Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 9/22. Had phone follow up with office RN (i had to work). Turns out my shoulder pain WAS NOT normal! It didnt start till 3 days post op and hurt when i took deep breaths! Turns out it was the Fluid they put in my band combined with the stomach swelling (normal for post op) that was being to restrictive and causing pain! So they removed 3.5cc (all of it) from my band and boom! Instant relief! I also got the joy of a diet upgrade today! I can have over cooked large Pasta with sauce, canned tuna/chicken, canned (soft) fruit, baked potatoe with no skin, and soft cooked veggies. i had some bumblebee canned chicken salad for lunch and had a steamer freshbpasta with broc. All very yummy after almost a month of liquids! BUT a total mental adjustment for the amount I eat which seems like very little! Oh and 19 pound down! yipee!

Banded on 9-13 and had my 2 week post-op today. I've lost 14 lbs in 14 days!!!!

First lap band appt 4 yrs ago - weighed 302

Started a year ago again - weighed 261.

Sept 13 Surgery - weighed 252

Today - weighed 238

They took my staples out - I cried and got lightheaded it hurt so much! Boy, I'm so glad to get them out cause they were sticking me. I haven't been getting enough fluids between the Protein Drinks and Water so they are concerned I am dehydrated. They said if I don't start getting more fluids they will give me an IV at the hospital - YIKES - that's not for me!!

I am released to start pureed foods now. Someone recommended Trader Joe's so I went by there on the way home. Got one of each soup! I bought a bunch of 2 oz metal cups (like restaurant cups for sour cream, etc.) and I filled it with 2oz of the Cream Corn Soup. It was so good. Next time I'm going to blend some chicken with it in the magic bullet.

I was banded on Sept. 15 and day 2 was the worst. I had really bad gas pains that shot up to my shoulder and neck. I was eating Gas-X like candy. I am now almost back to normal. I am finally eating a little more. In fact, today I have been really hungry. I go for my first fill Oct. 13. I hope everything goes ok with that.

I was banded on the 8th of September. I have lost 14 pounds as of today 09/28/2011. The doctor put fill in for me, I think the nurse said 4cc. The 20th of October I will get another fill.

I am on normal foods now.

The question is after I eat a small amount it feels like it is hanging up a little above my breast. Is is telling me that I am full and just need to stop until it tells my brain I am full, or am I eating too fast and taking too big of bites. I really eat slow and take small bites.

I hate pureed but I'm dedicated to doing it. So I've been trying to figure out what to fix that I like. Here's a recipe I came up with that;s low in carbs and yummy.

chicken Alfredo Soup-

I used the jar Alfredo sauce (read the labels for the lowest carb) Small piece of boiled chicken chopped in small pcs. A little cream or milk. Add to magic bullet to pureed. YUM

I made a nice size bowl of Soup, but I put less broth this time. And I am so sad that I am getting full so soon.

I made a nice size bowl of Soup, but I put less broth this time. And I am so sad that I am getting full so soon.

I completely understand that part... Not only is all this a physical adjustmentnit is mental as well!

I was banded the day after you! I too had a moment where I caved. I was so hungry that it hurt to stand up straight! I ate 4 bites of a piece of ham & cheese. I was so embarassed even though noone saw me, I felt HORRIBLE, & not because it hurt physically, but because I feel like I let myself down. Sounds a little cheesy (mmm cheese), but I just went through this whole ordeal with surgery, all the pre-op testing, & pain....& I felt like I was throwing it out the window. But, it happened & it WILL NOT happen again.

Also, breakups are rough-let alone dealing with this weight loss process. This is your time to focus on you! Remember that, & look forward to him eating his heart out when he sees the "new" you! :)

:) 1 more week of liquids we can do it!!

I got banded on the 19th. The only pain I have is around the area of the port. And like yours, my pain comes around when I make a sudden or fast move. I am not hungry, but I know I have to take in liquids. I'm still really light-headed, but with this having been my first medical procedure, I kind of expected that it would take me a while to recover.

I had my first "what-have-I-done" breakdown last night. I was just sitting on the sofa with my hubby and I started crying uncontrollably. It's wasn't at anything in particular. I guess the reality of everything hit me at that moment. I know it won't be my last breakdown and I just have to work through it.

