Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning fellow bandsters!! I had surgery 12/9/10 and I'm doing well. As you can see from my ticker, I'm over halfway to my goal. It feels great! I'm registered to run a 5k next month. I would have never thought a year ago that I would be doing this. I have been training for it and I can easily run the entire thing nnow. Before, going to the mailbox was hard. I think alot of times we focus solely on the numbers on the scale instead of the other great things happening on this journey. Things like losing inches, eating less, getting more active, eating healthier and just having a different mindset about our health. And as some of know....it has to start in the mind before the body follows. For those just starting out or only a few months post op...hang in there. I was discouraged too. The scale wasn't moving fast enough, I thought that I would just start dropping weight after surgery and continue until I got to goal. That didn't happen. I thought that the band would just stop me from eating. That didn't happen. I was discouraged because I wanted bigger fills and my doc was only doing small amounts at a time. Now in hindsight, I'm glad that they were small amounts because it gave me time to wrap my head around the lifestyle changes I needed to make. For the new bandsters or the ones struggling, keep your appointments, schedule nutrition visits, join a support group. I truly believe that post op care is critical. Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to share this with everyone. Good luck!!

Congrats with your journey.

Thank you for sharing !!

I am newly banded, one month today actually.

I was starting to get discouraged because the weight loss seems to have totally stopped. I am also feeling the hunger again between meals.

Your post is encouraging !!! Congrats on your journey.

Thank you !!

Great job deedee72... I am happy for you and hope for a continued success in your wls journey. Wow!!! 65lbs lost is great... I can't wait til it's my turn. I just started my journey August 18th when I attended my first ever LapBAnd seminar. I haven't been banded yet but the nurse submitted all my paperwork to my insurance company (Anthem BCBS) on Tuesday Sept 13th... and there it was 2 days later n I got my approval for my surgery. 28 days was all it took and now all I have to do is pick a date. I'm hoping for Oct 14th or Oct 21st. Just waiting on my supervisor to call me back and let me know what would be a better day so I wont inconvenience the work schedule too bad. So happy!!! This is the best news I've gotten in a long time!!! Any tips on what I need to get before surgery and what to bring with me to the hospital on surgery day? I'm definitely looking for a support group. Thanks

That you for your story. I will be 3 months post op tomorrow. I have lost just about 40lbs! it has been not that hard for me so far. But it's still a struggle. I am happy with the choice I have made but still have such a long way to go. Thanks for your encouraging words. Keep it up!

Great job deedee72... I am happy for you and hope for a continued success in your wls journey. Wow!!! 65lbs lost is great... I can't wait til it's my turn. I just started my journey August 18th when I attended my first ever LapBAnd seminar. I haven't been banded yet but the nurse submitted all my paperwork to my insurance company (Anthem BCBS) on Tuesday Sept 13th... and there it was 2 days later n I got my approval for my surgery. 28 days was all it took and now all I have to do is pick a date. I'm hoping for Oct 14th or Oct 21st. Just waiting on my supervisor to call me back and let me know what would be a better day so I wont inconvenience the work schedule too bad. So happy!!! This is the best news I've gotten in a long time!!! Any tips on what I need to get before surgery and what to bring with me to the hospital on surgery day? I'm definitely looking for a support group. Thanks

Before surgery, I didn't really need anything besides a variety of liquids for the diet. Surgery day I found that a pillow was helpful for the ride home. It helped cushion the area between my stomach and the seatbelt. Good luck to you!!

Wow! I wish you much success. Everything is moving along for you so smoothly! Keep me posted!

Thx Ladies for your encouragement and support. I will keep u posted on my success. Yay!!!

OMG DEEDEE you just brought tears to my eyes you are a true inspiration. I hope all the newbies around here read this. Good luck on your 5K oh I am so jealous I have always wanted to do one. Please let us know how it goes. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Q-tee, for after surgery I would recommend ice for incisions, Popsicles as part of your liquids and baggy clothiers. The pillow for your belly is important too - def helps

. For those just starting out or only a few months post op...hang in there. I was discouraged too.

Thank you so very much for sharing! And congrats on your success!

I am just 2 weeks post op today--I am a little worried about mushies stage starting, and everything else to come!!

I've gotten quite used to my Protein shake, creamy Soup, pudding diet, LOL

I definitely am taking it slow! I have not weighed myself since my day 1 post op appt.... I don't own a scale, so its pretty easy NOT too! But I know when I did have a scale, I got obsessed with jumping on it every day.

Thanks again for your great story!

Great job on your loss. I was banded 12/11 to and I have had great loss in my mind but it came easy in the begining and has slowed greatly! I have had to start working for my loss now :) Its all good I am just so glad I am enjoying life agian. It definitly has its ups and down but I think the most important thing to remeber is it is a tool that we must work! Good luck on your run I am hoping to start running myself!

It is so good to hear all the success stories - I too was banded 12/29/2010 and have lost 65 pouunds. To this day i have not had a fill. My advice to everyone is listen to what the doctor, nurse and dietician says. It really works if you are determined and ready for this change. I exercise twice a day (before work and after work). I will be 51 at the end of this month and feel great. My husband has been so supportive of me and has helped me tremedously. I have about 30 pounds to go and am taking it slow. I want to lose those pounds but I want to be healthy also. Something I still do from what the dietician has told me is i do not drink 1 hour before or during my meal or 1 hour after. that really helps alot. If i don't pay attention to my meals i forget to chew sometimes, but for the most part all is going good. Keep your head up and your heart into it. It really works.....