Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

Did/are any of ya'll having a vena cava filter put in or a EGD? I had both done, the filter by choice. Just wondering because if so it will delay your surgery date a couple weeks or so.

Hey my surgery date is october 14 too good luck ! keep in touch.

:D

Hernandez,

I start my liquid diet on friday the 30th and I have already started to eat less to prepare to the very very little amount of food and protien shake im going to be drinking.

Great news. I just found out my surgery date is the 26th. I go to a day long class on the 20th and that's it. I'm very excited about it. Good Luck to all of the earlier Oct. bandsters. Rebecca

Hello everyone

I just found out that my surgery date is Oct. 26. WAHOOOOO !!!!!

I started my journey in January of this year being really excited. I think I have worked through every emotion that ever was during that last few months. Now that I am a month out I am TERRIFIED!!!! I'm not having second thoughts but just scared of the unknown I guess. My doctor is a little different. I have to do a 4 week liquid diet. This is going to be interesting... (just sayin')

I am so glad that I am not going through this journey alone.

Thanks to all for the tips and tricks to help make this a successful journey. :rolleyes:

Mine is October 12 as well, I'm going to start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I did find out though that i am able to eat SF Jello, LF/SF Yogurt and LF/SF pudding in addition to my 2 shakes and Soups for dinner. I told my husband today that I wanted to have my "last meal" tonight.:P

Oh good. Looks like most people are getting there's done on the 14th. I'm also having my "last meals" today. I'm sticking with berry shakes with Protein, Soup, and fish/salad or chicken/veggies for dinner Greek yogurt and pudding for Snacks. Should be....interesting :)

lowpockets68. I'm glad to see that you are also on the 26th. I know how you feel terrified. I felt that at first but then just really excited.:rolleyes: 1 month I can wait! Rebecca

I go to my doctor today. First day I've actually met him :blink:

Then surgery next Thursday! I am so excited. The diet isn't going to bad today is day 6! My 13 yr old is such a great son to help me out when hubby is gone. He cleaned up after supper last night cause he knows I like to pick. LOL I always save my 3 oz of Protein to eat supper with him. He is learning so much by my doing this.

I love reading about everyone's excitement on here. And of course thier nervousness too. It makes me feel very normal. :rolleyes:

Getting my Lap Band this Thursday, September 29th :rolleyes:

I've been on the Sugar Buster's diet for almost two weeks. So far, I've been pretty good. Had a weak moment over the weekend and ate a piece of fried chicken. As far a sweets go, there are lots of sugarfree candies that have taken the place of all the sweet treats I use to eat.

I am ready.

I'll bet your ready to do this... Congrats, And I welcome you to the Other side, as soon as you wake up..

Shirley.

Hi everybody. I found out today that I will be banded on the 21st. Up until now I was excited, now I'm terrified. Any help is appreciated....and good luck to all of you!

Jodie

So I went to all of my pre-op appointments yesterday and they were great! I had a really good time talking with the counsler, she was amazing, made me feel like I was talking to an old friend. Yesterday was also day 1 of my pre-op diet. It was a little difficult, but I got thru it, and now this morning, I have a headache. My headaches tend to turn into Migraines easily, and I'm not allowed to take my excedrin Migraine. (because of the asprin) So I'm going on the hunt for tylenol at lunch time, hope it doesn't get any worse while I wait. Thanks for reading my ranting, just wanted to share my last 24 hours with all of you. Have a wonderful day today!!

Got my insurance approval today!!! I started my pre-op diet on 9/22 and have lost 10 lbs so far.....my surgery is scheduled for October 12th!! I am so excited I can't wait to being my new journey!!

One week of pre-op diet, and lost 7 pounds! (Pre-op is Optifast - 3 shakes, one Soup, One Bar plus come "freebie" veggies.) After day 3, I felt much better - no headache and more energy. Still not getting in the exercise that I know I need to do, but one battle at a time to win the war. Surgery is Oct. 4, and am getting a little scared. Not about the actual surgery, as I have had a couple other surgeries, but about how I will feel after. Good luck October Bandsters!

I will be having my "last meals" today! And, I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I will be meeting with the doctor today, the dietician & having the pre-op class this evening. It is going to be a very busy day!

I woke up this morning feeling as good about this as I have. I'm ready for change. I have researched lap band thoroughly. I have read 6 books in less than a month on the subject. I have read two that have helped me significantly, so I thought I would share. First, Fighting Weight, by Khaliah Ali, who discusses her journey, and Eat It Up!, by Connie Stapleton. She discusses, in detail, the emotional side of eating and finding balance in your life and tips post surgery. Just thought I'd share.

I will post more throughout the pre-op diet! Thanks all! Wish me luck! lol biggrin.gif

October 3rd is my date. My doctor didn't put me on a pre op diet though. Hmmmm.....wonder if this is normal?