Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my first fill this morning. Didn't think it would hurt as much as it did but it didn't last long. The PA found the port very quickly and inserted correctly the first time. She put 3 ccs into the band; said it wasn't much but it's what they normally put in at first fills. I have to be on liquids for 2 days and then back to normal food. I really hope i'll start feeling restriction because i've not felt anything during these last few weeks and ended up gaining and getting depressed! I hope for the best.

I had my 1st fill last Friday. It wasn't bad at all. The only problem was waiting for the doctor. He was hung up in surgery. I watched the yucky drink go down. It was quite awesome. I only got 1 cc of Fluid. He put in 2 ccs, but the drink wouldn't go down good, so he drew 1 cc out. It feels fine now. Was back on liquids through yesterday, and am now on soft foods until Thursday when I can eat whatever.

The only really bad thing going on right now is the fact that I have bronchitis. Went to my PCP last Thursday and got some good antibiotics and cough medicine. I'm still feeling really bad though. Came to work today but probably shouldn't have. May stay at home tomorrow.

Everybody take care! Peg

Hope you feel better!!!!!

I had my 1st fill last Friday. It wasn't bad at all. The only problem was waiting for the doctor. He was hung up in surgery. I watched the yucky drink go down. It was quite awesome. I only got 1 cc of Fluid. He put in 2 ccs, but the drink wouldn't go down good, so he drew 1 cc out. It feels fine now. Was back on liquids through yesterday, and am now on soft foods until Thursday when I can eat whatever.

The only really bad thing going on right now is the fact that I have bronchitis. Went to my PCP last Thursday and got some good antibiotics and cough medicine. I'm still feeling really bad though. Came to work today but probably shouldn't have. May stay at home tomorrow.

Everybody take care! Peg

Hope you feel better!!!!!

Thanks, Erika!

Everybody take care! Peg

That's why i chose to see the PA as opposed to the doc.......do they have one in your doc's office?

My surgeon is only in the office one day a week which is very inconvenient, and i was told by the nut in the office that the PA does as good of a job with the fills as the surgeon. She didn't offer to show me a swallow test or anything like that. It was a really quick appt and i just had to sip a 1/2 cup of Water in the waiting room to make sure it went down. Would love to see how my band is working inside of me......

Hope you feel better. Do you need to ask for special antibiotics (liquid or smaller pills) so they go down through the band? Or does it matter with antibiotics?

That's why i chose to see the PA as opposed to the doc.......do they have one in your doc's office?

My surgeon is only in the office one day a week which is very inconvenient, and i was told by the nut in the office that the PA does as good of a job with the fills as the surgeon. She didn't offer to show me a swallow test or anything like that. It was a really quick appt and i just had to sip a 1/2 cup of Water in the waiting room to make sure it went down. Would love to see how my band is working inside of me......

Hope you feel better. Do you need to ask for special antibiotics (liquid or smaller pills) so they go down through the band? Or does it matter with antibiotics?

Hi!

My first fill (as with all my docs patients) is done under flouroscopy so they can tell if everything is okay. My next one will be in my doctor's office with the PA or Nurse Practitioner.

My antibiotics are large, but I've been able to get them down. I tried emptying the contents of the capsule in some applesauce but that was way too nasty! I just swallow and pray now!!

Thanks, Peg

LOL. I never thought to ask anyone at the office what happens with antibiotics.....those are often horsepills! Glad they go down easily.

I guess every office is different. I think i would've liked to have had the fill under fluoroscopy but it was never offered........well, at least you won't have to wait so long for your next fills when you have appts with the pa or np. That's good.

Hope you're feeling better and are resting well.

HI! i have my 3rd fill tomorrow. I got banded 09/02/11. I am steadily losing thanks to my PCP doctor and my kidney pills! I'm at 268 now!

Hi September bandsters!

This is my first post out here. I have been snooping for a couple of weeks, but wasn't quite ready to "register" on the site.

I was banded on 9.29.11 and had my first fill this morning. The past two weeks have been tough, as I have been so hungry. I have seen the scale going down, though, so I've just been trying to work through my hunger. I am down 19 since surgery, so trying to stay positive about the progress.

I was surprised that they added 3 cc's to my band this morning, and found out I already had 3.25 cc's in there since surgery. I was a little upset that I didn't get to see a doctor today, but I loved the nurse practitioner. Not at all what I thought the first fill would be like. It wasn't painful at all! I go back in two weeks for the next fill (Thanksgiving week?!) so I'm a little nervous about being around all of that holiday food.

Does anyone know how to add the weight loss ticker on here? I still can't figure it out. :(

@jojo in ks - go to the Ticker Factory: http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=3 where you can customize your own ticker. I do have a few problems with updating my weight on this site, but when it works, it works well!

