Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

You go Girl !;)

Hello My October Bandsters!!! So, I had surgery this pastFriday Oct 14th… Surgery was a success. My surgeon told my family Idid a great job shrinking my liver. I was at the hospital a total of 5.5hrs.The actual surgery was only 1hr. I have been pretty good pain wise. The gas issomething else but walking really does help a lot. I had to stop taking the liquid narcotics becauseI had an allergic reaction to the meds. I was itching all over, everywhere… andwhen I say everywhere, I mean everywhere (lol)… I had nausea only on the veryfirst night. I don’t really have a large appetite but I have been doing a halfof Jell-O, a Popsicle, and ½ cup of Soup daily, some Gatorade for dehydration,and definitely getting enough Water intake. I’m kind of glad that my doctor allowscreamy Soups as well because the broth is just plain nasty. So far I am happywith my decision. I will start to add my Protein shakes & vitaminstomorrow. I don’t have a scale, so I wontknow how I’m doing weight wise until my post-op appt this coming Friday. I hopeeveryone is doing great. I pray for a successful surgery and recovery for myentire fellow Bandsters (pre-op & post-op). Good Luck and I’ll keep everyoneposted.

good to watch your weight loss. you seem very calm and content. that is who I want to be! I didn't get to this weight yesterday and I want to remember that I won't get to my goal weight tomorrow! the goal is health for me. thanks for your "down to earth" replies.

BOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Your getting close to Halloween......

That's when I was Banded.... LOL.

I have used pure almond also. great calorie numbers. I think the Doc off. was talking about the combined calories. Another tasty brand is jay robb whey Protein. whey is one of the best Proteins. $34.99 240z. bottle 23 servings. 110 calories 1gm carb. 25 gm Protein 0gm cholesterol ogm fat. I really like the taste and get it a the Vitamin shoppe. keep in mind that the artificial sugar should not be aspartame, no sucralose. the people at the store I go to have really done their homework and I appreciate that.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't afford the protein that they sell at the Dr's office. So that sent me on a mission to try different kinds from GNC, I finally found one that I liked, it Myofusion, chocolate. It has 147 calories, 3g of fat, 5g of carbs, and 25g of protein. I was told that if you are going to choose your own then it needs to meet the following criteria, less than 200 calories, less than 10g of carbs and at least 15 g of protein. Well I got to thinking, does that include the milk that you mix it with??? (that is something that I'm going to ask in my nutrtion consult on Tuesday) However, I then went on a mission to see if I could find a lower carb milk ( the non-fat milk i was using has 18 g of carbs). I found one that isn't too bad. It is called PureAlmond, and it is made by Silk. It has 35 cal, 2.5g of fat, 1g of carbs, and 1 g of protein. The milk has a hint of an almond taste, so I imagine that it is going to taste along the lines of a chocolate almond when i drink my shake in the morning. Sorry to ramble on so much but i just thought I would share with you guys!

AlmondMilk-1.jpg

AlmondMilkNutritionFacts.jpg

good to watch your weight loss. you seem very calm and content. that is who I want to be! I didn't get to this weight yesterday and I want to remember that I won't get to my goal weight tomorrow! the goal is health for me. thanks for your "down to earth" replies.

Check yourself out in a year from now. You to will see a major difference.

Remember,,, this is life changing, so just stick with what you learn, and forget the Past.

Because it's GONE !

Hello My October Bandsters!!! So, I had surgery this pastFriday Oct 14th… Surgery was a success. My surgeon told my family Idid a great job shrinking my liver. I was at the hospital a total of 5.5hrs.The actual surgery was only 1hr. I have been pretty good pain wise. The gas issomething else but walking really does help a lot. I had to stop taking the liquid narcotics becauseI had an allergic reaction to the meds. I was itching all over, everywhere… andwhen I say everywhere, I mean everywhere (lol)… I had nausea only on the veryfirst night. I don't really have a large appetite but I have been doing a halfof Jell-O, a Popsicle, and ½ cup of Soup daily, some Gatorade for dehydration,and definitely getting enough Water intake. I'm kind of glad that my doctor allowscreamy Soups as well because the broth is just plain nasty. So far I am happywith my decision. I will start to add my Protein Shakes & vitaminstomorrow. I don't have a scale, so I wontknow how I'm doing weight wise until my post-op appt this coming Friday. I hopeeveryone is doing great. I pray for a successful surgery and recovery for myentire fellow Bandsters (pre-op & post-op). Good Luck and I'll keep everyoneposted.

So glad you are doing well Q-Tee!

I was banded last Thursday and quite frankly have been out of it since. I was hoping I would be feeling much better today. Don't get me wrong, I have improved but am not quite up to par yet. I still have quite a bit of pain, mostly in the port area and I just feel out of it. I am hoping I get feeling better soon. The surgery was smooth and the surgery team was amazing and I was so at ease. I do not regret anything. I'm looking forward to feeling better and eating some soft foods. I am not really hungry, but broth is not cutting it, not even my homeade broth sad.gif. Maybe starting soft foods in a day or two will help!

Lots of love~October Bandsters!

HeavyDutyQ-tee : Congrats ! How are you doing today ? Hopefully, a little better,,,,,

It can take time, everyone's different though. Sp give it some time, and all will be fine.

Take Care, Shirley.

Thanks for the good words Shirley. I am 63 and wondering if I am too old for this, but the doc says no!

I am in North Carolina. Anyone else in NC?

I am 55 and will be banded on the 20th. Good luck

I am 55 and will be banded on the 20th. Good luck

I am 55 and being banded TOMORROW!

good luck

i am 54 and being banded tomorrow as well

can't wait to start his new chapter in my life

I am 55 and being banded TOMORROW!

I'm 52 and being banded Friday the 21st!

Well say hello to the Sophisticated Ladies here. I am 57, and feel like 21..... YES !

I have 2 artificial Knees from being overweight, and trying to lose weight exerciseing. I shot my knees.

So they are long replaced, and I work out in a Gym, and Pool for NO! Impact Aerobics, and it helps.

also helps with weight loss.

As far as to OLD to have surgery ? NO WAY ! Your Life is worth to much...

Lets keep in touch O.K...

Shirley.

I am kind of disappointed! I was scheduled for surgery tonight at 5:00 pm. I was at the hospital by 3:00 and was told that my surgeon was running behind. I said okay, no big deal. He later came to my room and said he wouldn't be able to do the surgery until about 9:00. I thought, wow, that is late but okay. He came back to my room later and said he would need to postpone my surgery until Wednesday morning.

This is disappointing but I figure it gives me another day to work on things around the house that I didn't get done already. So my new band date is October 19th. I am scheduled to be the first one in surgery.

Debora

weight.png

Surgery yesterday and everything went well. I am home recuperating and relaxing this week. I have the 200 sit-up soreness and got to enjoy crushing my regular meds last night so I could take them (yum tasty). I am an engineer so I over prepared and have lists for everything. I have plenty of the Clear Liquids so I have a variety for the next two days and I have a good starter selection for the full-liquid diet starting on Day 3 (Oct. 20). Today is going to be rainy here in north-central Florida so I don't mind being inside. The biggest drawback is feeling "too good". I have to constantly remind myself to take it easy. I learned at a younger age after hernia surgery that you can easily overdo it and end up in the ER.

I am amazed by the surgical glue. They should make this the preferred way to close incisions. I have had stitches and staples and while those cannot be replaced in some instances I really like the lack of surgical site swelling and post-surgical scarring. Also, the liquid pain meds are nice and make me goofy so if I ramble and make no sense I apologize in advance.