down and buy one nice pair of pants or new jeans, but I mostly go with the yard sale finds. When I get close to my goal - then I'll go out and buy some nicer things!

Do you have an Avenue in your area? They often have great in store sales and you can almost always find a $10 off $50 purchase. I buy all of my shoes there as well. Theyre awesome!!! If you dont mind shopping online - you can usually find a coupon for 40% off your highest item. And yes you can use this over and over again by placing a 1 item order! hehe

I was in Kohls last week. I cant wait to buy clothes in their misses department.....I love the Vera line and the new JLo line! I almost want to buy a goal outfit.....I dont know if thats a good idea though!