Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DRCS -- i got semistuck on a raw carrot. I have no fill. I say semi stuck bc i slimed a few times, stood up and walked around and it went down. There was no pbing. I am scheduled for a fill 10/31 but at the point i will not be getting one. I feel some restriction, can stay full for 4-5 hrs on half c of food and im loosing consistently. My carrot episode really reminded me to chew chew chew lol.

J

I can't believe that no matter what I eat if it's not chewed to a puree and then time in between each bite it gets stuck. I was in a hurry this afternoon and just tried to get something quick so I grabbed a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Two spoonfuls and the pain came and I was done. I'm sure I didn't chew it as much as I should but geez it was only cottage cheese! Did my errands came home and figured I had better get something to eat now sooo I had some Hummus with roasted pepper and a few crackers and of course didn't take long and I was stuck again. I HAVE HAD NO FILLS SO HOW CAN THIS BE !!!

I try the walking around but it doesn't work for me unless it comes up and out I'm screwed. When was your surgery? You haven't had a fill and you feel restriction?

[quote name='JinTx' timestamp='1319566243' post='1678014']

DRCS -- i got semistuck on a raw carrot. I have no fill. I say semi stuck bc i slimed a few times, stood up and walked around and it went down. There was no pbing. I am scheduled for a fill 10/31 but at the point i will not be getting one. I feel some restriction, can stay full for 4-5 hrs on half c of food and im loosing consistently. My carrot episode really reminded me to chew chew chew lol.

J

That is the strangest thing, since i'm having the opposite effect!! I can eat eat eat, not chew carefully and not have any problems!!

Is it possible that they filled the band a bit during your surgery? I know my doc left mine open with no fill.

@bromo

An advantage to pilation! I will be curious to see how we all fair- those with compared to those without pilation.

I do get nauseous at times and can't explain it. It lasts an hour or so and only liquids seem safe. I tend not to vomit with stomach flu, so maybe it's the same issue for both of us. I see the surgeon tomorrow and plan on asking. Wondering if it might be related to the Constipation I've been dealing with.

BeckyJane, thanks for replying. If it were a major deal I would call right away but it soon passes and I am fine. Just doing liquids/soft foods today as a precaution. I don't throw up easily either so maybe it is a side effect of the plication. Let me know what your doctor says tomorrow!!

Has anyone else been told not to eat lettuce/raw veggies for a couple of months? I was banded 9/7 and my nutritionist told me not to have any salad, carrots, celery, etc. until the beginning of November. I can have cooked veggies just not raw. I've been really craving a salad and can't wait until next week when I can have one.

Has anyone else been told not to eat lettuce/raw veggies for a couple of months? I was banded 9/7 and my nutritionist told me not to have any salad, carrots, celery, etc. until the beginning of November. I can have cooked veggies just not raw. I've been really craving a salad and can't wait until next week when I can have one.

Yes mine told me no raw veggies or lettuce for SIX months!!!! Crazy long, huh?

Yeah that's what I thought so I asked the other day and they said they put nothing indry.gif. Be very careful once they fill you and don't forget because it is the worst feeling ever ! But without a doubt it is all well worth it and I would do it again pain or no pain.

That is the strangest thing, since i'm having the opposite effect!! I can eat eat eat, not chew carefully and not have any problems!!

Is it possible that they filled the band a bit during your surgery? I know my doc left mine open with no fill.

Yes mine told me no raw veggies or lettuce for SIX months!!!! Crazy long, huh?

Six months??? Wow, that is long time!! My problem is I don't really care much for cooked mushy veggies. I way prefer them raw. Going six months without would be really hard.

ugh, double post

I had my first fill today, everything went smooth and the Water went down okay. Along with the plication I had a fill during surgery totalling 3.5 ccs. I had a fill of .5 ccs. My current weight is 196 for a total loss of 23 pounds, three of which were pre-op. I hope to start working out more as I currently walk 3 times a week. Wishing everyone continued success.

I had my first fill today, everything went smooth and the Water went down okay. Along with the plication I had a fill during surgery totalling 3.5 ccs. I had a fill of .5 ccs. My current weight is 196 for a total loss of 23 pounds, three of which were pre-op. I hope to start working out more as I currently walk 3 times a week. Wishing everyone continued success.

Sharilo- ugh, ditto on the double post.

Helllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back B******! read my blog! Finally figured out why I wasnt losing!

Anyhoo. I had my first slime yesterday and I spit up. It was scary, very scary. I was eating a ceasar salad that had some hard chicken on it. I was on the phone and eating and going waaaay too fast. Well after a few bites I felt a lump in my chest and a sick feeling. I ran to the bathroom and long strings of spit and slime started to come up. I tried to burp and i felt a pain in my band. I spit up some of the chicken and felt a little better. I was dry heaving for a bit then I waiting till I felt better.

So much for my work luncheon. I'm just glad I didnt puke on my boss!