Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I personally was in a lot of pain, in fact the pain medication just took the edge off. It took a couple of days for me to feel the port after the swelling when down a little bit. Sting. I still have it once in a while. I personally think it is the nerves healing. Where my large incision is at is still completely numb, which is fine with me I can't feel the needle at all going in or out when the fills take place. I was out of work for 2 weeks, because I lift people for a living. Don't compare yourself to others, you will be discouraged. I agree a lot of people make the lapband sound so easy from the shakes to the surgery to post op and on. Umm ... not so much for me. I wish you the best of luck and hang in there it gets better! smile.gif

I had a Hernia DUG OUT ! , and the Lymph Nodes in the Groin removed (you can bet that was sore!)

So 3 things going on! the Hernia was seared shut from being burned with a Hot Rod like a Steak..

Then came the Band. So on the table for over 3 hrs... When I got home I found out the pain meds.

were not working for me. I called the surgeon, and he changed it. in a flash.

Yes I was sore, and had Gas also, but I got up and walked, and the pain pills were doing there job.

This is surgery, and yes you will be sore. (YOU GET A TOOTH PULLED AND IT HURTS !)

This does too, but meds make it liveable.and the Healing makes it liveable.

I really don't think were lying to anyone !

Anyone with sense knows this has got to hurt......... The Meds, Walking, Heat Pad make it liveable.

I couldn't find the port until around day 8 or 9! When my stomach was back to normal size, I was able to feel it, but had no idea where it was prior to that.

Everyone thank you so much for responding.

Common sense dictates that you research any procedure before having it done. Did that about 3 years.

So for all the pre op peeps It's Going To Hurt. I'm not going to sugar coat it like some Do. Do not lift anything, PERIOD.

The pain is not so severe on a scale of 1-10 the pain is about a 5. But on that scale of 5 it ranges from 1-20. That is a good description of the pain.

It's like getting à spanking. It hurts. Not life threatening but will avoid it if I can.

Hope this helps.

Please continue to respond. This is fascinating.

Everyone's experience is different. I had 5 incisions, and one small one. The big one is the port. I couldn't feel it for a long time because it was so swollen. Now I can feel it under my skin. Never had pain from the incisions and not much gas either. I'm glad about that. Been good so far. I get my first fill in another week.

Everyone has a different pain tolerance. I would rather have pain then gain!!! I am looking forward to the pain...BRING IT!!!

I have one incision and that was in my belly button. I have NO other cuts!!!!

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I was out and about by the third day. I had to come home and rest but it was not that serious. I went to work the following week

I was off pain medication completely after the fifth day. I only took it at night to help me go to sleep after the third day. I have had other surgeries and two children natural birth..... NO PAIN MEDICATION!!!!!! One of my children weighed 9 pounds at birth.

So to ME this was a piece of Cake..... I am sorry if you thought I lied to you. I had a good experience with the lap band and I EXPECTED far worst.cool.gif

Caramel,

Not at all. No worries. You were honest, thank you. You can only tell me about your experience and you did. Your experience helped calm me a lot more than anyone. Continue being honest and real.

@ Jim lol @ bring the pain.

I would rather go thru this than the misery of being obese and able to eat enough food for a family of 4 at one sitting. Yep, did that often.

Although I am whining and very cynical, I am very happy blasted pain and all.

QUESTION: I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO CHEATED?

I tried doing the 2 wk fast lost 10 pounds first week then ate once a day after that, up to the night before surgery. Also, I am now 4 days post op. Eating pudding, cream Soups and grits and eggs Kind of like grit and egg Soup but grits and eggs nonetheless

Also, and this is big, I can eat pistachios. One at a time. I chew it until it becomes like paste then I swallow it. Then I drink something.

Just curious if I'm the only one and ufr not how much have you list so far?

sorry double post

I had a bruise the size of a baseball and right under that was my port. If you are bruised it should be under the biggest bruise. Hope that helps. I agree it hurts and very uncomfortable for a good week but so worth it so hang in there!

Cheri

I am with you brother. I can't imagine the pain will be any worse than the pain I have had from diabetes complications. Bring it!

Everyone has a different pain tolerance. I would rather have pain then gain!!! I am looking forward to the pain...BRING IT!!!

Sorry, wrong thread. :rolleyes:

@ Thatchick..... I cheated while on my pre op diet. I ate a healthy dinner almost every night of my liquid diet. I could not stick to the liquid only thing.

I did stick to the clear liquid diet 24 hours before surgery. Post op I was allowed to eat mushie foods. Grits, oatmeal, tuna, soft eggs. So I never did a liquid phase after the surgery.

Now I am on solids and I can eat.... I still don't eat like I did before but I can eat well. I need a fill unsure.gif