Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BeckyJane, did you ask about the nausea? Just curious.

Katyana, can you not measure your foods when you go home for 3 weeks? I measure all mine right now and don't yet have the confidence to eyeball it.

I'm Glad that everyone getting their first fills had a great experience!

But not me.

Basically, It sucked and then i cried!

I'm a chicken when it comes to needles, but generally I just look away and then i'm fine.

Not this time.

My surgeon couldn't find my port so he went in and out like 7 times,

with no numbing solution/shot/anything, so i felt everything.

Half way I started whimpering and tearing up.

They tried to give me 5cc, but when i drank Water if felt like it wouldn't go down so I ended up with 3.5cc in my band to start.

I got to my car after the whole thing and just broke down.

Sadness!

Yet, I'm fine now, just wish i had had some warning!

I'm so sorry to hear that. Thankfully you are ok now.

I"m not understanding why the surgeons or PA's are not finding some people's ports! Don't they feel it through the skin? I can feel mine now. Don't they write in the chart how to find it or any other pertinent info? Seven times going in and out to find a port that he/she inserted just sounds strange!

Hope today is better for you.

Tan_ya- Sorry you had such a bad experience! It took the NP 5 pokes to get mine but I was numb. I can't imagine how you felt. She said mine was more 'mobile' than most so it was just hard to stabilize. It is weird because I can totally feel mine and I would have thought it would have been easy to access. Will they numb you next time if you request them to? That seems a little inhumane to not use a little lidocaine. So sorry! Hopefully you get to the green zone fast so you have fewer and fewer fills :)

I just have to post a "Thank You" to Texasbandit. Several times you posted about spaghetti squash and it got me curious. I finally broke down and bought one and cooked it for supper tonight. With 2 oz chopped grilled chicken and a 1/2 cup of some Prego roasted garlic and parmesan sauce over 1/2 cup of the spaghetti squash I found a new meal that I really really like and will be having often!! I can't believe I went 57 years and never tried this!! Thanks again.

Katyana, can you not measure your foods when you go home for 3 weeks? I measure all mine right now and don't yet have the confidence to eyeball it.

In some situations, I will be able to, but in others, no. Basically, I am going to be bouncing around visiting family for a fair chunk of the trip. When I am at my mom's, I will be able to measure (she doesn't have a kitchen scale, but I can make do with measuring cups) - she knows about the surgery, and is being super supportive. But when I am visiting my cousins or my aunts and uncles... I just don't want to be a pain in the butt, you know? Like, "yay, thanks for letting me stay with you, and cooking and all. Do you mind if I second-guess your food choices and take over your kitchen utensils?" It just feels like an embarrassing combination of ... poor manners and high maintenance, you know? Maybe I just need to be more aggressive, but I don't want my family to feel put-out by me. We're a really close family, and I know they'd understand, but I just feel weird about it.

I think that what I am going to try and do is err on the small side. Given that I am on vacation, I don't think I have to worry about **under-eating**... so I'll estimate what I think is the right amount (like, say, half a cup of veggies), and then remove some. That seems to be the safest bet.

Thanks for the shoulders!

And responses!

I think tomorrow will be better,

Had a deep cleaning at the dentists so ,

my teeth are as sensitive as my stomach!

Why am I not losing ANYTHING?

I was banded 9/19. I had no pre op diet but lost 17 pounds during my liquid post op. I have followed every rule, journaled every speck of food and had my first fill 2 weeks go. (2cc's). I have not lost one single pound in three weeks. Does anyone have any ideas?? I'm trying to be positive but feel like crying.

I am loving my band and plication right now!! Having been out all afternoon and not have anything to prepare for dinner ready, I stopped by my absolute favorite BBQ place brought home some pulled pork, collards and green tomatoes. In the past I could have finished the whole plate and still had room for dessert. The first bite was heaven as I haven't had any for months. I fixed my salad plate and it was full but less than half of what was in the take out box. And I couldn't eat it all!! This would never never ever have stopped me in the past, being full, but now I am super satisfied and still have another meal, or more, in the fridge. I couldn't be happier right now.

