Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know i can have hummus as well but i've always liked it with crackers.....I can't stomach eating it straight up though.

I have the BodyBugg sp which is really great for keeping me on track and motivated!

Also comes with a food log online and access through smartphones!

lots of fun!

just not using it right now since i'm day 5 post-op

I have no doubt you'll use it again soon!!! I'm 19 days post op, and I wish I had it by about day 9. I looked at the BodyBugg also, and settled on the Fitbit because of the price. The BodyBugg was a lot more expensive, and you had to pay extra for the web stuff. From what I understand, the BodyBugg is probably more accurate regarding the activity calories, but it said that the Fitbit underestimated activity, so I figure it's ok if I actually get more activity than reported!! Like I said, my main reason for choosing the Fitbit was price, but anyone interested should probably look at both and make their own decision!

I know i can have hummus as well but i've always liked it with crackers.....I can't stomach eating it straight up though.

Haha, that's funny because I was looking at it last night trying to think of what I could eat with hummus but I couldn't think of anything but crackers or pita bread..... sure looked good though :)

Agreed! Seriously... if your tummy is rumbling, at least you didn't grab for ice cream or something really bad. I've had a few pieces of Canadian Bacon and I'm cool with that. This is a lifelong marathon, not a sprint!

Some advice: try to not set yourself up for failure by trying to be perfect! 2 bites does not failure make!

I was banded Sept 20, and my overall weight loss over the past 30 days (when I began the pre-op preparation diet) is 18 pounds. My wife says she can tell a difference; my tummy feels flatter, and I have just a slightly easier time walking now. I've passed the 2 week post op point, at my 3 week point I go in for the first check up and THEN I'll be given the go ahead for soft foods... although I have snuck a few high-protein things in, MY STOMACH RUMBLES A LOT! But the good thing is, it stops after just a little bit of food - I don't need two pieces of left over fried chicken to do it and that's how I'm going to win this war finally, I think.

I have no doubt you'll use it again soon!!! I'm 19 days post op, and I wish I had it by about day 9. I looked at the BodyBugg also, and settled on the Fitbit because of the price. The BodyBugg was a lot more expensive, and you had to pay extra for the web stuff. From what I understand, the BodyBugg is probably more accurate regarding the activity calories, but it said that the Fitbit underestimated activity, so I figure it's ok if I actually get more activity than reported!! Like I said, my main reason for choosing the Fitbit was price, but anyone interested should probably look at both and make their own decision!

I got the Fitbit as well. At least for now, I prefer something that I can wear discreetly all day (I couldn't wear the BodyBugg at work). I might try the BodyBugg later, just to strap on for exercise, but at this point, I am really happy with Fitbit. :D

I graduated from the full liquid stage. It was tough at times but now that it is behind me it really wasn't that bad.

I've enjoyed a baked potato, chicken salad on toast, and navy bean Soup. (not all in one day of course). I get hungry just before it is time for my next meal so I'm not suffering. I'm stuck at 300.0 lbs. I can't budge one more ounce so that I can drop into the two hundreds. I am still swollen around the portal site and I haven't had a fill yet, It will come in time. I'm being faithful to my exercise and working back up to where I was pre-op. I even braved 10 sit ups today and no severe pain from the incisions.

My daughter says she can already tell I've lost weight. No one at work has mentioned it though. Since I started working out and eating healthy July 1st, I've lost 20 lbs.

I read all of your posts and they are so informative and encouraging. It is such a help going through this experience.

Keep it up gang.

I agree! Hummus without crackers or baby carrots is not worth it to me. Same with baba ganoush!

I graduated from the full liquid stage. It was tough at times but now that it is behind me it really wasn't that bad.

I've enjoyed a baked potato, chicken salad on toast, and navy bean Soup. (not all in one day of course). I get hungry just before it is time for my next meal so I'm not suffering. I'm stuck at 300.0 lbs. I can't budge one more ounce so that I can drop into the two hundreds. I am still swollen around the portal site and I haven't had a fill yet, It will come in time. I'm being faithful to my exercise and working back up to where I was pre-op. I even braved 10 sit ups today and no severe pain from the incisions.

My daughter says she can already tell I've lost weight. No one at work has mentioned it though. Since I started working out and eating healthy July 1st, I've lost 20 lbs.

I read all of your posts and they are so informative and encouraging. It is such a help going through this experience.

Keep it up gang.

MMM, baked potato sounds good! Please be careful with the sit-ups. My doc says no crunches or sit-ups until at least a month to 6 weeks postop.......every other exercise is fine.

I have a BodyFit which is just like the Body Bugg. It was $200 at costco and worth every penny. I've been using it since about March and i love it. The first yr of we access was free compared to buying it somewhere else tha was a great deal because it's usually $7 a month for the web access.

Today, Tuesday, was one week post op and i was able to move to full liquids, thank God. I got on the scale and I had lost 10.3 lbs in that one week! I was very pleased. I started walking at least 30 min a couple days ago and plan to do so everyday until I am able to get back to my regular workouts. My shoulder pain left yesterday, another thanks to God because that was awful.

My doc also said no hard workouts that are going to involve the abs for 6 weeks.

My wife says she can tell a difference; my tummy feels flatter, and I have just a slightly easier time walking now.

That's awesome Donnie. My DH last night told me he could see a different. I think it takes longer for people that see us everyday. Keep up the good work!

J

Hi everyone, I am glad that everyone is doing so well. So proud of us, we are really loosing those pounds. Right now I am sitting here eating some eggs and mashed potatoes with milk to make it all nice and soft. It is so good! I am going to the Y tonight. First night it is going to be awesome. 14 post op 22 total. Banded on the 16th.

MMM, baked potato sounds good! Please be careful with the sit-ups. My doc says no crunches or sit-ups until at least a month to 6 weeks postop.......every other exercise is fine.

I told my surgeon what my trainer wanted me to do and he gave me the green light to do it after two weeks. I seem to be fine.

I told my surgeon what my trainer wanted me to do and he gave me the green light to do it after two weeks. I seem to be fine.

Good for you!! :) Always good to double check. Good luck to you!

My nut says i should have 1/2 cup at each meal but i'm finding that i can get down much more than that cuz i'm just not full! Anyone else feeling this? Don't get my first fill for another 3 weeks.