Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

Just wanted to wish all October bandsters luck. I know many of us will be starting our pre-op diet today. My surgery is the 6th and I start my diet thursday. We have all worked hard to get here and our journey has started. I know we will all do great.

Just got banded on the 10th trying to do things correctly but having hard time staying full on liquids do you have any suggestions?

My surgery is tomorrow! I will call this afternoon to get my exact surgery time, but I am way excited. I thought I would be more nervous, but I am just so ready for positive change that, so far, I am more excited than nervous. For the last month, I have really taken a different approach to eating foods and am happy with my emotional progress, as well as physical progress.

I am making a large pot of homeade chicken noodle Soup, so that I can drain the broth and have homeade broth instead of canned for the first little while, as I heard it tastes so much better. Then, the fam can eat the soup!

Countdown! (Pre-op~lost 8 lbs.)

Good luck on your surgery. I was just done on the 10th its exciting but frustrating as well because in my case I cant get full on the liquids a lone.....

I don't get full on liquids either...I'm not at all satisfied on liquids. i'm 10 days post op tomorrow. Are you still doing Protein Shakes? Those helped a bit and I'm drinking a lot of chocolate milk. I know it's frustrating but you just have to remember that it's only temporary...only 2 weeks and you can have mushies! I am soo looking forward to mushies...can't wait until I can have eggs, cottage cheese, etc.

I started eating mashed potatoes and gravy around 7 days post op and it helped me get through the days. I know they don't really recommend them yet but I haven't had any problems at all...small amounts. What about Cream of Wheat...have you tried that? They have one that's high Fiber and more Protein than the original...i put brown sugar in mine and it's good.

Keep your eye on the prize and remember it's only temporary. Best of luck to you!

oh...greek yogurt is good to and high protein...if you can stand the tartness. I really like the Chobani greek yogurt. Maybe give that a try?

My surgery is October 14th....AHHHH I've been going through this process since February. I cannot believe it's *checks date* tomorrow! Good luck everyone!!

Good luck to all Octobers fro m me too. I will be a Halloween bandster! Getting nervous.

Oct 21st is my big day. Not nervous but anxious. Well see how I feel next week....good luck everyone!

Good morning! I start my pre op diet today. I'm never hungry when I wake up but today....starving. Of course! Anyway I wanted to share a quick tip that I just discovered. I was looking for something to carry the protien powder in and I found my son's container that I used for formula. It has 3 sections and each section holds exactly one scoop of my protien powder. It has a spout that you can pour the powder through. I think we got his at Walmart in the baby section for a couple of dollars. Anyway.. I'm just starting so that's my only tip. :D Good luck to everyone having surgery today or in the midst of the liquids!

That is a really good idea Jennifer, I made up several zip lock sandwich baggies with individual servings so that I didn't have to stress over doing it every morning. Good luck on starting your liquids today too maybe we won't be too grouchy lol.

Good morning! I start my pre op diet today. I'm never hungry when I wake up but today....starving. Of course! Anyway I wanted to share a quick tip that I just discovered. I was looking for something to carry the protien powder in and I found my son's container that I used for formula. It has 3 sections and each section holds exactly one scoop of my protien powder. It has a spout that you can pour the powder through. I think we got his at Walmart in the baby section for a couple of dollars. Anyway.. I'm just starting so that's my only tip. :D Good luck to everyone having surgery today or in the midst of the liquids!

Good luck to all Octobers fro m me too. I will be a Halloween bandster! Getting nervous.

We will be Soul Bandsisters because of the same day..

I had Fantastic Care.

I am currently in my preop room! Kinda scared, but ready for the losers bench so no turning back now. Will update you after!

I am currently in my preop room! Kinda scared, but ready for the losers bench so no turning back now. Will update you after!

WOOT WOOT for October 13th! I will be leaving my house momentarily to go to the surgery center. Still not too nervous. Just want to get it over with and start healing and move on to a healthier new me!

Good luck all bandsters today. Let me (us) know how it goes!

Yesterday went really well. I was in and out and home by 1:30. It was nice being in my own bed. The hospital was pretty noisy. I was feeling sore, like a bunch of sit ups but not bad. Last night was rough. It is hard to get in a comfortable position. The heating pad helped a bit. This morning is better. Luckily I"m not hungry and just burping a lot. Good luck to everyone this week!

So excited... I will be banded tomorrow morning 10/14 at 11am. i am the #3 surgery of 5. Im very anxious nervous and excited all at once. Havent been sleeping. Did all my hw assignments for this week. Taped all my shows for the week. Got my bag packed. I am all set and ready to hit the finish line. I wish you ALL safe n happy blessings before, during, and after surgery!!! Band-Land here we come!!! biggrin.gif

My big day is Halloween!!!! I am soooooo nervous and excited at the same time!!!! I have to admit my WHOLE life is changing...I just moved out of my apartment I had been living with my boyfriend but he chooses to do drugs and I choose to live a better life!!!! I just hope and pray I dont turn into a basketcase after this surgery....im scared about the emotinal distress more than anything honestly :( I am staying with my sister who is sooooo supportive and strong and I know she will be there for me through it all. Good luck to all of us!!!!