Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yikes! That is scary. Glad you're all right now!

Good to see you back with us, Texasbandit and glad you figured it out. I am off to read your blog.

Helllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back B******! read my blog! Finally figured out why I wasnt losing!

Anyhoo. I had my first slime yesterday and I spit up. It was scary, very scary. I was eating a ceasar salad that had some hard chicken on it. I was on the phone and eating and going waaaay too fast. Well after a few bites I felt a lump in my chest and a sick feeling. I ran to the bathroom and long strings of spit and slime started to come up. I tried to burp and i felt a pain in my band. I spit up some of the chicken and felt a little better. I was dry heaving for a bit then I waiting till I felt better.

So much for my work luncheon. I'm just glad I didnt puke on my boss!

read your blog post and am happy for you that they figured out what was going on. Wonder why no one else picked it up...specifically the surgeon after all the preop testing that they do!!

OMG you know I jiust realized that when they did take my blood work at true results they did say that my liver and kidney enzymes were elevated. I did ask why, but was told cause I was over weight. Obesity causes a fatty liver and my HBP could be the reason why they came back elevated, but it wasnt anything to be concerned about. So i just moved on.

I may actually make my goal for 10/31 which is to be 270!! at 271 now I'm the thinnest I've been in about 7 years. i've been working so hard since being banded. I now feel like this is working for once. I just hope that my kidneys are o.k. I know my dad had kidney failture at an early age, but he recovered. I thank god for my PCP listening to my whole story. She was so proud i've lost so much weight and felt bad I was so frustrated. I've had her as a doctor for less than a year. Most doctors i've had didnt do much and referred me to a nutritionist.

Going for my first fill! Tell you all about it later!

Going for my first fill! Tell you all about it later!

Good luck! I had my first one yesterday and it was weird! That is the only way I can describe it. They used lidocaine so it didn't hurt at all, just the lidocaine shot was a little pinch. She said my port moved around more than some so it took her 5 pokes to get the port. I was freaking out that maybe it had flipped or something but she said she could tell it was attached but just moved more than others. When she did get it it was just so weird. She expected the dr. to have put in 1 cc just to 'prime' it but I had 2 ccs in it so she only added 2 ccs. I have a 14 cc band so she said they usually put in a little more. Anyways, I have done fine with the liquids and have a little bruising but no pain. I am anxious to try soft foods tomorrow and then on to 'regular' food after a couple days of soft. Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

OMG you know I jiust realized that when they did take my blood work at true results they did say that my liver and kidney enzymes were elevated. I did ask why, but was told cause I was over weight. Obesity causes a fatty liver and my HBP could be the reason why they came back elevated, but it wasnt anything to be concerned about. So i just moved on.

I may actually make my goal for 10/31 which is to be 270!! at 271 now I'm the thinnest I've been in about 7 years. i've been working so hard since being banded. I now feel like this is working for once. I just hope that my kidneys are o.k. I know my dad had kidney failture at an early age, but he recovered. I thank god for my PCP listening to my whole story. She was so proud i've lost so much weight and felt bad I was so frustrated. I've had her as a doctor for less than a year. Most doctors i've had didnt do much and referred me to a nutritionist.

Sorry - it must be the day for double posts...

Congrats on figuring this out and for your weight loss!! I get my first fill tomorrow, and I sure hope that changes things for me. I've been pretty good (not perfect), and feel like I should have lost a lot more than I have.

I too was told that my liver function tests were elevated, and they had to do a biopsy of my liver when I had the band put in. I was scared and crazy waiting to hear that everything was ok from the biopsy, and it was. I too am struggling to lose weight, so I think I'll talk to my PCP to see if that could be affecting my weight loss. I've always retained Water badly so maybe it's catching up with me.

Good luck to all of you who are getting your first fills!!

I sent an email to the pa telling her that i'm not feeling any restriction no matter how much i eat and that i've gained 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I think the office is closed today so i'll probably hear from her tomorrow. I guess it could go both ways....either she will give me an earlier appt for my first fill, or she'll tell me to watch what and how much i eat until my scheduled appt. The way i figure is that if i was able to do that so easily, i wouldn't have needed to get the band, would i?? We'll see.