Forgot, then you have to copy the code they give you into your signature on this site - just troll around for the profile changes for your signature.

@jojo in ks - go to the Ticker Factory: http://www.tickerfac...gner.php?type=3 where you can customize your own ticker. I do have a few problems with updating my weight on this site, but when it works, it works well!

I could have spent my time in other ways, but I really wanted a handle on my weight loss numbers. I was confused as my scale at home was found to be not working. So, I went through my doctor visits this year and recorded my weight at the doctor's office. I started this journey last February. It took me a while to decide to do it, but while deciding I lost 20 pounds in 6 months. I got banded 9/19 and have lost another 20 pounds since then [including pre-surgery diet]. That is a total of 40 pounds down this year!

On the food front - I've been trying some new foods - salads seem to be fine as is apples, pork chops, quinoa and peppers both raw and cooked. What didn't settle well was cantalope and honeydew melon this morning. I think there is no way to predict, you just have to try the foods and see. I didn't vomit, just felt nauseous for several hours. I made myself eat a bland lunch and it is settling well.

I travel for the next couple of weeks - may not be able to post while on the road - with [hopefully] supportive friends. We'll cook a number of meals at my friends house and I'll be able to buy things i need. It is the temptations I worry about. My friends do like to eat well. On the other hand, I should get in a lot of walking. I just need to keep saying "no" to the Snacks and extras.

I put off my next fill until the week after Thanksgiving. Since my doctor is only in on Wednesdays, it would have meant being on liquids on Thanksgiviing - too much to ask given I'm cooking. I think it's funny that we will get a18 pound turkey and I'll eat 3 ounces!

I found [at Costco] some Garden Lite Souffles - Zucchini and pumpkin - low in fat and carbs, egg whites and great taste! The pumpkin souffle will be my "pumpkin pie" on Thanksgiving!

See you in a couple of weeks - weighing less!

I could have spent my time in other ways, but I really wanted a handle on my weight loss numbers. I was confused as my scale at home was found to be not working. So, I went through my doctor visits this year and recorded my weight at the doctor's office. I started this journey last February. It took me a while to decide to do it, but while deciding I lost 20 pounds in 6 months. I got banded 9/19 and have lost another 20 pounds since then [including pre-surgery diet]. That is a total of 40 pounds down this year!

On the food front - I've been trying some new foods - salads seem to be fine as is apples, pork chops, quinoa and peppers both raw and cooked. What didn't settle well was cantalope and honeydew melon this morning. I think there is no way to predict, you just have to try the foods and see. I didn't vomit, just felt nauseous for several hours. I made myself eat a bland lunch and it is settling well.

I travel for the next couple of weeks - may not be able to post while on the road - with [hopefully] supportive friends. We'll cook a number of meals at my friends house and I'll be able to buy things i need. It is the temptations I worry about. My friends do like to eat well. On the other hand, I should get in a lot of walking. I just need to keep saying "no" to the Snacks and extras.

I put off my next fill until the week after Thanksgiving. Since my doctor is only in on Wednesdays, it would have meant being on liquids on Thanksgiviing - too much to ask given I'm cooking. I think it's funny that we will get a18 pound turkey and I'll eat 3 ounces!

I found [at Costco] some Garden Lite Souffles - Zucchini and pumpkin - low in fat and carbs, egg whites and great taste! The pumpkin souffle will be my "pumpkin pie" on Thanksgiving!

See you in a couple of weeks - weighing less!

You're very smart putting off the fill till after thanksgiving. I could not imagine being on liquids while cooking or being around so many yummy foods! Besides, i'm a grump when i can't eat........am a grump today cuz i had my fill this morning......HATE being on liquids.

Have a great trip!

Had my first fill today. Down another 2 pounds for a total of 23. I was banded on 9/29. The fill was under flouroscopy. It didn't hurt but was just weird feeling. The Dr. put Fluid in but had to remove some when the xray showed that nasty contrast didn't want to go down.

I have to admit that I am really happy the weight is coming off, but I really thought it would come off quicker. It is very frustrating to only hear 2 pounds when you have been following the "diet" to a T :angry:

Sorry just needed to vent, kinda aggrevated today!!

Liquids today isn't helping with the hunger either.

Wishing all of us continued success in this LONG journey with many bumps in the road.

Just home from my last checkup and my surgeon and I agreed for me not to get a fill today since the plication seems to be doing its job. Got a pat on the back from him and the new nutritionist for a job well done!!! Made my day. Although his scales weighed me 2 pounds heavier, I did have on clothes there, so it was to be expected. So I am not going back for a couple of months unless I decide I need a fill. And he definitely told me if I decided to have one he would be happy to do it. So all is good.