Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't done as well as I would like this past week, but back on track today. Sharilo, that is great that you had a 4 pound loss this week. You rock, girl!!

Happy holidays everyone!!! I've lost 3!!! I dunno how. However I cooked everything for thanksgiving. It was low carb, low sodium and sugar free. I took a break from working out for 3 days. I also had a horrible slime episode from eating too fast. My 4th fill is on 12/08. I'm also winning the biggest loser contest at work. That's an extra 250 for me!!!

My kidneys are doing ok. I worked out today. I want insanity for Xmas. It's a work out DVD program that I heard is great.

Do you guys do Christmas dinner too? We just do a Christmas Breakfast.< /p>

Congrats Sharilo! That's awesome :)

Bromo, I think this is a hard week to live by the lap band bible for sure! At least you are back on track. I started over today using the my fitness pal again and paying attention to the Protein intake. Good luck!

Texas Bandit, awesome job on the weight loss! We do a Christmas dinner. Christmas celebrations got more complicated since my daughter decided to make her entrance on Christmas Eve, lol. Glad your kidneys are doing okay and that's way cool about the biggest loser contest at work.

Thanks, Dawn. It is hard sometimes to follow the rules, but this is for life not a diet, so it is just pick yourself up and get back on track. I just wish my dressing wasn't so darn good. lol

Christmas dinner here too, although not as extravagant as Thanksgiving. Much simpler. Glad to hear you are doing so much better, Texasbandit.

I am a happy camper. I made myself get on the scale this morning and have only gained 3 tenths of a pound this week. And that may be due to not getting my Water in anyway. Yay.

Question fellow banders.....

I am having a strange problem....

Some meals I eat and have absolutely no problem. Then, out of the blue, the next day I may nearly throw up after just a few bites. I'm chewing well and following the rules. Is anyone else having a problem like this? I am not understanding why some meals I can eat and others not.

I have the same problem! I cannot eat certain things like spinach. Yet tortillas I have no problem.

Thank you Bandit. That is exactly what happened one day. Ate a taco and burrito.....but later couldn't eat a piece of pork roast.

I haven't had a problem getting anything in. I mean, there is no foods that have made me sick or anything. Granted, I have only had one fill and have my second fill on Tuesday so we shall see how I feel after that. I have 4 ccs in right now.

I haven't found any food yet that I can't eat. I have had "stuck" episodes, but those were from eating too fast or not chewing enough. I've been real careful since my second fill though and haven't had a problem again, yet. I haven't been feeling well since Friday so haven't been eating much. And that's ok, but I also haven't been getting my fluids in either and that's not ok. I'm on antibiotics now (for pneumonia), so I'm hoping to be on the mend soon and get back with the program.

I had my second fill today. And some chastisement from my surgeon. I told him I don't feel restriction or fullness and eat the max on the food list. And I have been eating a cup of veggies instead of 1/4-1/2 cup. He said I shouldn't creep up on my portions and push the boundaries. That is devastating for a lap band. Sigh.

I lost 5 pounds in 5 weeks. Not bad, but on the low side of weight loss expected.

So I need to recommit to following the program and also be more diligent to exercise! I do NOT want to be the stat of those who fail!

(null)

The scale is moving again! Happy Happy camper. I am in the 220s today and only 7 pounds away from 50 pounds lost. This is a great day.

Bromo- that is awesome! Congrats!

Becky Jane- 5 lbs isn't bad and at least it was veggies you were eating more of, lol.

I am stressing bit, I had to pic one of my boys up from school because he has the stomach bug :(. I feel bad and I am also stressing about me getting it. I have not had any episodes of throwing up and I am so scared that I will get it but of course I am taking care of him so I am around the cooties :). My surgeon stitched the band to my stomach to prevent slippage but I am worried. Has anyone had any episodes of throwing up or the stomach flu?

Bromo - I haven't had any flu issues yet, just nausea. If having the flu was a big issue for the Lap-Band, I think we would have been warned to stay away from people! Certainly if the vomiting gets really bad, I know your doctor can prescribe something to settle it. So rest, drink plenty of fluids and wash your hands a LOT!

My scale is moving again today! My fill on Wednesday tightened things up and I can feel more restriction.

I went to get new jeans - for the winter I need something to keep my legs warm! I fit into a size 16!! That's four sizes down from last winter! I can't believe it - I mean, I suspect the clothing manufacturers of sizing up just to get me to buy clothes. ;-)

On another note, I've changed my ticker - the ticker factory login keeps failing and after several restarts, I'm trying a new one with Lily Slim - less choices but a better process.

Here's to much weight lost amongst us this month!

I hadnt been on in a while so I thought I would catch up on how everyone was doing! My life has been crazy busy lately so getting on here knowing that my weight loss is par with everyone elses is a relief! Just reading over the last few post I can say that I have noticed that I can pretty much eat whatever... if I CHEW! I have really had to pay attention to that and I am positive the few PB's I have had were from not chewing good. But do to my work I am use to having to inhale my food and eat on the run... or at least standing up. Anyways. Glad to see everyone is doing well!