I have my first big test this weekend - I am flying to Tennessee tomorrow night, to spend 4 days with my family. I am not so concerned about making healthy choices, because I feel pretty confident that I can do that. What I am concerned about is tracking and portion sizes. Being somewhere with no kitchen scales, no measuring cups, and just eating what other people make for me... it isn't a big deal at a restaurant, because it is just one meal and I figure that, even if my measurements or calorie / Protein estimates are a little off , it won't really hurt much overall. Four days, though, is a little more scary.

It's a good practice run for me, though, to get ready for Christmas. I am going home for more than 3 weeks this year, so I will need to be comfortable with measuring things by eye. You guys would laugh at me if you saw me in my kitchen - I am constantly doing mini-tests. I eyeball something, say "mmmm, I'd guess that's 3/4 cup", and then measure it to check. I am getting more accurate each day. :)

*fingers crossed*

First fill! The doctor used lidocaine so I didn't feel a thing. A bit of a flush, sort of like a hot flash, that lasted a second. The sip of Water stayed down, so I'm ready to go. liquids today; puréed tomorrow and then normal Friday. I can try an apple, salad, sweet potato and oatmeal- not at the same time or the same day, but soon! I had lost 4 pounds in the last few weeks, but I know none if that was in the last two weeks (PCP appt) so I have definitely slowed on the weight loss. Now time to go beyond walking.

We scheduled my next visit for 5 weeks so I don't have to do liquids on Thanksgiving! My doctor said he normally sees 7-10 cc as normal once the adjustments are made. I had 1.5 at surgery and 2 today. I was told normal self-discipline required until that green zone happens. In other words, it might take a few months to really feel the restriction at the right amount of food. So we have to hang in there and help each other stay on track while the band begins the work. No over eating just because we can!

Now if I can get the Constipation under control! His advice: try different products at half and full strength and see what works for me. Argh!

First fill! The doctor used lidocaine so I didn't feel a thing. A bit of a flush, sort of like a hot flash, that lasted a second. The sip of Water stayed down, so I'm ready to go. Liquids today; puréed tomorrow and then normal Friday. I can try an apple, salad, sweet potato and oatmeal- not at the same time or the same day, but soon! I had lost 4 pounds in the last few weeks, but I know none if that was in the last two weeks (PCP appt) so I have definitely slowed on the weight loss. Now time to go beyond walking.

We scheduled my next visit for 5 weeks so I don't have to do liquids on Thanksgiving! My doctor said he normally sees 7-10 cc as normal once the adjustments are made. I had 1.5 at surgery and 2 today. I was told normal self-discipline required until that green zone happens. In other words, it might take a few months to really feel the restriction at the right amount of food. So we have to hang in there and help each other stay on track while the band begins the work. No over eating just because we can!

Now if I can get the Constipation under control! His advice: try different products at half and full strength and see what works for me. Argh!

My Aunt suggested Miralax to me, and it has helped!! Since my gallbladder was removed, I have not had that problem, so I did not know where to start. She's got her phd in nursing, so I figured it was pretty reasonable advice!

My Aunt suggested MiraLAX to me, and it has helped!! Since my gallbladder was removed, I have not had that problem, so I did not know where to start. She's got her phd in nursing, so I figured it was pretty reasonable advice!

You sound like me, post gallbladder removal there is no Constipation and I can't eat greasy food either!

Until you get a lapband anyway!!

I'm Glad that everyone getting their first fills had a great experience!

But not me.

Basically, It sucked and then i cried!

I'm a chicken when it comes to needles, but generally I just look away and then i'm fine.

Not this time.

My surgeon couldn't find my port so he went in and out like 7 times,

with no numbing solution/shot/anything, so i felt everything.

Half way I started whimpering and tearing up.

They tried to give me 5cc, but when i drank Water if felt like it wouldn't go down so I ended up with 3.5cc in my band to start.

I got to my car after the whole thing and just broke down.

Sadness!

Yet, I'm fine now, just wish i had had some warning!