Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

The surgery center called this morning and I have to be there at 7:45am on Friday!!! :D which means I have to leave my house at 5:45am :( BUT so totally worth it!!!!!!! I plan on taking pictures of my surgery day to keep progress and for my blog so I will keep you all updated!! Good Luck to everyone who is having surgery Thursday :D

Cheryl

On my way to be banded!!! Good luck to everyone else be banded this month.

Good luck! Wishing you well!

I don't start my pre op diet for another week, but I've been really working on laying off the sugar in the last couple of weeks. Last night I over did the sugar and slept horribly and woke up starving. Lesson learned. I cannot eat sugar late at night and probably shouldn't eat much at all.

Good luck "AmyRose" and anyone else having surgery today. Keep your mind on the Big Goal.

Karen

Hey everybody, I got banded Monday morning. I had a lot of post-op pain until about Wednesday morning and then things begin to calm down to what I would assume is a normal level of pain. I literally could not get up and down out of chair without help. But time and Lortab have been a blessing in that regard. The Dr. let me go home late Tuesday afternoon and I stayed the night at my parents house. They were a Godsend in helping me out (I'm single).

I am on a clear liquid, sugar free diet for a week and then back to the Dr. There has been lots of farting but almost zero burping. My wounds appear to be doing just fine and I have been walking and drinking a lot of Water. The therapist also has me using one of those little portable breathing machines where you practice inhaling deeply about 10 times a day.

My Dr. glued me back together instead of stitches. I have five incisions on my stomach. The largest is about 2.5 inches long. The port is four inches above and slightly to the left of my belly button. They shaved my stomach and I am feeling very "metrosexual" right now. :D

As far as my diabetes goes my glucose levels have been high. They hovered between 200-250 while in the hospital and have been running and 150-160 at home. Small doses of insulin help bring it down but I am off of all of my oral meds (diabetic) per Dr. orders. Of course I am crushing all of my other meds and so far it has not been the problem I thought it might. They don't tastes so bad. :)

Right now I am feeling pretty good..... but those first couple of days I was having some doubts about my decision. The funny thing is that I have actually gained six pounds since my surgery. Retaining lots of Fluid I suppose......

Good luck to all of you!

I have a question for those recently banded... I am trying to arrange people to help out with my children, but how long should I have someone here? I have 5 kids and the younger ones still need help with bathing and such (and of course that makes for a TON of laundry and groceries). My husband can be home for a short while, but should I have someone else here for a few days when he goes back to work? How long did you take you to be able to do things like laundry and housework for a large family? Thanks in advance for any input!

Get a maid. You deserve it!

Hello all. I am now three days post as I had my banding on Monday. After all I read before the procedure, good stories and bad, what to expect, etc. I can say I feel better than I deserve. No pain, no gas and wounds healing well. Swelling is going down and already lost three pounds. NOT hungry. Following doctor instructions to a T and doing my liquids. I was shocked that my doctor said he found a big hernia and fixed it for me. That apparently has been the cause of my severe heartburn and episodes of nausea. I actually feel great. I can even breathe through my nose which was done with the aid of nasal sprays. Go figure. Not sure what the connection is but mine is not to question. Oh and no gas pain. I had a little twinge in my shoulder, took gas x with milanta chewable and it went away. I know I should enjoy my time off but I am bored stiff. I hope this gives all upcoming bandsters a positive view of what to expect. I felt better reading positive stories than bad experience stories. I think they are a small percentage of people who had this done. It's working! Good luck to all.

Banded Monday about noon. Woo Hoo. And all is well. I was at a VA hospital so I stayed until yesterday afternoon. I was then discharged to a nearby motel until my follow up next Tuesday. I finally got my hair brushed again after several days of wallowing on it. I'm glued together without stitches or bandages and the itch has started. I have 6 incisions because of my hiatal hernia repair. I'm so not hungry. I am cleared to full lquids and have been given some thought to it. In the mean time, I still have plenty of clears to consume. I have been drinking lots of Water since I was deprived for 36 hours. (That was my hardest part.) But, just a little at a time. My meds concern me but I have so far just cut them in half and take them a few minutes apart.

Just ckecking in with y'all. Nap time again.

Well I am banded!!!!! I will say more after my nap. I am already home. Good luck to everyone else today

Banded Monday morning. The hardest part was not the pain of the operation, but the pain from the loertabs tearing my stomach up. We can't eat anything, so the pain wad difficult. So I stopped the pills and have been doing better ever since. Three days later I finally feel more like myself. After the op I gained 5 pounds and now I am finally back down to my pre op weight. I wish you all the best of luck, know that I am here for you if you have any questions.

Banded Monday morning. The hardest part was not the pain of the operation, but the pain from the loertabs tearing my stomach up. We can't eat anything, so the pain wad difficult. So I stopped the pills and have been doing better ever since. Three days later I finally feel more like myself. After the op I gained 5 pounds and now I am finally back down to my pre op weight. I wish you all the best of luck, know that I am here for you if you have any questions.

Hey everybody, I got banded Monday morning. I had a lot of post-op pain until about Wednesday morning and then things begin to calm down to what I would assume is a normal level of pain. I literally could not get up and down out of chair without help. But time and Lortab have been a blessing in that regard. The Dr. let me go home late Tuesday afternoon and I stayed the night at my parents house. They were a Godsend in helping me out (I'm single).

I am on a clear liquid, sugar free diet for a week and then back to the Dr. There has been lots of farting but almost zero burping. My wounds appear to be doing just fine and I have been walking and drinking a lot of Water. The therapist also has me using one of those little portable breathing machines where you practice inhaling deeply about 10 times a day.

My Dr. glued me back together instead of stitches. I have five incisions on my stomach. The largest is about 2.5 inches long. The port is four inches above and slightly to the left of my belly button. They shaved my stomach and I am feeling very "metrosexual" right now. :D

As far as my diabetes goes my glucose levels have been high. They hovered between 200-250 while in the hospital and have been running and 150-160 at home. Small doses of insulin help bring it down but I am off of all of my oral meds (diabetic) per Dr. orders. Of course I am crushing all of my other meds and so far it has not been the problem I thought it might. They don't tastes so bad. :)

Right now I am feeling pretty good..... but those first couple of days I was having some doubts about my decision. The funny thing is that I have actually gained six pounds since my surgery. Retaining lots of Fluid I suppose......

Good luck to all of you!

Congratulations ! :D Welcome to the Losers Bench !!!!!:waytogo: It gets Better Day by Day ! Hope your feeling a little better. Pain meds. can be a Blessing if you need them. I know I did, and I took them. No shame here. They give them to you for a reason, and I found out why...

Thanks! Dallas here! October 12 is my band day! I'm super excited but this 2 wk liver reduction diet is for the birds. I'm almost there though!!

Just wanted to wish all October bandsters luck. I know many of us will be starting our pre-op diet today. My surgery is the 6th and I start my diet thursday. We have all worked hard to get here and our journey has started. I know we will all do great.