Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

I'm Banded!! Still in the hospital from Tuesday morning I had to ask for pain meds twice. So far my pain level is about a 4 now. My surgeon knew i had one small hiatal hernia but he discovered a belly button hernia as well and repaired that too. I have stay at least thru this evening they have to check the band placement later this morning and after that see if I can hold down a liquid meal.

I have only two issues. My mouth is like a desert. All I can do is swab it out with this green swab stick. I can't have ice chips or nothing. The other is the roomate who snores like crazy!' she talks loudly in her sleep & she whines constantly about everything the nurses fondue her. If I have to stay another night ll ask for another room. My stomach area is a little tender. I was feeling it and said to the nurse where are my bandages. She showed me! They are called Derma Blend it's thin covering that will dissolve!! I've moved from my bed to this huge comfy recliner at 4 am. It's much better than lying in the bed. Im feeling the gas issues but it's nike coming out yet. The nurse walked me down the hallway before i went to bed last night. Hopefully this morning I can take another stroll to help my digestive system move. I'm not hungry yet. My big desire is to swallow some Water to wet my mouth !! Thank you all for support and a place for updates. Who's next ? ;-)

See if they will give you a wet cold wash cloth to put in your mouth. It helps !

Congrats ! ! ! ! Welcome to BandLand ! ! ! ! BandSister..

Pre-op testing is 10/6 for surgery on 10/12! I'm on my way. So excited. On day 7 of two week liquid diet. Not loving this part, but if it helps to prepare me for banding and post-op, then I'll hang in there. Any other Oct 12th bandsters out there?

kali216 and I are on the 12th....One week :unsure:

I just got out of the ENT and he said that he doesn't see any reason that the surgery can't go on! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh good, back on track!

I'm Banded!! Still in the hospital from Tuesday morning I had to ask for pain meds twice. So far my pain level is about a 4 now. My surgeon knew i had one small hiatal hernia but he discovered a belly button hernia as well and repaired that too. I have stay at least thru this evening they have to check the band placement later this morning and after that see if I can hold down a liquid meal.

I have only two issues. My mouth is like a desert. All I can do is swab it out with this green swab stick. I can't have ice chips or nothing. The other is the roomate who snores like crazy!' she talks loudly in her sleep & she whines constantly about everything the nurses fondue her. If I have to stay another night ll ask for another room. My stomach area is a little tender. I was feeling it and said to the nurse where are my bandages. She showed me! They are called Derma Blend it's thin covering that will dissolve!! I've moved from my bed to this huge comfy recliner at 4 am. It's much better than lying in the bed. Im feeling the gas issues but it's nike coming out yet. The nurse walked me down the hallway before i went to bed last night. Hopefully this morning I can take another stroll to help my digestive system move. I'm not hungry yet. My big desire is to swallow some Water to wet my mouth !! Thank you all for support and a place for updates. Who's next ? ;-)

Congrats, it sounds like aside from the roomate everything is going really great. I'm getting banded Thursday. I'm kinda alomost numb about it. I went thru excitement and thru a major meltdown already so right know I'm kinda just there.. I'm sure I'm gonna get nervous when I get there tommorrow, but this is something I really want so I just pray everything goes great.

Good luck and speedy recovery to you !

Glad everything is going good. Tell them they need to move the roommate or they may have a major clean up. LOL I hope you get to go home soon and they let you have someting to wet your mouth. That I think would be the worst part. Tomorrow is my big day and I'm getting so nervous but this really helped!

Hey everyone. My name is Emily. My husband Josh had his this morning. I'm so proud of how well he did. We got there at 6:00 and surgery at 8:00, and left at 11:30. He was up walking around and drinking Water. He's sleeping now, but he's been doing awesome. He said he's a little sore and it feels like his stomach is puffed out (from the air they blew him up with) but other than that, he said it wasn't too bad. I did his week-long preop diet with him and I lost 8 lbs and he lost 14. So, already we're doing well. Good luck to all of you. We used this site a lot after he found out he was approved, which only took about three days. About 4 weeks from start to finish. You're information and stories really helped him a lot and we hope to be helpful to someone too. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress and if we run into any snags.

Congrats!!! Hope you can get some sleep. I will be banded tomorrow and will join you in band land.

I got a call from the surgery center this morning and I'm supposed to be there by 7:45am. I'm excited, only one more week!!!

Well tomorrow is my big day! I am self pay through Care Credit & today I got my first bill today. I think it's funny to send off my first payment when I haven't had the surgery yet...but it is in the mail now. I hope everyone scheduled for tomorrow does exceptionally well. Prayers for all.

I'm scheduled for Oct 25th to be banded. I'm so excited and now nervous since I found out they changed my surgeon. rolleyes.gif

Good Luck to everyone tomorrow and the rest of the month! I was banded Tuesday morning at 8am and in recovery by 845am...much quicker than I expected! I ended up staying the night because my heart rate and blood pressure was really low...the surgeon said that it's pretty common though so nothing to worry about. I was released at 10:30 this morning!! Pain level is about a 4 right now...I feel very similar to the way I did when I had my c-section. I'm much more comfortable sitting on the couch than laying in bed. Lots of walking today so no gas pains yet...hopefully they stay away! All in all....everything was much easier than I had expected.

I am not at all hungry but have been eating and drinking like they told me to. Cream of Wheat for breakfast...4oz Tomato Soup and 2 bites of yogurt for lunch, chocolate milk in between lunch and dinner and Soup again for supper and 2 bites of Jello.< /p>

Anyone else have trouble sleeping? I'm exhausted but have only slept a total of 6 or 7 hours since Monday night. The hospital bed was horrible but I figured I'd sleep all day when I got home. Slept for 45 minutes and then 1.5 hours again this afternoon and haven't been able to go back to sleep.

I am not use to sleeping on my back, so since my surgery Monday, sleep is touch and go.

I have a question for those recently banded... I am trying to arrange people to help out with my children, but how long should I have someone here? I have 5 kids and the younger ones still need help with bathing and such (and of course that makes for a TON of laundry and groceries). My husband can be home for a short while, but should I have someone else here for a few days when he goes back to work? How long did you take you to be able to do things like laundry and housework for a large family? Thanks in advance for any input!

Well tomorrow is my big day! I am self pay through Care Credit & today I got my first bill today. I think it's funny to send off my first payment when I haven't had the surgery yet...but it is in the mail now. I hope everyone scheduled for tomorrow does exceptionally well. Prayers for all.

Hi, I am on day 2 of my 3 Optifast and Clear Liquids. Headach! but that celery you use for your scale made me really hungry!!

My surgery is scheduled for the 18th. I live in the Tampa Bay area.

Karen

Tomorrow begins my countdown. I begin my pre-opt liquid diet. It is one of the stricter diets. But I am going to stick it out. Starting to feel nervous about the surgery. Glad I have this forum to answer my questions and keep my company.