Anyone else have a breakdown this early after surgery?

I had surgery on the 12th and had a severe meltdown the following week. I seem to be ok now.

Banded 9/22. Had phone follow up with office RN (i had to work). Turns out my shoulder pain WAS NOT normal! It didnt start till 3 days post op and hurt when i took deep breaths! Turns out it was the Fluid they put in my band combined with the stomach swelling (normal for post op) that was being to restrictive and causing pain! So they removed 3.5cc (all of it) from my band and boom! Instant relief! I also got the joy of a diet upgrade today! I can have over cooked large Pasta with sauce, canned tuna/chicken, canned (soft) fruit, baked potatoe with no skin, and soft cooked veggies. i had some bumblebee canned chicken salad for lunch and had a steamer freshbpasta with broc. All very yummy after almost a month of liquids! BUT a total mental adjustment for the amount I eat which seems like very little! Oh and 19 pound down! yipee!

I was banded on 9/20, and also had to have some fill removed from the band because of swelling. Every time I tried to swallow Water, my chest (right at the sternum) felt like it was on FIRE. They removed 3.5cc of Fluid and I felt INSTANTLY better. I can't have any of the foods you list yet, though -- I see my surgeon for follow-up on 10/5 - and HOPE that they will let me advance to soft mushies at that point. tuna sounds like heaven right now, but at least I can have Soup - much better than the clear liquid diet. The unfill process wasn't as bad as I had feared either. I assume putting Fluid in is basically the same.

Down 25 lbs from 9/6 -- that Protein diet really kicked my butt!! I actually think I can begin to see difference in shape of my face. Congrats on your success so far!

Oh I'm so sorry that you had a breakdown....I hope that you won't have many more. Just think of the GREAT work you are doing to get healthy. You will be so proud of yourself!

I got banded on the 19th. The only pain I have is around the area of the port. And like yours, my pain comes around when I make a sudden or fast move. I am not hungry, but I know I have to take in liquids. I'm still really light-headed, but with this having been my first medical procedure, I kind of expected that it would take me a while to recover.

I had my first "what-have-I-done" breakdown last night. I was just sitting on the sofa with my hubby and I started crying uncontrollably. It's wasn't at anything in particular. I guess the reality of everything hit me at that moment. I know it won't be my last breakdown and I just have to work through it.

Anyone else have a breakdown this early after surgery?

Hi everyone....I was banded last Wednesday, the 21st. My first 24 hours was the hardest. Once I got home, the sleep in my own bed was magnificent! I still am dealing with the gas pain in my upper back/shoulder area but it seems to be only after I eat. I'm barely eating anything, but there must still be gas in there, so any little thing aggravates it. I can now lay on my side and when I lay on my left side, it always helps with the pain. I have to generally lay on my side during the day once or twice. In fact, today is my first day at the office and I'm in a bit of pain this afternoon because of not being able to rest on my side yet.

I feel well all in all. I think someone else mentioned the first 5-6 days are the hardest and I agree. I just keep looking at the milestones though. This Friday I get to change to a new stage in my diet and so I'm looking forward to that! That helps me get through each day.

I hope you all are enjoying your 'new you's' and that we can all keep encouraging each other!

I was banded on Sept 12th. I STILL have pain in my port area. Is anyone else still having pain there? It has been 2 1/2 weeks and I just thought it would feel better by now. I did have my 2 week post op appt and she felt around my belly and said everything was felt good in there. Just frustrating.....

Banded 9/22 and back at work today. Shoulder pain is still there. I have been ok today at work. YET AGAIN I am not getting in my liquids or Protein :( i am so freakin worried about my port incision. I thought it was infected, talked to the PA who said it wasnt based on what i was describing. I work with 2 nurses and both of them looked at it. One immediately said no its fine and the other said maybe. AAAHHH! I go to the dr tmrw. I am SO hungry. Still on liquids and i better get promoted to purees tomorrow because i may be single AND unemployed if i continue on liquids bc i am gettig a bit crabby. What i wouldnt do for a jar of baby food right now! Haha. I really hope my port isnt infected. Fingers crossed.

J

Banded 9/22