I know what you mean. I love the fact that I stop at my first feeling of satisfaction. I would have kept on going until finished before. I am so afraid of getting stuck again that I am very aware of how I feel. Very nice having leftovers. I did screw up tonight I came home and was so hungry that without even thinking I popped one of those big stuffed blue cheese olives in my mouth and chewed it but definitely not enough and for about an hour I regretted it. The band definitely is trying to stop mindless eating !

quote name='bromo' timestamp='1319847459' post='1679402']

I am loving my band and plication right now!! Having been out all afternoon and not have anything to prepare for dinner ready, I stopped by my absolute favorite BBQ place brought home some pulled pork, collards and green tomatoes. In the past I could have finished the whole plate and still had room for dessert. The first bite was heaven as I haven't had any for months. I fixed my salad plate and it was full but less than half of what was in the take out box. And I couldn't eat it all!! This would never never ever have stopped me in the past, being full, but now I am super satisfied and still have another meal, or more, in the fridge. I couldn't be happier right now.

Your losing about the same rate as me. I was banded on the 14th of Sept . I had no pre-op and haven't lost much since my total liquid but you're still ahead of me and it's supposed to be OK. I think my problem is not enough calories or Water so I am really amping that up this week and see if it kickstarts anything. Good luck. and make sure your drinking enough!

Why am I not losing ANYTHING?

I was banded 9/19. I had no pre op diet but lost 17 pounds during my liquid post op. I have followed every rule, journaled every speck of food and had my first fill 2 weeks go. (2cc's). I have not lost one single pound in three weeks. Does anyone have any ideas?? I'm trying to be positive but feel like crying.

Your losing about the same rate as me. I was banded on the 14th of Sept . I had no pre-op and haven't lost much since my total liquid but you're still ahead of me and it's supposed to be OK. I think my problem is not enough calories or Water so I am really amping that up this week and see if it kickstarts anything. Good luck. and make sure your drinking enough!

I was feeling the same way till I had a nice talk with myself. I decided to focus on small stuff like making sure I was getting enough water each day and Protein. I also increased my calories a bit. So far so good I lost 2 lbs sence my little talk. It's only 2lbs but it's progress and that makes me happy. Keep your head up.

Hello, checking in for my weekly Sunday weigh in. Started week five this week, also had my first fill on the 25th. I have the okay to work out now so I began using the elliptical. My plan is to now increase my exercise to five days as opposed to three times a week for thirty minutes. Hopefully I can increase my Fluid intake going forward because that seems to be the hardest endeavor to date. I wish everyone a successful and productive week.

weight.png

this post is full of shouldn'ts. I had a busy moring with lots of errands to do by a certain time. I got up late and so ran out the door without any Breakfast of any sort (1st shouldn't) and starting running my errands. Shortly after one I realized I was weak and had some hunger so I pulled through Taco Bell drive thru (2nd shouldn't) and when I thought about how I was going to have to eat in the car on the run to my last errand, I ordered off the "diet" fresca menu rather than getting the Beans I knew I should have (3rd shouldn't). I carefully ate half the Fresca Bean Burrito while driving (4th shouldn't) and finally finished my errands and got home. As I went to enter my lunch into MFP, I was shocked at the amount of calories and carbs were in the "diet" burrito. The sign at TB did say low in fat, and they were right, it was low in fat but that "diet" burrito was 350 calories and 56 grams of carbs!! How does that equal "diet" in any way. Thank goodness I could only eat half. So I learned a lesson today. Never leave the house without some sort of Protein, order what you know you can eat safely, and take time to enjoy your lunch. lol

Hi All,

I'm having my 1st fill this coming Friday. Any tips on what I should or shouldn't do beforehand that day?

On a different note, I just have to share this--found out last night that my daughter is going to have a baby. I'm going to be a grandma!!!! It's something I've prayed for for the past 3 years as my daughter and her husband had been trying so hard. That is going to be one special child, and I intend to spoil it rotten! Thanks for letting me share my news!

Peg

Can't help you with the fills, Peg, but can say CONGRATULATIONS!! on becoming a Grandma. I never understood it until mine came, but there is nothing in this world like grandchildren. I have 7 now, but the love just keeps growing! Have fun spoiling yours and shopping for him/her. They make the cutest things nowadays that grandmas just can't resist! Yay! for you and your daughter and SIL.