Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

My op-date is this Friday, October 14 and I am so glad I found you guys before my surgery. My Surgeon is excellent but I have read a few blogs about appointments being rushed and info not exchanged so in the whirl wind of booking the surgery it is sometimes easy to not ask the questions. I feel after reading this I am going in with my eyes totally wide open, thank you everyone for sharing and I look forward to continuing this journey with you all. GO OCTOBERS!!!!!!!

I am scheduled for Oct 21st... day before my birthday! LOL So far, kind of nervous, kind of excited...protein shakes aren't that bad. On day 4 of the pre-op diet, not missing food at all... unless I am around it! :-)

I start the preop on Thursday for my surgery on the 27th. I am having a really hard time not filling my week with last meals. The weekend was really bad. The week will be better because there is so much structure.

Just wanted to let you all know that I am on day 5 of being banded and I have found that Warm tea is helping with the gas pains. And make sure you have a heat pack as well. The two together are so much help and WALK WALK WALK. If you have questions about what has worked and what didnt let me know. I would love to help anyone who wants tips.

I just finished my last 2 things on my checklist (upper GI and nasal swab for mrsa) and have an appt with my surgeon this afternoon and having surgery Thurs am! When I started this in June it felt like it was going to take forever and now it is almost here! Only 2 more days to get things done at home and then I will cross over to lapbandland!

Hi, I am on my 7th day of pre-op diet. Totally lost all willpower last night. I quess this is why I am having this surgery. Did not have anything really bad just that I am supposed to be on 3 shake a day and Clear Liquids only. I had Triscuts,cherrios,and cottage cheese. by the way I gained 3 pounds. Luckily I have lost 30 since 6 months ago.

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on here.. Im getting banded on October 17th.. I've been looking forward to this for almost a whole year now...well.. I've been overweight for what seems like forever.. but only started considering the lap band about a year ago. My father had lapband about 2 or 3 years ago and has been very successful.

I started my preop diet about 4 weeks ago. This consists of a Protein shake for Breakfast, a Protein Shake for lunch, actual Protein for dinner with veggies... and fruits in between for snacking.. i also allow myself one sugar free italian ice at night. My surgeon thought it was a good idea to start the diet right away and Im glad I did because Ive already lost almost 15 pounds and am very motivated to do this! This Saturday and Sunday I will be on ALL liquids since its the two days before surgery. Im NOT looking forward to that... But I do have my mom coming this Friday, she will stay with me for a week. She is the one that helped my dad when he had his surgery so she is well versed on how to take care of me. I look forward to that.. but Im still a little nervous...

Not so much nervous about actually having the surgery..more nervous about everything that follows after surgery.. Will I be able to do this? Will I succeed?

I've been reading a little in this thread and saw people discussing who they've told about their surgery and not wanting to tell too many people etc... I've told EVERYONE. Im even blogging about all of this and I post my blog on my Facebook page for all to see. Including some unflattering before pictures in a bathing suit.. Yeah, I know.. I must have had a temporary lapse in judgement the day I posted those :-)

Anyways, here's my blog link for those that are interested..: bettiethederp.tumblr.com

I am going to try and be active on this board.. I've never really been a message board kind of person... but I've been on this site for weeks now just lurking.. so I think maybe it's time I start to become that person ;-)

I guess I should also give a little bit of info about me.. Im 27 female living in Orlando, FL with my husband and our two cats..

I am scheduled for Oct 21st... day before my birthday! LOL So far, kind of nervous, kind of excited...protein shakes aren't that bad. On day 4 of the pre-op diet, not missing food at all... unless I am around it! :-)

I am scheduled for that day also! Good Luck!

Cristine

Ok guys..Wednesday, the day after tomorrow is THE day..lol. I'm excited. I'm NOT excited about the clear liquids and Protein Shakes but to get BANDED it!! lol

LB4me - I've had similar moments when the reality of everything really hit me. This is not an easy decision and I wish you peace over the next few weeks preparing.

Going to NYU too and scheduled 10/14. Did pre-op testing yesterday and it was quick and easy (blood tests, EKG, chest xray, and did most of the paperwork to minimize anything for the day of process).

My final motivation and why 100% sure this is the right thing for me - I don't want Morbidly Obese in the same sentence as my name EVER again. Good luck!

Hey guys, I'm from Brooklyn too and going to NYU. Surgery is the 21st with Dr. Schwack. I'm scared out of my mind and have been debating chickening out. :-(

Hey guys, I'm from Brooklyn too and going to NYU. Surgery is the 21st with Dr. Schwack. I'm scared out of my mind and have been debating chickening out. :-(

No chickening out! If we're going through with it, so are you! My surgery is on the 20th. Hopefully I will be released the same day, but if not, I'll wave at you on your way in.

No chickening out! If we're going through with it, so are you! My surgery is on the 20th. Hopefully I will be released the same day, but if not, I'll wave at you on your way in.

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope you don't have to stay overnight, even though I'd really love a friendly wave. LOL I'm trying to be brave....

I am scheduled for that day also! Good Luck!

Cristine

I'm the 21st also

Surgery is tomorrow in the DFW area. I have a lot of emotions, happy, scared, nervous. Just to name a few. Good luck to all and if I don't update in the morning I'll do it when I get home from the surgery.

Good morning everyone! I had my upper gi yesterday and my stomache HURTS today! anyone else have that going on?? I dont know if it is from having so little for so long and then having to drink such heavy stuff and so much of it but boy do i hurt!( I keep telling myself it is my bodys way of building me up to surgery) UGH... Anyway, I was up all night reading all of the posts on the surgery day board and now I am half scared out of my whits and half relieved. I dont think I have this many emotions in such a short time when I am pmsing or pregnant! Are there other people going in thurs? How are you fairing emotionally?