Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, how sad is this..

We woke up this morning and were being lazy, laying in bed and talking, when all of a sudden this most heavenly scent floated in through the open window. It was frying bacon. I whined, and shed a few tears, and laughed at how crazy I am for crying.

Then I regrouped, and tried to fall back on my new brainwashing technique which goes like this:

1. When you smell good food cooking, breathe it in and enjoy it as a beautiful fragrance, much like a spring morning when the crocuses and hyacinths are in bloom.

2. Remember, you do not go outside and graze in your flower bed when the fragrances drift in through the windows. (ok, some of you might *snickers*) Just because it smells heavenly doesn't mean you have to eat it to be fulfilled.

3. Let the aroma itself be satisfying.

All that said.. I have one more word.

BACON!!!

P'Nut didn't mention:

4. Tell husband to shut the window. RIGHT NOW.

I just take the punishment approach to food: If it smells good, tastes good, or makes you feel good: It's bad. Dawg's Concience: "You don't deserve it for all the misery you have been putting your body through all these years, you B*strd!!"

It sure did smell good though :puke:

Hi Susan, while on the subject of bacon - this is what I have learned, and I am delighted by it:

We have bacon once a week, generally on the weekends. We go to the local natural food store, and buy the thick cut, organic, no additives, no preservatives bacon. One pound yields only about 8 slices. Me, my wife, and two little ones each eat two pieces of it. This assures I can savor it and not overdo it, since there isn't enough of it to pig out on.

What I noticed is that a couple of pieces of bacon coupled with a bowl of oatmeal is totally satisfying, filling, and it stays with me for hours, since the bacon has a lot of Protein and fat.

And when you look at the calories of this mini-feast, its not really that bad.

I have noticed a little weight loss the next day each time I have tried this, and have never gained the next day because of it.

So what's wrong with taking a little pleasure, once in a while, in small doses?

I think it works. Maybe it helps reset that caloric restriction thermostat! :rockon:

Its hard to believe there was a day that I used to eat a pound of bacon to myself, and want for more. :eyebrows: Glad those days are over.

Any other bacon afficionados out there?

Best, Brad

Sweet! Thanks Brad.. as soon as Im out of phase two, Im headed to the Co-op for some Bacon!!

*laughs*

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! No tasty food in the house!! I'm dooomed!

Ok, there might be some peeps here that cringe when I say this, but turkey bacon is actually pretty good!!! Less fat, etc.. and if you put it in the microwave for a really long time, it actually gets crispy like real bacon!

:embarassed: This is crazy... I'm thinking what I could put in the food processor with the bacon to make it mushy!!!!

You want to hear sad......opening the lid on the box of doughnuts sitting on the counter behind my desk at work and sniffing them? I look like a "coke" addict getting high! I haven't eaten a doughnut in a looonnnggg time but they do smell heavenly.

I love bacon too!! Thick sliced Petit Jean bacon!!! We have chickens, so we do eat bacon & eggs on the weekends. & It's good!!!! I'm not gonna lie. I don't eat biscuits though (because I can't).

I have a sad admission.

I have now eaten tuna so long (about two or three cans a day) that albacore tuna actually tastes like bacon.

I figure this may be a mental defense mechanism or possibly a side effect from eating 12 to 18 ounces of tuna, every day, day in, day out, for close to two months.

Bacon actually does not have that many calories: 130 calories for three whole slices!!! I think that's a really low calorie count actually, for a whole lot of flavor! I plan on eating bacon after I get banded because I love it.