Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I'm having my 1st fill this coming Friday. Any tips on what I should or shouldn't do beforehand that day?

On a different note, I just have to share this--found out last night that my daughter is going to have a baby. I'm going to be a grandma!!!! It's something I've prayed for for the past 3 years as my daughter and her husband had been trying so hard. That is going to be one special child, and I intend to spoil it rotten! Thanks for letting me share my news!

Peg

That's wonderful news!! Congrats!!

The start of our second month as bandsters begins today! Before long we will all be slim and healthy and seasoned bandsters. The time is going by so quickly for me, how about you? We made it through Halloween and on to the Thanksgiving holidays which means lots of family and food for many of us. I love that we are all here for each other and can support each other through the holidays to stay on track and learn a new way of enjoying the holiday season.

Hi! I've been out of town in cool and (snowy) Boone North Carolina! Yes they had a snowfall while I was there (though it burned off by Sunday morning it was a treat for a Floridian who never gets to see snow.

On the food front, it seemed to be easy traveling and making food choices. Some things didn't turn out as expected, but overall I was able to stay low carb and to top it off on the three day weekend I dropped 2 more lbs. We did a lot of hiking and exploring nearby Blowing Rock.

I can't believe that I started this on August 27th (preop diet) and here it is November 1. In just 2 short months I've lost 24lbs. Wow - it's amazing what a different person I already feel like. I'll bend over to pick up something and then go wait a minute, I haven't been able to do that in a long time without issues!

Then there is the feeling of clothes that fit instead of being about to pop a button at any moment. I'm really trying hard to rely on the several sizes of clothes in my closet instead of going on a spending spree when I know (isn't that funny how I know instead of wish) I will be going down more and they will be too big before long!

I found a book on my sister's bookshelf I hadn't seen in years Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution and read it from cover to cover on the airplane to see how his theory's fit with my new Doctor's low carb philosophy and got a couple of recipes in the process.

I'm so glad we put this group together because it really helps to share with everyone!

Thanks, bromo! I did make it through Halloween withou eating candy. We left the candy in a bowl outside (my DH does not like the doorbell ringing thru out his mystery movie) and then he took the leftovers to work. Sigh!

Thanksgiving is doable cause I'm the cook. I'll give myself a little plate, make some pumpkin custard without the pie crust, and enjoy the conversation.

Christmas will not be easy. I hope my new good habits will be deeply entrenched by then! Too much time sitting watching others eat and snack all will be difficult.

I see my PCP this week for blood work results to see how my Vitamin and mineral levels look, the A1C number, and whether I can reduce cholesterol meds!

I made it thru some bad choices yesterday - I was out running errands and decided to push and get a few more done, making lunch three hours late. Won't do that one again! I'm sure I'll know in future where I can get something to eat on the run, but yesterday my mind couldn't think of a single place. Need to work on emergency food in car or places I can eat within my diet. Too many things I haven't tried at home yet, and Minot willing to experiment in public yet.

Ate a good meal last night- chicken, summer squash and polenta- but nauseous a couple hours later. Did I eat too fast? Too much? Or is it that phantom nausea that appears during the week?

Hi All,

Last night, Halloween, didn't bother me at all. In fact, my hubby and I stayed in town and ate out. I had hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, and summer squash. Needless to say, I only ate about 1/3 of everything--so I have lunch for today!

I don't think Thanksgiving and Christmas will be too bad. I've gotten used to eating a small amount, and when I do the cooking--which I will this year--I'm usually not hungry when we sit down to eat.

I've done really well eating out (and we do that a lot). Haven't had any problems, but I don't overeat either. I'm very cautious with how much and how fast I eat.

Take care,

Peg

Hi All,

I'm having my 1st fill this coming Friday. Any tips on what I should or shouldn't do beforehand that day?

On a different note, I just have to share this--found out last night that my daughter is going to have a baby. I'm going to be a grandma!!!! It's something I've prayed for for the past 3 years as my daughter and her husband had been trying so hard. That is going to be one special child, and I intend to spoil it rotten! Thanks for letting me share my news!

Peg

Congrats on the grand baby! That must be so exciting! On the fill topic next time I will make sure to eat something that day. I had to do liquids after the fill and the next day and I was hungry when I went in there. I will def. not go to the next fill hungry. Other than that it wasn't bad. Good luck!

I was doing great after my surgery (9/21)...or so I thought. Losing weight, exercising. My largest incision hadn't completely healed. THere was one spot at the edge of the incision that felt like it had a piece of fishing line sticking out of it. It finally went away but I now have an infection at that site. It is sore under the skin but isn't red or hot. Last night a 2nd smaller incision began to hurt. I called the surgeon's office today and the nurse scared me 1/2 to death. Said she expected the 2nd incision would also reopen so the infection could get out. If I run a fever I am to get to their emergency room (that is 3 hrs away). Now, I'm paranoid about watching my incisions for signs problems. Has anyone else experienced any of this?

Had a dr app yesterday. The dr kinda annoyed me. I lost 10 pounds the month of oct (according to drs scale). I already told the nurse i am full at 1/2 cup and not snacking. He walks in and asks how i am. I reply with good and then he says lets fill you up. Ummmmm nooooo i tell him. I tell him i am still full on a small amt, stay full for hrs and dont snack. THEN he looks to see how much weight i lost. I dunno i was just annoyed with him. One of my incisions (small one) is oozing thick green goopy gunk. He insists its not infected, just healing slowly. I trusted this man to cut me open and put a foreign object in me, you'd think i would trust his opinion on an infection. Whatever. I will keep my eye on it and if its not better in a week i will call his office. On a happy note NONE of my preband dress slacks fit me anymore. 2 pairs of jeAns i still wear but they are way too big. I went thru the closet this weekend and all the big stuff is outta there!! I am sticking to the rules and pluggin away. Gettin skinney!!

J banded 9/22

The start of our second month as bandsters begins today! Before long we will all be slim and healthy and seasoned bandsters. The time is going by so quickly for me, how about you? We made it through Halloween and on to the Thanksgiving holidays which means lots of family and food for many of us. I love that we are all here for each other and can support each other through the holidays to stay on track and learn a new way of enjoying the holiday season.

Thanks, Bromo, nice post! I agree.

Jin and Janice, I am so sorry that the both of you are having problems with your incisions. At my last visit the one that is near where the bra sits was a bit red and my doctor had me use betadine on it and it cleared right up. I hope that neither of you have any further problems and heal on up. Sending good vibes your ways.

And Jin, congrats on the 10 lbs and getting rid of those big clothes!

Has anyone else been told not to eat lettuce/raw veggies for a couple of months? I was banded 9/7 and my nutritionist told me not to have any salad, carrots, celery, etc. until the beginning of November. I can have cooked veggies just not raw. I've been really craving a salad and can't wait until next week when I can have one.

Yes, my doc says 4 months until salad/raw veggies. I want a salad so badly.

I was feeling the same way till I had a nice talk with myself. I decided to focus on small stuff like making sure I was getting enough Water each day and Protein. I also increased my calories a bit. So far so good I lost 2 lbs sence my little talk. It's only 2lbs but it's progress and that makes me happy. Keep your head up.

Thank you DRCS and IamKim!